Apart from its popularity, why else does Sup Forums hate this?

Apart from its popularity, why else does Sup Forums hate this?

i dont hate this show at all its the best adult cartoon aside from south park on tv right now.

>adult
>cartoon
kek

Because Sup Forums is always contrarian. It isn't a bad thing. I have a feeling this show beyond it's initial popularity surge, and if it lasts long enough, will be a split opinion for a long time. It's genuinely funny most of the time, so it's hard to take a position against it without looking like a sperg even tho that's the primary audience, spergs.

Its not funny.

baffling post

Contrarian neckbeards have to hate it

It's funny.

This. Shit is lame. I have to humor enough self proclaimed comedians at the workplace and in my personal life everything single day, why would I do it with a show as well?

Because they said god doesn't real and that hurt my feelings and that's not fair

Simply because they want the life of the writter, the dude looks like the average Sup Forums poster except he has money and is doing what he loves.

The only hate it because it reminds them that they dont have an animated show filled with their autistic thoughts.

has it's moments

all the dan harmon meta comedy really fucking blows though gotta say

fanbase is a valid reason to hate the material

You must be fun at parties.

people here think I have to like it and find it funny because they do

I'll be completely honest. I'm not the biggest fan, but that doesn't mean it sucks. I forced myself to watch the first season to give it a fair chance, it was hit or miss, I liked maybe three episodes.

It is just random for the sake of being random, and not in a good way like ATHF, but still coming off as a mix between liberal and anarcho-libertarian while still being preachy and acting better than those that didn't agree with it.

It has good shock value, and covered things like the multiverse theory well, but came off as too up its own ass. I expected ATHF or old Futurama and I got new Futurama (seasons 6-7) with a streak of snobbish elitism and LOL random!

They're simply getting old. It's a good show.

Nihilism is stupid and Rick needs to sort himself out. Science is not the solution for everything and isn't a replacement for God or religion, no matter how much you want it to be.

No its not.

why do you hate My Little Pony?

Don't overthink it, it's just because is popular and enjoyable.

Haterbase is valid reason to love the material then

yeah this has to be it, can't be that people have different opinions. upvoted

I like it but the new season seems to be self-aware so I'm not sure if I'll continue to like it.

I've never heard anyone say they hate it because it's popular, rather only have I heard that attributed by butthurt fans.

>Nihilism is stupid
Nihilists will be devastated that you don't approve

>self-aware
how?

Yes Jordan wants to save all you lost little sheep that's all just gather round and listen to his tales.

not him but because it is a mediocre show not aimed at my demographic. It's foster's home but with ponies. I'm too old for that shit, plus even when I was just old enough for foster's, it fell pretty flat a lot of the time.

>M..morty *burp* come..come closer I need to tell you *urp* something
>G..god doesn't exist Morty. WUBALUBADUBDUB!

why do I get the impression these jordan peterson parrots are the most unsorted of all?

Seriously you people strike me as the types to read a bunch of self help books without actually applying any of the advice

The show shit on God so the local religious nuts hate it. If its liked by plebit the fucks her hate it.

The previews are all "wow so wacky and crazy, even wackier and crazier than the past two seasons!" The April Fool's episode was really up its own ass too with the whole Szechuan thing and the inception machine thing.

I don't care that you don't like the show but your post makes me think you literally don't get the jokes.

It's a good thing you used your imagination to dismantle him.

post things you find funny

sounds like Rick and Morty
it is a mediocre show not aimed at my demographic. It's futurama but with nihilism. I'm too old for that shit, plus even when I was just old enough for futurama, it fell pretty flat a lot of the time.

I know nihilism seems like an enticing shield from the harsh realities of the world, but it will leave you empty and depressed.

that sounds like the opposite of self-aware

it's a good thing you're here to do a surface level analysis of my post.

Was there more to it, or are you replying because I hit bone when skimming the surface?

The fanbase is the worst type of people. The types who would never so much as glance at a book or even an article about something scientific but think because they repeat something Rick says they're intelligent.

The fans and people like you who need to ask nonstop.

if you're 16-35, it IS aimed at you
I'd say it's pretty different from futurama. The humor is much darker, the show is more self referential, it utilizes absurdism much more often and to a greater extent. And personally I don't think futurama fell flat most of the time at all. I think an overwhelming majority of the time it was slightly above average.

This clever turn-around nonsense is a waste and you can simply say "it's not for me". The equivalence is too false between these two pairs of shows.

I'm pretty sure people who feel this way aren't fun-seekers.

