Warner Bros. Puts ‘Man of Steel’ Sequel Into Active Development

thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

>Henry Cavill‘s Superman will fly solo again in a sequel to “Man of Steel” going into active development at Warner Bros., a person familiar with the project told TheWrap.

>Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

thank you geoff johns

Does anybody here still believe in this franchise?

Third time's charm, right?
Bravo Snyder!

So Johns has basically had enough of WBs fuckups now right? I wouldnt be surprised if SS's editing fiasco was a result of going over several people and no one was aware until release.
The DCEU? Not really no sadly

I have been waiting for Man of Steel 2 since 2013 and I am prepared to fight Sup Forums, Warner Bros and the universe just to see Snyder direct it.

I personally never loose faith. Mainly because I've found most DC films enjoyable so even if I don't get exactly what I want at least I know that the wait won't be as terrible as Sup Forums makes it out to be.

Get ready for Batman gets the top billing again: Superman

Do you hate Superman?

Who is going to be behind the helm though?

Oh my god, let his be real

I can't believe they will keep doing this

I loved Man of Steel but it's time to let Snyder go. The darker tone was fitting for an origin story, and even in BvS some hints of growth can be seen in superman, but if the next movie still has so much eligious imagery and a brooding superman then it would be a big fuckup.

At this point I'm willing to believe WB is involved in some sort of Producers scam

>Johns is going to save Superman

neat.jpg

JUST LET IT DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WB executives are secretly Sup Forums shitposters that keep intentionally fucking up the DCEU in order to never run out of content.

HOW??? YOU TOLD ME BVS FLOPPED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE 9 BILLIONS THEY NEEDED!!!

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING THE MOUSE IS IN CHARGE HERE

They must have realized that Man of Steel was their highest rated movie. That's pretty sad.

What even is a Superman?

Not really.

WB really don't have a clue and it shows. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Affleck Batman movie but that's because I doubt Affleck will let the higher ups chop up his movie into an incoherent piece of trash.

Worst case scenario is that Man of Steel 2 is a good Superman movie that flops anyway because the entire DCEU is a poisoned well for the average moviegoer.

Then they can go "See? We did Superman 'right' and people still hate it!"

Idea, ideal, who we wish to be.
Yadda yadda yadda, Morrisonwank.

People who pushing the "Let the DCEU crash and burn so that we can't get something better later" meme don't seem to realize the damage that could do to DC's popularity for decades to come.

>Lex is shit
>Cant use Parasite or Bizarro
About the best we can hope for is Metallo or Livewire. Actually scratch that, WB wont allow a woman getting hit

Please let Geoff be the screenwriter. PLEASE.

Nothing can be more damaging than more DCEU movies, Batman and Superman are forever, burn it down and try again.

He's a charismatic EMT for the entire world that you want to have a beer with.

I doubt Affleck has as much influence as people would like to believe.

>EMT

Emergency Medical Technician?

I just don't see how they can make the character work in this universe.

I've never heard a reasonable explanation for how he's suddenly going to feel more attached to humanity or get treated less like an unknowable god after literally returning from the dead. His social skills are still non-existent, and there's too much bad history surrounding him now.

The only way that things can work is if Johns goes full multiverse or flashpoints us out of here.

>Thinking Johns has anything to do with this

BRAINIAC???

He died and came back now is the perfect time to blow off a little of the darkness and go full All Star Superman. Don't fuck it up WB.

>Giving up hope on Superman
>Ever

They have already ruined the character so thoroughly and used up all his iconic storylines. Nothing left just let him go

I can already see the tears flowing like bittersweet rivers of Shuster Bay.

Yes.
I kind of think of Batman as the cop whereas Superman is a firefighter or an EMT. Ideally he's less about punishing or catching the guilty as he is about saving the innocent from big things they can't handle on their own, because he's got the powers to like how a firefighter or an EMT has specialized training.

Giving up on Warner Bros. is incredibly easy.

PLEASE make it a GOOD superman movie

God yes
Oh please let someone else direct this. That's not so much to ask for

I'll believe it when I see it

>the only Superman stories are his origin, punching Phantom Zone villains, and his death and rebirth
Are you an idiot?

nobody will think they did it right if it doesn't make money.
Keep Snyder away from this give it to george miller or mark millar

I really hope they bring in Jimmy.
Either ignore the CIA guy or write it off as a coincidence.

Casually killing off Jimmy Olsen is one of the most Anti-Superman things you could do.

Of course. MoS is the best movie of the three so far.

Joss Whedom

>I've never heard a reasonable explanation for how he's suddenly going to feel more attached to humanity or get treated less like an unknowable god after literally returning from the dead. His social skills are still non-existent, and there's too much bad history surrounding him now.

Please, you don't know what your words might bring. They may be listening. They may decide to fix all your issues by adapting fucking Grounded.

How are you even supposed to write Superman?

This will be after BvS right?

Unless they make a quippy Supes movie WB can fuck off

>Either ignore the CIA guy or write it off as a coincidence.

