ITT: Films that Americans could never understand

ITT: Films that Americans could never understand

>the raw patriotism of citizens leaving the UK on their fishing vessels and pleasure boats to enter hell, all in order to bring soldiers home with the enemy breathing down their neck because it's a job that needs doing

>the talent and commitment of the RAF's pilots, using literally everything they have to overcome Hitler's Luftwaffe in the air

>The brotherhood, forged in blood between the allied forces and bravery of the french soldiers holding off Hitler's advancing army long enough for the British to load onto boats

>The respect shown to the brave boys who live to fight another day, veterans telling them surviving is enough

>The spirit of the British, facing innumerable odds and an overwhelming military defeat, but vowing to fight again and win

Americans simply cannot comprehend what real patriotism is

Not understand?
You limey twat, Americans make the movies. We made Duncuck.
American studios, American companies. Fucking idiot.

>Americans take an honest story of brotherhood, bravery and sacrifice and turn it into a money maker

sounds about right, wouldn't know respect if it hit you on the head

Then make your own films? Oh wait lol.

>a movie about a mistake on Hitlers part

Literally why was this movie made? Oh propaganda purposes I see.

As far as bait goes, this thread's pretty good, tbqhfamalam

we don't have to make up glorified stories for patriotism, we learn from our ancestors, the real life stories of struggle and sacrifice

Yanks wouldn't know anything about that, too busy ingesting aspartame as you're fed masturbatory propaganda #553426

'ooh rah'

Propaganda of what? The war ended over 70 years ago.
Based soviets cucked the nazis.

>muh spirit
>muh brotherhood
If it wasn't for the pocket of French resistance that literally held back the entirety of the German forcfes even though they were outnumbered 20:1, that 'brotherhood' you speak off would have been jellied all over Dunkirk beach for seagulls to feast on.

>The brotherhood, forged in blood between the allied forces and bravery of the french soldiers holding off Hitler's advancing army long enough for the British to load onto boats

typical Yank, wouldn't know what a true ally looks like
read my post again and you'll clearly see that I said it was the brotherhood of the french and the British that allowed the British to board the boats as our french friends held them off as the ultimate sacrifice
unfortunately the film didn't have a narrator explaining all this to you, I think they should add that to the American release

haha OP the faggot

>movie about cowards not wanting to fight
>feminist civilians shaming them back to their deaths
>British patriotism

Sounds about right.

>we don't have to make up glorified stories for patriotism
>posts a movie based on a true story
You could've posted Fury or The Hurt Locker if you wanted to troll, but instead you played yourself.
Unless your idea of trolling is baiting.

>the raw patriotism of citizens leaving the UK on their fishing vessels and pleasure boats to enter hell
This literally never happened. The movie is based on a lie. Don't believe me? Go look it up.

>based on a true story
>based
lmao, typical Yank believing everything he's spoonfed to him, dear oh dear. Not to mention the character its based on is a confirmed liar
>durr yeah dude I was hired to execute people in Haiti

>movie about cowards not wanting to fight
more like
>movie about soldiers following orders to come back to Britain and get ready to be sent back into hell and repel Hitler's forces across Europe, winning the war

I have family involved in Dunkirk sweetie so try harder next time :) x

Could such a thing occur in today's divided Britain? I don't honestly know, look at all the brown people kicking off about the tower making everything about race, they see themselves as their own culture before British. We have lost that spirit.

>I have family involved in Dunkirk sweetie
>sweetie

Woman confirmed.

>live in duinkerke
>all these fucken foreners invading muh city
gb2normandy pls

>go look it up

What? To do a fast wikipedia search?
And let's say it even is fiction (which is absurd), we are talking about the patriotism portrayed in the film itself, the kind of raw sincere patriotism you never see in an american film.

>British patriotism
>old fishermen who have no place in war gutting their boats and making the trip across the English channel into hell in order to bring soldiers back to live and fight another day

>American patriotism
>waving a plastic flag as 5 jets fly over an American football game

You're right, Americans don't understand losing.

All could've been avoided if you limes didn't declare war on them in the first place.

lost to a bunch of farmers with ak47s though

>what is Vietnam

it's ok that there is more than one culture in the world

how does it make brits feel that throughout history they've been raped by quite literally EVERYONE around them

oh fuck

I've read about this shit for decades. I know these stories better than your dumb limey ass.