Futurama required you to rub a few braincells together to get the jokes.

I don't. I just don't watch it because it is a cartoon about ponies.

>"did I strike a nerve" response
you're fucking boring dude

What's there to get? That is literally the content of the show.

Just working with what you give me. Maybe you should try imagining what kind of person I am, that would really do me in.

This
Baffling post
Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they have ulterior motives
No it's not
Not who you're responding to but just know that I hate you. Your post is the most autisti, retarded, cowardly response in this whole thread. Do you think you're fun at parties because you like some gay ass manchild show? I love seeing this response because the people who write it genuinely think it's a zinger. Kill yourself.
Not who you're responding to but: step brothers, the ridiculous six, moms (thanks computer MDE collab), Xavier renegade angel, three stooges, I love Lucy, arrested development

Fanbase isn't a valid reason to hate it, but it's certainly a good reason to stop liking it.

>tries to use big words to sound smart
>"too false"
kek
futurama was just as self referential, dark, and absurdist you retard. rick and morty isn't that different at all, other then it's cliche cartoon family that was ripped of the simpsons instead.

Well to be totally honest I thought the show was going to be a satire of nihilism with Rick ultimately realizing the futilities of postmoernism (especially since the show makes fun of his atheism), but then I read some of Dan Harmon's tumblr and realized it probably isn't going there.
The show has some funny parts, I enjoyed watching at least half of the episodes, and I'll probably watch season 3. Some of the humor is a bit too Sup Forums-tier randumb for me, and I guess being exposed to so much of it when I was 12-15 turned me off from it now as someone in their 20's. The catch phrases and belching is just tiresome.

But I swear to god there are people who try to reference it too much and then have to ask, "DID YOU GET THE RICK AND MORTY REFERENCE?" if you don't say anything.

I would but I'm afraid I'd strike a nerve.

The target audience is the people who are on facebook subscribed to "I Fucking Love Science" who have never spent a day on Sup Forums in their life, so the humor style is new to them. It's not just an age demographic, albeit 4channers are a rather small subset of that demographic.

I don't find the jokes complicated but I guess they're too much for some people to grasp, that's okay. There's always Batman vs Superman.

More of that sweet, sweet imagination? Classic.

i dont hate it, i love it. it perfectly encapsulates the appallingly empty headed shit tier philosophy followed by so many people in the modern world. namely:

>my life is meaningless therefore life itself is meaningless
>despite this scientific advancement is still meaningful for some reason
>ethics are a joke lmao just do whatever feels good XD
>as long as you dont hurt anyone or anything because apparently ethics do exist, but only when they dont conflict with my current empty hedonistic lifestyle
>i am a lot smarter than you are because i spend all of my time on the internet
>my social sciene degree makes me a lot more useful to society than someone who actually performs a useful function in society, like a plumber or an electrician
>you must conform to my narrowly defined left wing view of the world and if you dont you are a close minded bigot
and so on and so forth

plot,art,fanbase, the endless shilling at least venture bros and others have there fans contained unlike r and m

>why do I get the impression these jordan peterson parrots are the most unsorted of all?
Probably because his target audience are disgruntled men on Sup Forums who are fapping to traps and blogposting about tfw no gf on /fit/. I actually haven't read any of his selfhelp stuff, I find his (or I guess I should say, Carl Jung's) take on the evolution of religion and his philosophy interesting.
>Seriously you people strike me as the types to read a bunch of self help books without actually applying any of the advice
Well that's because it's easier to bitch and moan about your situation in life than to take responsibility and do something about it.

>But I swear to god there are people who try to reference it too much and then have to ask, "DID YOU GET THE RICK AND MORTY REFERENCE?" if you don't say anything.
I've had this happen to me too

ayy lmao JP critics always go after the listeners and not his arguments. you know you're hitting the mark when they go after the audience and your funding.

weird how this one has no replies... really makes you think

Yeah, it happened to me last night. I actually didn't get the reference because I haven't religiously memorized the dialogue, but two other guys at least claimed to have recognized it once he asked us if we got the reference.

it's because it was a quality, non-bait post that people who are for or against the show can both respect.

You gotta be controversial if you want them (You)s

>rick is a nihilist
Morty is a nihilist and is constantly portrayed as a weak, annoying faggot for doing so. Rick is an egoist and is portrayed as being super cool in everything he does. The show isn't THAT bad.

Rick is a fucking alcoholic.

Rick and Morty is post-nihilism. Nihilism puts more effort into what it does than anyone puts into Rick and Morty.

