American company founded in Hershey, PA

>American company founded in Hershey, PA
>Factories would make the entire town smell like delicious chocolate
>Company fires everybody and moves manufacturing to Mexico
>Still has the gall to call Hershey PA the sweetest place on Earth
Post your local companies that sold out and moved our blue collar jobs to a foreign country

Other urls found in this thread:

thehersheycompany.com/en_us/this-is-hershey/global-locations.html
usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/07/20/report-doj-ok-ab-inbev-sabmiller-deal/87347546/
fda.gov/ICECI/ComplianceManuals/CompliancePolicyGuidanceManual/ucm074446.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumping for a righteous cause

They will still tell you to your face on heir tours that they are largest American manufacturer of chocolate, a technical truth due to NAFTA and Mexico being in North america

MEGA

At the end of each tour you would be able to eat fresh chocolate off the assembly line. Now you get handed a mini Mr. Good bar freshly imported from Mexico

Post your companies people, this behavior is rampant

What the hell are you talking about? I literally work at a Hershey factory in PA.

thehersheycompany.com/en_us/this-is-hershey/global-locations.html

When Easter comes around we churn out Cadbury eggs like its nobody's business. I get full time, overtime, and a pretty solid wage too. Thank god for unions.

>live 15 mins from a Hershey factory in Smith Falls
>in 2007 strike forces it to close down
>now its a weed factory

JUST

Good thing I live in an oil town. can't outsource drilling

Hershey is complete shit

chalky, disgusting American """""chocolate""""""

>>live 15 mins from a Hershey factory in Smith Falls

Hey dude, former PA boy here also. Grew up in Lititz, now love in Cumberland MD. Does Hershey still own/operate that Amusement Park or was that place sold to Great Adventure/Six Flags?

>used to be revered as a proud accomplishment of Pittsburgh
>viewed the same as Steelers and penguins.
>sells out to their international doms
>Pittsburgh no longer smells like ketchup

They still have the park.

whats up dude i live in Hershey too

this, has any ameribros here tried non-american chocolate?

That crap legit tastes like vomit.

Literally poo is their logo, makes sense that they move to meshitco.

I've had hersheys once.

It's fucking revolting
Tastes like those cheap "chocolate-like products" you're handed for free for stupid occassions like valentine's day n shit

I live 40 minutes from Hershey

its not just bad quality or whatever, they actually use a chemical process to leach out any positive nutrients in the coco beans.

there is no hersey's at whole foods

Yeah, its better than Hersheys. Whats your point? We don't fucking love the stuff, it's just whats out there. The chocolate syrup and cocoa powder are good, the actual milk chocolate bars are trash.

> tfw spoiled for world class chocolate
> went to school to learn baking (worst decision ever desu)
> teacher was one of the top 10 pastry chefs in the world
> extremely thick Austrian accent and loved giving examples
> dident hear what he said or you messed up ? He will make it again to show you
> there was always a lot of left over pastries and chocolate

her nose totally ruins it

I'm a guy and my butt looks like this.

Feels bad, man.

Tell me more, it sounds neat.

>Phoenix AZ
>Honeywell, Small to medium sized jet engines and APUs
>Fuck America we are moving all of the manufacturing to Mexico because of NAFTA
>Train your Mexican replacements or you will get fired for cause
>Years of fucked up jet engines causing safety of flight issues because beans can't aerospace
>Nobody wants to buy the engines anymore
>Well we have to layoff more people because sales are shit lol

JUST

>Grew up in Lititz
oh fug I went to Manheim Central, class of 07

almost the same, mechanicsburg reporting in

Used to visit every year from Ottawa. I'm still fuming.

>hurr durr Americunt #1
>but why would our bizniz betray us like that? :^((((
>traitors to merika!

I hope more businesses sell out, faggot

Same with vegemite, m8

God I remember when that happened. Lived in Lancaster most of my life, and my dad got so pissed at Hershey for that. He talked about it for a straight month.

But thankfully I support the local Amish places and I don't think they're going anywhere.

It was just some overpriced shitty art school
I was young and made mistakes , in debt now for a long ass time .

The food itself was amazing (well , chef made food), and having to eat it , pastries included made me fat and spoiled for taste.
4th quarter there was a trio of fat niggess at the station behind me, they couldent even make rice pilaf , how they got that far to 4th quarter I have no idea.

>have shitty tax policies
>can't compete with poorfag labor
>surprised when companies fuck off to Mexico

So what would you do to avoid this, without having to institute some sort of policy which raises prices on imported goods, ultimately just causing the manufacurer to raise prices on their products?

I have and it's amazing. Why do Hershey bars taste like puke? Like seriously... plain Hershey bars taste like stomach bile.

You forgot the part where the quality of the product significantly declines and people drop it like the shit it is.

>fat niggresses
You know exactly how.

SpotTed the the HillShill

Nuke Mexico so there's no more Mexicans to steal the jobs

I work for a company that competes with Honeywell except we're still purely American. I wish that didn't hurt us as badly as it does

>o-oh n-no an user is asking questions i-i can't answer b-better call him a shill

It's a serious question you faggot, what is the solution to keep businesses here without having to raise prices?

Kek

I guess, is it significant enough to impact business?

I support businesses that take one for the team like this, but will somebody explain why America isn't a place where businesses want to be. Also where do you work so we can buy your companies shit.

hershey is fucking terrible now, don't even taste like milk chocolate, waxy crumbly chocolate flavored plastic.

That's like, your opinion man.

That's called economic freedom you commie cucks

1) Local wages are generally much higher than places like Mexico and China.
2) Employers have to handle health care related shit
3) Higher taxes and more regulations

I'm fairly certain there's more to it than that, but those reasons seem pretty straightforward to me.