4u

Or Jimmy Olsen was simply a cover alias for that CIA agent based on a real person.
Its super easy to retcon it

You don't, he has had a story for years you just have to adapt it without putting 3 stories into one

I hope they don't fuck it up this time.

What about Wonder Woman?

MoS was amazing so yeah plenty of hope

Ultimate power that is not abused.

Nope, he's one who'll direct X-Men with young muggas.
We can always kill Beast for TWEEST.

Let them. I've already checked out. I can't even say they're 0/3 because that would require watching Suicide Squad and I don't want to.

True

But incredibly sad.

The CW is going to show them how it's done.

>entire franchise is a poisoned
x-men bounced back, sort of.

This. The only people not excited for this are the shills who were too brain-dead to understand the philosophical depth and nuance of the original Man of Steel.

>His death was a Kryptonite-poisoning induced hallucination

t. manlet of steel

lol

at this point the only logical standpoint is to be pessimistic

we can still hope though, I guess

>He had a lot of loyalty for a hired pilot
I'm dying

you know whats pisses me off more than anything? There isnt going to be a "death of superman" movie that follows the storyline. Hell superman dying in BvS was ok. I just want to see superman have to deal with the other mock supermen show up. Really I want to see Steel,the eradicator and cyborg superman on screen but NOOOOO, superman has to come back for justice league because DC doesnt know how to structure its movie releases and had to "try" to catch up with marvel and have their "avengers" film.

She's a teacher. All about bringing people together and sharing ideas and imparting wisdom, but not above discipline if you start getting disruptive.

And they're all friends that go out for dinner once a week after work.

The only good thing about it is Katana's costume.

I've lost interest in these shows, but I do still hope this means WB is gonna ease off on not letting them use movie characters.

jesus christ

Why do you hate manlets so much? I seen many that are very strong, very handsome and very charming people. My boyfriend is a manlet, but he can definitely make me happy.

Why should you be angry about his height if he is still a better person than you?

Well he never was established as Jimmy in the actual movie so they can bring him in any time.

>Man of DYEL
He can't play characters without beards

I like your ideas user. Have you considered writing a book?

Its either going to be Metallo or Atomic Skull. Those are literally our only options right now

>don't seem to realize the damage that could do to DC's popularity for decades to come.
First of all money aside the DCEU doesn't seem exactly to be doing anyone's PR any favors.
Secondly there were the first couple of Batman and Superman movies, then came Nolanverse and Returns, then comes DCEU. If they can reboot things before with little consequence there's no reason they can't now and again.

Fox and WB trying to play catch up has only caused more trouble than anything. Especially Fox, First Class was a perfect reset and refocus but then they got too ambitious brought back Singer and it all snowballed from there.

A miserable pile of broken necks and discarded man shorts.

I'm pretty sure that the last abortion killed it again. It was incredible shitty.

Suicide squad was fun and I watched it after spoiling it for myself.

Yeah I gotta be honest I have never liked Katana's costume. It's just so fucking lazy that they go "How can we make sure people know she's Japanese? Stick a flag on her face!"

I mean fuck at least make it a Noh mask or something.

And its better that they continue to make clowns out of themselves putting out cringey garbage every few years to keep this limping abomination alive?

There's no winning either way, but there's at least some dignity in the first option.

Snyder isn't in power anymore. This is Geoff Johns country now.

Parasite. Bizarro.

Im just fucking tired of X Men movies. Every time they end its like "next time we'll have the team you wanted" and nothing seems to progress

Why is super girl not mentioned in the movies?

Has Geoff ever really been a good Superman writer?

>So Johns has basically had enough of WBs fuckups now right?

Johns is part of that fucks ups, he is the WB executives tool. Why do people keep insisting Johns is a good thing when he has been in the pocket of the suits for almost a decade? He is the guy that put cyborg on the league.

No matter how good it is, Amy Adams and Jesse Eisenberg will be there to hold it back.

Doomsday kind of killed that user
>Another Kryptonian clone
>Doomsday absorbs energy
I hate to say it, because I really wanted Parasite, but we're fucked

I don't, here I was hoping they would salvage Man of Steel with BvS but that was clearly not the the case.

Ironically, BvS made things a whole lot worse.

they released a whole slate of movies through 2020, with no sign of a superman sequel in development.

few weeks after johns is head of dc films, a superman sequel is suddenly in active development.

but its probably just coincidence, right? retard.

fuck X-men and DC

>let

The guy put himself as a writer of a batman and wonder woman movies, 2 character he doesnt even like.

She was in a stupid tie-in comic and that's it.
She effectively doesn't live in this universe.

The entire superhuman community is going to be the handful of Justice League members.

Personally I'd like to see Toyman so we have an excuse to get more Daily Planet/Clark investigating things and giant mechs.

This is why all her villains are shit?

>There isnt going to be a "death of superman" movie that follows the storyline.
Good. I'm glad they got that out of the way early. It really makes more sense that Death of Superman happen now because once the Justice League is formed, there would be no reason to exclude them from joining the fight against Doomsday.