Losing a culture war =/= losing a war

>lost the war of 1812
>claim it's a victory
>lost Vietnam
>claim it's a draw
Wow, they really don't.

>Perhaps the most interesting chapter of the Dunkirk affair is Harman's revelation of the manipulatin of the press back home. Only after most British troops had returned did the War Office allow the news of the evacuation to leak out to the British public. Also, though Churchill evoked an image of a flotilla of civilian vessels braving the Luftwaffe and German guns to arouse the British people, in fact less than 10 percent of the troops were actually rescued by civilian boats and many of those were commandeered by military officers. But the patriotic myth, as Harman calls it, was born.

The story of an armada of civilian boats bringing British boys back home is largely regarded by historians as a fabricated myth designed to prop up moral.

I don't think you guys understand how much of a ticking time bomb the USA is. We will kill/nuke this entire planet if we have to. No lie, we are fucking nuts, and we have a president now that is just nutty enough to do it.

>be british
>lose battle
>celebrate
literally could not make this shit up

>by one historian looking to be edgy

if the evacuation hadn't been a success we wouldn't have had a force to fight back with so that's categorically incorrect

Dunkirk more like Cuckkirk haHA amirite boys

>Films that Americans could never understand

And yet, ruled the world

Americans are just brits Tbh
country's not even that old, I've got park benches in my town that predate them

You're posting a single source for an event that involved 400 thousand men, there sure is no shortage of witnesses.
And as I said, let's say it even is fiction (which is absurd), we are talking about the patriotism portrayed in the film itself, the kind of raw sincere patriotism you never see in an american film

Fucking hell, Americans are the worst

>the kind of raw sincere patriotism you never see in an american film

What is that, exactly?

That isn't true either though. The UK simply would have conscripted more people from the UK and its empire abroad (as it already did).

africa*

Yeah how are the muslims treating you?

>The UK simply would have conscripted more people from the UK

you think we just had reserves of people we could conscript
the idea of conscription is that every available man of fighting age and health goes to war.

>britcucks

>What is that, exactly?
did you even read the OP?

>the raw patriotism of citizens leaving the UK on their fishing vessels and pleasure boats to enter hell, all in order to bring soldiers home with the enemy breathing down their neck because it's a job that needs doing

>the talent and commitment of the RAF's pilots, using literally everything they have to overcome Hitler's Luftwaffe in the air

>The respect shown to the brave boys who live to fight another day, veterans telling them surviving is enough

>The spirit of the British, facing innumerable odds and an overwhelming military defeat, but vowing to fight again and win

>The UK simply would have conscripted more people from the UK and its empire abroad
Americans live on a different planet I swear
>oh well, no need to worry about 400,000 soldiers, we can just make more!

Britbongs super butthurt about their myth getting BTFO in this thread

Except:
1) It takes six months to a year to turn recruits into soldiers
2) You need experienced soldiers to train recruits, and most of Britain's regulars had been assigned to the BEF in France
3) It was hard enough replacing the heavy equipment (tanks and artillery) lost in France: adding 400,000 rifles to that would have made the situation worse
4) The core of the BEF being evacuated allowed Britain to defend the homeland, and it also meant there were experienced troops that could be sent to peripheral theatres like North Africa. Without the prospect of building up and striking back, a British government might have been tempted to accept a peace offer.

>400 thousand men on the beach that day, many still alive today saying what happened
>"it's a myth guys, I read it somewhere on the Internet you just got BTFO lmao"

I don't think the film makes clear both sides of the argument. The Germans were not going to decimate the British forces, however the civilians didn't know that, for all they knew they were going into disaster with no experience but did it anyway.

No one cares about the troops of Dunkirk.

>british heroes

>Munich Agreement.
>Germany started a war with permission from England.
>England wanted to destroy USSR with Germany hands.
>This backfired horribly.

Ok.

Hey everybody! an old man is talking!

>Brits claim Americans can't understand something
>Americans come in and fail to understand it
>hurr durr Britbongs BTFO
I don't understand why you like shitty-tasting chocolate, but I'm not going to hold it against you.

The British Empire literally killed millions during its reign. Perhaps Nolan should make a film about how glorious that was. But it wasn't in Europe so no one cares

But in reality hundreds of thousands of soldiers deserted.

But isn't Nolan British?