This.

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/07/20/report-doj-ok-ab-inbev-sabmiller-deal/87347546/

Heinz isn't that good though, French's Ketchup is better by far

Well how do you change taxes and regulations, and healthcare repated stuff so it's easier. I think Ireland has such a low corporate taxrate that business have been moving there. There isn't much of a way to compete with chink slave labor, but quality would probably be lower if it's produced there, so that's something companies would have to deal with.

fuck outta here with frenchs ketchup

they do have the best shitty yellow mustard though

Do they produce poop?

Our local beer was brewed 5 blocks from my old house, near some train tracks in downtown Santa Fe, I spent hours a day after school playing football in the huge, huge park that lead to the entrance.
Due to constant recession and a lack of self love, the brewing company sold the building and now it imports (under the same name) the beer from Quilmes, Buenos Aires, approx 650 km away from the old building. This sole fact killed the area and generated thousands of poors.

>thehersheycompany.com/en_us/this-is-hershey/global-locations.html

There was no point in keeping manufacturing jobs in Hershey. They demolished the East plant and the west plant is smaller and primarily makes hershey kisses.

It doesn't smell like chocolate anymore and the Reeses plant smells like pure shit.

Hershey definitely isn't like it was when I grew up plus its still filled with tourist scum.

It's a suppository

I don't imagine Sup Forums is in the business of buying $800000 cockpit retrofits unfortunately. Justhe look somewhere other than Honeywell, they are the Apple of aviation systems

>american chocolate
>being even close to edible...
U fucking wot m8?

>Company fires everybody and moves manufacturing to Mexico

there's only 1 factory in mexico and like 6 in the US

Source: I work at a hershey plant in Virginia

>Mechanicsberg
>Almost the same as Living in Hershey
Keep trying poorfag

i don't understand how people can drink bud or budlight. the rice taste is so off putting. I have never ever seen at a bar or restaurant or even bbq parties where bud was served. I have zero clue how they make money when I see no one drink their product. College tier Natty light is better even because it lacks that rice taste. Maybe weebs drink it pretending its saki.

you like the chocolate? tastes like rancid milk. I don't even think you can even legally call it milk chocolate since it has vegetable oil in it replacing the dairy.

You can't do anything about it. If they come back hiring U.S. workers would be expansive and most of the factory would use robots abd automation since its cheaper

>you like the chocolate?

Used to get it on occasion when I first started beacause they have free candy in the break rooms but now I can't stand the smell of it.

the smell of chocolate and just sweetness in the factory makes me never crave sweets anymore

share some secrets from the chocolate industry then

Actual Pennsylvania fact: the kids accepted to the State College were having trouble finding it so they said fuckit, just change the name of the city.

Holy shit, what the fuck are you? Everyone knows to get Heinz ketchup and french's Yellow Mustard.

Anheuser-Busch St.louis was jewed hard.

you have to ask specific questions about it not really sure where to start, can't think of anything particularly interesting about it.

When I first tasted Hershey chocolate I thought 'this is a joke right?' But NO Americans eat that plastic fake chocolate unironically. That's fucked.

Tell me what you think about Twizzlers? I hear Yuros think they taste like rubber.

is it true that the chocolate taste is mostly artificial? is it true that theres a shortage of cocoa? is it true that most plantations are owned by a few companies? is it true that its almost impossible to create chocolate as is known and only a few select companies have the recipes?

troof

In the US, there is a distinction between "chocolate" and "chocolate flavored" candy. If it's cheap, it's probably not chocolate.

fda.gov/ICECI/ComplianceManuals/CompliancePolicyGuidanceManual/ucm074446.htm

This, it's foul

Heinz isn't even considered ketchup in some countries. Sure, in Canada they at least have no HFCS, but even still it hardly has any tomato in it; it's just sugar paste. At least try it before you knock it

San Diego here

Phizer is moving out, they supplied a lot of jobs, the San Onofre power plant broke down because they had to buy a new part, and only china made it, spent all their money on the new part and it broke. Didn't have any money to replace that so we shut it down, la lost its primary power source, and power bills went up. We rely on fossil fuels now. Thanks Obama

>sugar paste

Sure you don't mean Hunts?

Don't worry, more taxes will fix it.

Hersey has factory in small Canadian town
Hersey closes production because it's too expensive to operate in Canada
Most of the town ends up unemployed, on welfare, doing drugs and selling drugs.
Now is a giant pot farm owned by ONE guy who somehow managed to be the ONLY guy in the whole region to be able to do this

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>Canada has tons of jobs. More than Merica eh? Canada is safe place. FREE healthcare eh??

>only China made it
>AKA we thought we could source it cheaper form China, we didn't know it would be shit quality

They should have sourced from American foundries, or Russian at least, anything but China.

Hunt's is just as bad

>OP tries to spark reasonable discussion about how outsourcing is ruining America
>Yuropoors want to argue about how chocolate tastes

This board would be better off if it was America only

>only place where I can get good candy bars is an hour and a half away
DAMN YOU MN'S LARGEST CANDY STORE
[spoiler]at least they have this[/spoiler]

[spoiler]they were both 2 fucking dollars each[/spoiler]

>NAFTA fucks over citizens and gives more money to corporations
>MUH 'CONOMY
>TPP is about to do the same
>MUH JOB GROWTH
Obama is the biggest piece of shit. Spineless cuck took one look at the zapruder film and cried 'yes massa anything u say'

Hershey's chocolate contains the same chemicals as vomit.

Twizzlers are great. America has a lot of god tier candy. A lot sweeter than here for some reason. I can see why Americans are gaining weight.

3 Dollar Bill for Hillary is pretty clever.

To be honest the candy corn bars are fucking great

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>candy corn bars

What is this?