What is the Sup Forums equivalent of collecting vinyl records?

What is the Sup Forums equivalent of collecting vinyl records?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RufXzdt6Qhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

criterion releases

Collecting UHD Blu ray

buildng your own theatre in your house completes with 30+ chairs and an old projector that only works with film reels

Probably buying Bluerays and using them as your source of watching movies and films outside of Screenings.

Collecting VHS

collecting nitrate

movie tickets

Laserdisc

This.

The only slightly more acceptable answer would be betamax or hd-dvd.

steelbooks, imo

700 mb avi fies

this

Collecting the film reel from the projectionist after the movie ends.

>vinyl records
kys just say records, and the answer is

patrish

Uh, I meant the answer is

Film Prints

t. arantino

paying for shit

Complaining about high frame rate.

Buying physical media instead of just torrenting everything

Capacitance Electronic Discs. Plastic/ carbon discs played with a needle. I have the Star Wars trilogy in this format.

it depends on what kind of vinyl collecting we're talking about. there's people that buy them for the novelty and don't care if they're listening to a mp3 file pressed to disc and there's people that buy them because a piece of music can only be found on that format.

only pleb scum call them "records."
patricians use the term "vinyl."

But VHS is objectively worse than digital.

Fuck off, shill.

Prefering a movie shooted on film instead of digital

shooting on celluloid.

no shilling involved. $500 is a lot of money to you, I get it. no need to get mad at your life failure.

>he fell for the vinyl is better meme
Doesnt matter if all you listen to is p4k flavor of the week albums that were digitally mastered to begin with

>He fell for the digital is better meme

>shooted
Look at this fucking mongoloid.

Vinyl will degrade to shit if you actually listen to it, it doesn't matter if you think a fresh record sounds better.

I get that you have to pay for stuff that you can get for free in order to justify your miserable existence, but that doesn't mean others have to as well.

laserdisc

>Vinyl will degrade to shit if you actually listen to it
Not if you aren't retarded.

"""Understanding""" David Lynch

>dragging hard material across soft material has no adverse effect on the soft material
>you're just dumb

>dude just give me shit for free lol

>Vinyl
>Soft

Collecting literal film reels to play on projectors.

Speaking 4 languages makes you get confused a bit, m8

What languages do you speak, then?

oh yeah i believe you sure. baka fucking smelly foreigners

English, Español, Polski, עברית

>Sup Forums
>collecting

You're funny user. No one has movies here. Just a bunch of kids downloading rips.

>Implying I'm in a foreign country

Are you baiting friend? People with any sense refer to an individual record as a record, and a bunch of records as vinyl. It's plebs that say "vinyl records" or even worse, "vinyls"

Is this why VHS players are so damn expensive. They were $15 after DVD players came out

Everything I download (UseNet not torrents in my case) is about 30 gigs cause it's just the fully ripped BR. I'd buy digital copies but they don't come with everything else that's on the discs usually like commentaries, deleted scenes etc. It's getting a little bit better but we're not there yet and for everything already released it's hard to get that content legally (in a digital format at least).

I mean, rock isn't soft but it still erodes. Do you really think there's no friction on the record's grooves?

It's because basically no one makes them anymore.

>Do you really think there's no friction on the record's grooves?
Yeah, unless there is a shitton of dust in there, the record should play fine.

>not having old heavy af VHS players from your childhood at your second home at the lake.

What are you poor or something?

Didn't Breaking Bad have a VHS edition?

James Rolfe did a great lazer disc review

youtube.com/watch?v=RufXzdt6Qhc

It will play just fine in the same way that you can play a VHS over and over. The problem is that wear and tear happens every single time that you use it and it will eventually impact the quality.

I don't think vinyl is better than FLAC but I also don't think that the degradation the needle will introduce will be audible (not for a very long time at least), though it is present.

As far as I'm aware someone just made VHS covers for it (along with some others) though I may be wrong. I do think Magnavox is still making VCRs though. Or at least a VCR DVD combo player.

There is no degredation on a record you fucking retard. If what you said was true, then we couldn't play records from the 1950s.

Perhaps I haven't made clear (though I've been trying) the level of degrees and amount of plays necessary to achieve them. You would have to play a record *A LOT* to achieve *A SMALL* amount of degradation.

This isn't a question of if, it's a question of how much over how long it would take. Any object running over any other object will slowly degrade each other. Don't you wonder why you have to replace the stylus occasionally?

Water cuts through stone over enough time and it's the same thing with a record.

You absolute idiot. Just stop man, if you haven't understood by now you never will.

Jesus Christ is this bait

vhs would be cassettes which also became a thing again in the last couple of years.
the quality of a record is much higher than the quality of vhs

Laserdisc

t. shills