Any good war movies that aren't just DUDE WAR IS HELL LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnXp_cQQI1M
youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48
youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E-YoY60BRsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

War's just a bucket of pussies

as opposed to a feel-good war movie. Or Slapstick comedy?

youtube.com/watch?v=YnXp_cQQI1M

Jarhead was an interesting take on it. Basically about the "wars we don't fight"

Capitaine Conan
Has WAR ID HELL XDDD but also how some solider love war and after it ends people who were heroes whither away
Also great combat scenes

This one is good

So what, a comedy war movie?

Hot Shots Part Deux?

As a vet of both Iraq and Afghanistan, war fucken rocks.

Starship Troopers

Most war movies made before Saving Private Reddit.

Johnny Got His Gun

But dude, war is hell.

>aren't just DUDE WAR IS HELL LMAO
youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48

It's pretty damned hard to make anything else out of the worst of human condition, unless you want the other end of war propaganda.

Lawrence of Arabia

Pure nightmarekino

The Great Escape.

there need to be MORE movies that are dude war is hell lmao, there should be straight up horror movies about WWI with all the chemical weapons and fucked up injuries

Dunkirk

Its actually a good film.

WWI had the second best aesthetics of any war, with Vietnam being the first.

I like both Band of Brothers and the Pacific. Miniseries, not movies, but awesome

>not the comfy western Europe towns that form the backdrop of WW2

It's actually not
You are easily entertained.

You want movies that glorify it or something? Be specific faggot.

Yeah war is very nice

Dunkirk but unironically

WW2 is aesthetically the greatest war of all time.

Kelly's Heroes

youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ

Band of brother serie

it actually is, i'm sorry you're retarded.

>WW2
>Not the plebeian dumbed down sequel to WW1 with a shitty racism angle thrown in for oscar bait

Das Boot.

>not the second congo war

Nolan drone spotted

>le war is good hehe xD

go watch some capeshit or game of thrones kid

The Longest Day

A Bridge Too Far

etc

Lol, I guess your opinions are better then his. What's wrong with dunkirk?

whats wrong? nolan, haha, that's wrong

Good answer

Bad character exposition, recycled footage, Hans Zimmer, non-stop tick tock, incoherent plot structure, inconsistent tension, forced melodrama, emotionally manipulative ending.

>Look at all these fancy review tropes I can fit into a sentence. I know movies m I right?

I know much more than you, embryo

Poor HMS Barham ;__;

Also I can never watch this video the whole way through. The music terrifies me especially the slaughtered cow noises.

How about a movie where war is portrayed as a positive thing? You know, a means to turn boys into men, a necessary, glorious struggle to overcome an evil that threatens mankind? I'm really sick of numale storytellers and their "there are no winners in war" attitude.

We Were Soldiers is MELKINO

Waltz With Bashir. Its not about gay ass american wars and is full of kino shots

Stripes

Sounds like you could go for In the Army Now starring Polly Shore.

How stupid do you have to be to slip and fall into barbed wire?

These are good answers

Zulu is pretty good. Some people die, but it's a heroic story.

Jarhead is literally war is meaningless n shit garbage.

Great soundtrack too

Oh What a Lovely War

>being this contrarian

>no one has mentioned Bridge on the River Kwai

Shit film

Why doesn't the officer just work

Go fucking enlist already, faggot. Do the world a favor and die early.

>all these nu-males who can only understand the "all war is hell, peace xD" bullshit
Grow a pair and read the Illiad or kill yourselves.

Good film

Sounds like shit, man

It's a bit light hearted for a war film but I personally enjoyed Memphis Belle.

War isn't call of duty you underage shit.

>le i'm a cuckold and a weak pussy because i'm an intellectual, gold gladly accepted! read all these 20th century french and jewish leftists to understand that all smart people are limp-wristed faggots. masculinity? eww, lol

plus one and an upboat for you, sir

I hate this fucking board.

Enlightened left-wingers spotted! Up-boated x9000. War is hell, we should all just smoke weed and jerk off xD

The Dirty Dozen

A criminally underrated war film is the Big Red one. 1st, you must watched the reconstructed version or don't bother.
Its written and directed by Samuel Fuller, who fought in WWII and it is heavily based in his experiences.
It follows a sergeant played by Lee Marvin who was a WWI vet and his squad who he is trying to get through WWII now. Mark Hamill plays one of soldiers, this was during the star wars years. They go from Africa to Sicily to Italy to Normandy and more.
100% pure, unadulterated war kino.

