Satire?

I keep hearing the "pol is satire" thing. Is it? How much of it? What kind of satire?

It seems to me that most people on here are either being completely serious, or are just exaggerating their true beliefs to some mild degree.

"Sup Forums is satire" is just something we say so (((they))) don't shut us down.

DELETE THIS

It is satire but more and more people take it actually serious, which is absolutely hillarious.

Sup Forums is the ultimate representation of Poe's law.

Sup Forums is bored of peace, gentle user.

I'm sarcastic at least 50% of the time here

Autists have a real hard time recognizing satire and irony

We joke and have fun. Occasionally, we stumble across something important and work together.

the only time i joke is when it's for bantz, but otherwise i'm always serious on here

>work together.
When? When has this ever happened?
Sup Forums works together more than we do. Mods literally do not allow us to work together.

It is not satire. It is a group of sexist, racist, radical right-wing extremists. They deserve shame.

Depends on what you consider, "satire"

this place mostly leans right if you want to be a huge fag you should probablt bounce.

What if "Sup Forums is satire" is satire?

Everything you read on Sup Forums is intended to be taken seriously.

This place isn't satire, if you think it is you're pretty fucking naive for assuming people with opinions & beliefs that are extreme to you are just trolling and joking around.

/po/ is a board of peace #notallpolacks

Shit, this place is satire??So I'm the only one who actual hates the jews?!

So do normies

It's a place where alt-right try to recruit /r9k/ sacks of shit who want to blame their lives on everyone else. It's basically a bunch of fearful, paranoid white nationalist vultures looking for bait and that's it.

It's completely Aladeen.

Sup Forums is a board of peace.

>looking for bait
They've come to the right place

>Having to ask what is satire and what is not??
>Do you even understand satire??

Oh wait . . .yank detected.

samefag

Its a combination. You've got the retarded nu-Sup Forums crowd that create endless le funny nigger threads, unironically because they're underage and/or retarded. You've also got leak threads, etc which are quite rational. Many people just use this shithole as an escape and to blame some external factors on their failures.

Explain satire you wilting leaf?

Do you make a distinction between poe's law and satire?

No, it's not satire in the slightest. There's just more and more new posters and ledditors who don't understand that. I've been on Sup Forums for about 8 years now and it's 100% real.

Sup Forums isn't one person, most people take at least some elements seriously while joking about others while while other people will be sincere about the thngs the first group are joking about and sarcastic about the the things the former believe.

Sup Forums does have a satirical elements but the thing is any given post could be honest or not depending on the person making it.

I think you are slightly off. The content of an individual post is not necessarily satirical...but the hive mind projection of collective posting has an effect more akin to poe's law than satire. Poe's law is an element of satire not a different type. satire and it's tropes have been around since archilochus' time nothing new but an echo chamber of disparate thought. If the hive mind is demonstrating this to us it shows collectively we still have alot of learning to do.

Pol is satirical, not satire.

Poe's Law states that "it is impossible for someone to make a parody of creationism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

OP I agree with you. Most people are serious about their hard right political beliefs, with a little exaggeration. For example, your average polster may not like Jews or their disproportionate influence in media, but when they say "gas the kikes! Race war now!" They most likely aren't going to bomb a synagogue tomorrow.

Anyone who says pol is satire is either stuoid/naive, in serious denial, or they are doing wishful thinking. Misunderstanding is so easy on the Internet. If pol really were satire, it would be that lame "hipster racism/ le ironic edgelord" bullshit.

>satire

hyperbole =/= satire

This.
We're basically free of constraints here, so we can finally yell out the things we want without consequences.
So stuff like "x would be better without y" turns into "x should genocide y".

I have to admit that the more i say the things i say here, the more i start to accept them. It's a process. I think most of us would be quite happy to see certain undesirables gassed or deported.

Depends. You have to understand though, everything is memes.

We really don't hate specific people, we hate their unrighteous memes. Replace their stale memes with our dank memes and things will fall in line, no violence necessary.

I can confidently say that I speak for all of Sup Forums when I say that I #standwithher. Now come on, guys, let's #correcttherecord!

what a inspiring message, i am now a #SaudiMissile