ITT: Recent movies that proved to be too patrician for mainstream audiences

ITT: Recent movies that proved to be too patrician for mainstream audiences

So are you going to give us an example?

>introduce an asylum/home where there's something really really special about the water
>wait two hours before, OH GOD SHOCKING REVEAL THE WATER IS BAD!!
>its now a mad monster scientist movie

the main character was incomprehensibly stupid for so long that some sort of twist was basically demanded. But then everything just follows the most obvious and readily apparent trajectory without any sort of meaningful deviation.

this was utter trash
>Dane "actually 31 but I look 19" "box-office bomber" DeHaan
>Mia "Married to Shia Labeouf" Goth
>try to allude to Thomas Mann's Magic Mountain when nowhere near as good
this was a shitty thriller that was just extremely overproduced
the face shit and the shovel stuff is laughable
desu I'll definitely buy it on bluray though it was a gorgeous movie

> literally spoiling the 3 hours movie ending in the first 10 minutes

wut. From the very first scene at the home, we see him down a glass of water while the camera lingers on the antagonists reaction. We also know the little vials are the "cure" for whatever is in the water. That was not the twist at all.

BTW, this movie sucked and had a whole lot of build up for nothing.

That's what i'm saying, it was completely obvious but was clearly set up as a twist or intended to be remotely shocking

just because they telegraphed too hard doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be shocking.

The ending of this movie really ruined it for me. It felt kinda rushed and like they didn't have any clear idea of how to end it.

it just wouldn't end
there's like 4 different 3rd acts
it's like they were never satisfied in how to end it and forgot to take the previous scenes out

Pleb

Fight me.

I didn't mind it. I wouldn't say I liked it that much, but I enjoyed it. For all its shortcomings, it felt like they actually tried with the movie, they actually cared and put effort into making it. Which sure as shit is more that can be said for most thriller or horror movies these days.

Definitely had some valid (I think) gripes about the movie, but I can't really complain.

Why would I want to fight a disabled person?

>he can't into narrative structures with more than three acts

I don't think "patrician" is the word you're looking for. Maybe "shitty"?

so you'd actually have a chance at winning for once

>when you like all the ideas in a movie but it does nothing creative or interesting with them and just slogs along for three hours before ending.

I'm just happy it wasn't all a dream.

If this board can let The Neon Demon coast by on visuals alone you should all love this.

The Circle

>tfw can't understand the hate for this

Maybe tonally, or if people felt gypped at the main fight being short, but I enjoyed it a lot. With no other move have I felt as baffled, as to why most people hate it and think it's total trash, compared with my own feelings towards it.

it could've been good but everything was just executed so poorly

None of the females were hot enough for that.

the end was shit
omg it a bandage
hes a fucking cyboid looking cunt
nah ur alright
did quite like the rapey bit tho

I also unironically loved this film. What a ride, the most fun I've had with a film in recent time. These types of spectacular schlock movies just don't get made anymore.

>can't let this blow back on the natives

It deserved getting boo'd at Cannes. There were some great ideas in the story but its as though the director was straight out of film, mainly because of the cheesy tropes and amateurish camera work

>>Dane "actually 31 but I look 19"
Holy fuck it's true JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

HE'S ALSO 5'6

Mia Goth is pretty cute in her weird eyebrowless way desu

Why would I? You're right

>buying it still

I would be happy to inbreed with her were she my daughter of incest, but I'm a massive pervert.

Literally 1/10 garbage

was effay as fuck but the script just wasnt really good enough imo

The incest just makes it better.

You're absolutely right.

no he isn't

Armond White couldn't understand because he's homo. It was as if he reviewed another film altogether, he did not understand it at all.

Someone should make a "X Will Never Understand Core" list for homosexuals. Add this to it.

I want to fuck an eel.

I was searching for this.

If the MCU hadn't damaged people's brains this film would be much better liked.

>too patrician

It's just way too long and too obvious for that lenght