He's an alcoholic because he wants to be, hence he is an egoist.

>Science is not the solution for everything and isn't a replacement for God or religion
You realize that I'm reading your thoughts across the world using light and glass? Religion and God are cute, but don't really have anything to do with science. Science isn't a "replacement", it's separate from theism.

>an enticing shield from the harsh realities of the world, but it will leave you empty and depressed.
The same can be said about the blind, willful ignorance of religion or the pointless hedonism of drugs and alcohol.

The truth is both characters are unique so labeling them "Egoist" or "Nihilist" would be utterly stupid.

The show creators made a fucked up cartoon doc brown and marty, and went from there. Reading any more into it is grade A mouthbreathing autism. At least it actually tries unlike most other "Adult" cartoons.

Pretty much this.

>analyzing a cartoon character's motivation for abusing alcohol
We're really doing this?

Alcoholism is a medical condition marked by chemical imbalances in the brain. Rick is a hypocritical drug addict if he knows what alcohol does to his brain or just a drug addict if he doesn't.

He's an addict who uses the excuse of "nothing matters" nihilism and his exceptionally jaded outlook to excuse his addiction.

His motives aren't really that deep.

Or maybe it's just not funny

You don't have to be insecure or have an ulterior motive to not like something, fag

>You realize that I'm reading your thoughts across the world using light and glass? Religion and God are cute, but don't really have anything to do with science. Science isn't a "replacement", it's separate from theism.

You're basically restating what I said, so no argument there. I just get annoyed by the people who treat scientists like they're modern day prophets. Scientists are allowed to be fallible; we don't get everything right the first time around.

"I can quit anytime"

>He's an addict who uses the excuse of "nothing matters" nihilism and his exceptionally jaded outlook to excuse his addiction.
>His motives aren't really that deep.
Your knowledge of the show isn't either

Too many pop culture references which is an indication of lazy writing. The fact the fandom doesn't notice this makes me realize the fan base isn't the brightest.

Its family values the show no matter what quips rick comes up with.

The voices are annoying and it's not entertaining in any way.

Thanks to the magic of the internet, the creators of shows like these that attract controversy for subject matter can't pretend they didn't hear any buzz about something particularly buzzworthy. Regardless of how it started, at some point they were running everything by lawyers and making judgments that boil down to the ethics of what they're putting considerable effort into creating.

Infuriatingly, cartoons are absolutely a topic of philosophical importance in this wonderful day and age.

>You realize that I'm reading your thoughts across the world using light and glass? Religion and God are cute, but don't really have anything to do with science. Science isn't a "replacement", it's separate from theism.
HIGHSCHOOL IS OUT, OH FUCK WE GOT AN INTELLECTUAL ON OUR HANDS.

Ulysses is lazy writing?

I dont know what adult cartoons you watch, but most people watch Family guy, Simpsons and other Seth McFarland abortions. "Philosophically important" lmao

Post one funny clip from the show. Just one but make sure it's good. I bet you can't do it though.

>Post literally any clip
>"That wasn't funny."
Like clockwerk

Many are more social commentary than pop culture references. They don't randomly shout out brand names or anything like that.

he's being sarcastic

So no clip then? I knew I was right.

>POO POO PEE PEE GET SCHWIFTY SEZCHUAN MULAN SAUCE GOD DOESNT EXIST MORTY *BURP* *VOMITS* *DRINKS LIQUOR* *DRINKS VOMIT* DUDE BACK TO THE FUTURE LMAO XDDD
Its only for intellectual mature people such as myself.

You do realize that writing essay-like memos about the ethics of cartoons is how people become executives at cartoon studios making six figures and deciding the career fates of dozens of underlings, right?

It just wasn't funny. The fan base being obnoxious about it certainly doesn't help though.

>Le Szechuan sauce epic maymay
Right... really makes you think..

>They don't randomly shout out brand names
they do. Chezhuan souce for example

>post a clip of this show so I can say it isn't funny and if you don't then it isn't funny
That's just stupid user

Aw look, the redditor thinks he's going to be a hot shot at Cartoon Network.
Underage faggot detected,

>Religion and God are cute, but don't really have anything to do with science. Science isn't a "replacement", it's separate from theism.
Positivists disagree

>atheists feels superior because of rick and morty
>atheists are just lazy contrarians who haven't followed the path of science that's leads to the logical conclusion that god exists
>no atheist i have ever met has any idea what quantum entanglement or string theory is

how does it feel to be a tier lower than creationists?

t.agnostic