Inglourious Basterds

Best film about the attack on Pearl Harbor

>a necessary, glorious struggle to overcome an evil that threatens mankind?
i thought this shitty attitude died with WWI?
hint: wars haven't been fought over ideology since WWII, now they're fought to make a better war economy
even then, WWII should have never happened. hitler and stalin should've never risen to power

Not war but archer has this type of attitude
Big action conflicts are treated as trivial and joked about constantly

War Dogs and Lord of War

>You know, a means to turn boys into meat

Fixed that for you. I'd urge you to enlist but in my experience the "I can't wait to go on a grand adventure" crowd rarely makes it out of basic training.

Pretending to be a retard still makes you a retard.

>Grow a pair and read the Illiad
yeah dude, I'm sure a bunch of faggots who only sparred in the summer and ran away when they suffered 1% casualties are a good reference to people being bombed by the hundreds of thousands. Kill yourself you child

um war IS hell. How is it possible to have a happy war movie.

That is a war is hell movie, did you even watch the ending?

Khartoum

You fell for propaganda

Why haven't you enlisted yet?

Star Wars made war look pretty fucking fun. Matter of fact, any of the new Marvel flicks too. That seems about your level.

War is Hell>Antiwar>Prowar

>it's a 15 year old browses Sup Forums for two weeks and suddenly thinks he's right 100% of the time because he had his clinical retardation affirmed by a bunch of shitposters he took completely seriously

>>episode

>tfw comfy yugoslav partisan adventure films will never reach a wider audience

>Flight of the Intruder
idk, a bit boring at parts, but it's pretty much "fuck Vietnam, we're bombing it" and I love that because that's exactly what they did IRL....to mixed effect. Danny Glover is in this and plays a pretty convincing blood n' guts type. This is really an odd movie, it's like "lets make top-gun...only the jet isn't sexy and the story is absolutely not sexy either."

>Midway
it's literally just the story of the battle of Midway. aka Japan shits the bed. some kinda subplot in there about an admirals son or something...been a long time since I've seen it but I recall it being p. good. got some of that good ol' stock footage in it. The movie looks and feels like something from the early 60s but it's literally only a year older than Star Wars. does the tora tora tora thing where it shows a lot of things from the japs perspective which is cool.

>Memphis Belle
I love this flick honestly. The B-17 a near aesthetically perfect aircraft and it's cool just getting to see all the interior and close-in shots. they did a great job and I think it's a very underrated movie. I think everyone is great in it and nobody on the crew even dies. incredibly rare for a war flick.

the irony here is that The 8th Air Force at this point in the war had one of the highest attrition rates for men and material ever sustained by an allied force...I mean there was literally a time they called off all day-time bombing raids because they were too costly.

>Hell is for Heroes
this is a fucking great black and white war flick with a young stoic Steve McQeen.
It might be arguable that this doesn't work for the criteria, but it's like a seamless blend of corny old war-time serials and a more modern understanding of he horror of war. If anything Reese (McQeen's character) kind of embodies this, he's the Capt. Spears type, war is his thing, while the majority of the men are just kind of there to do a job and get the fuck out.

All Quiet on the Western Front :^)

>dude le innocent crying children waaahh
>dude le ol wypipo know nuttin!
>dude le modernity and materialism
>dude being a weak effeminate left-winger makes me mature!

Check out deathwatch

Patton

Hogans Heroes

>war is hell
The most terrifying thing about war is its banality. If war really was hell we wouldn't see nearly as many being fought.

>a conflict so destructive that by the end all white people pretty much agreed to stop killing each other forever, i.e. pretty much the most epic thing humans have ever taken part in
>less interesting than a bunch of monarchs throwing their people into like 2 or 3 big meatgrinders for a couple years and then not even working out any of their issues because they were all being deposed by the end
I get the fatigue with WW2 movies, they get formulaic but there's tons of stuff to mine that hasn't been done, or at least done well, yet. WW1 is literally just a bunch of trenches and some shitty dogfights.

tuntematon sotilas 1955

youtube.com/watch?v=E-YoY60BRsc

Go watch war films from the 40s and 50s user. That's literally just as boring as "war is bad guise why r humans so evil"

oh I'm laffin, it was a delusional lbgdrone the whole time, better go watch personal shopper I'm sure you will like it ;)