>40% white

xD

>loses to emaciated rice farmers

>American education

Thanks for mentioning us, Brit friend.
God save the Queer.

>tfw you're not an anglophone but still better at english than americans

We would just wank over a phone cam video of some guy telling the advancing Nazi forces "Your not real Nazis bruv"

>we didn't lose guys we just failed in all our military objectives
>but we killed more of them USA NUMBER 1

>The Germans were not going to decimate the British forces
>surrounding them on a beach
>an army that has just waltzed its way across Belgium and France
>tanks and air support vs troops with limited weaponry

oh yeah I'm sure the we brits would have sent them packing

>start a thread about Americans not being able to understand Dunkirk
>flood the thread and prove that they don't understand it

wow, sure showed me

>create a movie showing the ineptitude and cowardice of the britbongs under the german mercy in times of war

What did Nolan mean by this?

>go through hell
>have a cup of tea and ready to reenter, crushing the German forces

sounds about right

>Vietnam
>go through hell
>retreat
>claim a victory
>abandon veterans leaving them to piss themselves in the streets

LAND OF THE FREEEE HOME OF THE BRAAAAAAAAVE

not even american but why britfags are such fags, hitler let those men escape and that's it, there's no victory at all, moral or otherwise

>sweetie
When men talk learn to shut your mouth, whore

>When men talk learn to shut your mouth, whore

>When men talk learn to shut your mouth, whore

>the raw patriotism of having civvo ships being skippered by the navy

>>the raw patriotism of citizens leaving the UK on their fishing vessels and pleasure boats to enter hell, all in order to bring soldiers home with the enemy breathing down their neck because it's a job that needs doing
>>the talent and commitment of the RAF's pilots, using literally everything they have to overcome Hitler's Luftwaffe in the air
>>The brotherhood, forged in blood between the allied forces and bravery of the french soldiers holding off Hitler's advancing army long enough for the British to load onto boats
>>The respect shown to the brave boys who live to fight another day, veterans telling them surviving is enough
>>The spirit of the British, facing innumerable odds and an overwhelming military defeat, but vowing to fight again and win

And then merely 70 years later they all went FULL RETARD and invived all the subhuman niggers and muslims into their country, sealing their own extinction so it was all for naught.

>why britfags are such fags
Inferiority complex from no longer being an empire, and from massively being overshadows by other superpowers post WW2.

>40% white

No one celebrated fag

>And then merely 70 years later they all went FULL RETARD and invived all the subhuman niggers and muslims into their country, sealing their own extinction so it was all for naught.

*and dropping hard

The same reason eurofags hate America.

>ineptitude and cowardice

Funny considering USA literally saved the UK during WW2. Really makes you think.

cringe

cringe all you want, he's right.

Pro Brexit propaganda to rally the British behind against Germany.

This may be true, but OP's point isn't that Britain won the war single handedly and fucked over the Nazis on their own, it's that they braved a series of horrific early military defeats and carried on, with most members of the population helping in any way they can in the war effort to defend their small island from an (at this time) seemingly unstoppable military force

you only did anything significant when you were attacked yourselves

cowards of the highest order, glad Churchill never told you about Pearl Harbor

They killed themselves. We were just there. Plus the amount saved through medicine and infrastructure vastly outweighs the amount killed.

>t. same person

Russia and Mussolini saved the UK. The pressure from the eastern front, and the crappy Italian armies in Africa forced Hitler to postpone the invasion of UK, and settle it by launching V2 at their faces... Although a few historians think that it was not Hitler's plan to invade UK...

Anyway, learn history yank.

>the kings of revisionist history saying they don't make up stories
top kek m8

you mean jewish companies, right you mongrel goy?

when your military objective is to make as much money as possible off a war we never fail
so you're a dumbfuck

you lost your own language to some british colonists and now by mexican immigrants you amerimongrel

postpone the invasion of the UK? you guys already fucking lost by then, if the bombings of london didnt tell you that or when hitler let you nerds escape at dunkirk while sending mail after mail to churchill asking for a surrender while he wiped his ass with them as his countrymen died

nope, now fuck off

I could understand it

The brits were chicken shit. If by not understanding you mean Not believing the twisted message of 'cowardice is heroism' then you're right. I won't let propaganda distort reality

I don't accept double talk. You ran away like scalded dogs and that's how I see it.