youtube.com/watch?v=D7SOM5E9ci0
inverse.com/article/5055-we-re-turning-mars-orbit-into-a-new-space-junkyard
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=qU7FuAswPW0
nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fucking cunts littering the space
musk is an egoistic little rat

*parks like an asshole at the WalMars*

The trash in space is a problem in Earth's lower orbit and the Tesla is going further

Do your research before you post pls

>going further means you're no longer in space.

>Mars orbit is not space

>picture
>history books
What kind of books do you read?

It's not the part of space where excess of litter is becoming a problem, a Tesla rolling around in outer space just doesn't matter

Nice reading comprehension

>reference to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

noone can tell me musks entire marketing strategy isn't aimed at the soyboy demographic

youtube.com/watch?v=D7SOM5E9ci0

t. poorfag nocar

no, t. motorcycle masterrace

You think one small Tesla in orbit is a problem, even if its just for fun its a big accomplishment

Can't disagree with you there Hans, they would appear cooler if they didn't force "nerdy" references into their projects. But having them in like they did with that reference wasn't as in your face so it was cool.

>It's not the part of space where excess of litter is becoming a problem
Your uninformed opinion.
inverse.com/article/5055-we-re-turning-mars-orbit-into-a-new-space-junkyard
>Tesla rolling around in outer space just doesn't matter
There's no excuse to send shit floating out there either. Only an idiot would do something like this.

well, it's an ad, basically. a big, flying ad. don't really see the value in it, scientifically or otherwise

I detest the idea of sending anything up there if it's not of the utmost importance.

How many years until we're going to see a fucking McDonald's sign up there?

It wasn't meant for scientific value, it was meant as a fun way to test the rocket. Even if it is an ad I don't mind, Elon doing this is awesome regardless

As an /o/fag I'm legitimately triggered he actually sent that piece of shit to space. He can't go a second without shilling that electric dildo on wheels. Now every time I look at Mars I'll be reminded that somewhere out there, there is a fucking soycar floating around.

Elementary school and high school textbooks will generally have pictures in them.

Is Russia so dystopian that books for children don't have pictures?

>having them in like they did with that reference wasn't as in your face

it literally could not have been placed more centrally in the frame.

not that i actually mind the reference in itself. it's more the coordinated effort to push the biggest case vaporware ever seen by relying on the IFLS! crowd that makes me a little mad. getting idiots who think they're scientists because they watch rick and morty and have a picture of the andromeda galaxy as their wallpaper to support these useless projects.

The article literally just said that they're starting to monitor the paths of the shit in planets orbits better because that has been lacking and there's things that can collide. It's not a problem, they're just taking precautions a bit earlier than with earths orbit

well thats how they plan to reach mars

liftoff with 3 bigass rockets, 1 unit reaching mars, 3 coming back to earth and landing

the bigass rockets came back and landed? idk

thank you, glad someone said it

what are they even going to do on mars?
i swear, if the marslanding will be "sponsored by tesla" imma kill myself

>scientifically
I mean it was a payload test can't do anything scientific with it cause if the test fails then you just wasted a satellite, so if they didn't use the car they probably would have used a couple tons of concrete to simulate mass and that's boring

Am I the only one who sees Pepe?

well, i guess...
it still makes me uncomfortable to see that private corporations are using this technology for marketing purposes.

it just seems to reinforce the idea that there is nothing actually worthwhile to do in space, other than staging a spectacle.

So this autist sends his meme car up into space as advertising.
I hate Capitalism so much.

>there is nothing actually worthwhile to do in space
I mean if you are talking absolute numbers, that is correct space is so fucking empty there isn't much to do cause of how empty it is and that emptiness makes it so vast that the worthwhile shit is so fucking hard to get to

It's just a mockup car. A real car would be too costly and I doubt Musk would waste money like that just to make a point.

>It's not a problem
It is a problem. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have to take those precautions. On top of that, I wonder how pleased they are in NASA to have to calculate all the trajectories of all this pointless junk Musk and other rich people/corporations are going to send up there in the near future.

It's a fucking CAR in the orbit of MARS. It has NO FUNCTION there whatsoever, and the fact that people are cheering for this kind of irresponsible behaviour, only emboldens Musk and his ilk to send more pointless shit up there. That's another problem right there.

]idiots still talk about bringing asteroids into orbit and mining them, no matter how many times it's explained as to why it can't be done, or makes no sense to be done

>space is big
well, duh. that's why i was hoping for private companies to find a way to somehow make a profit up there, that would really kick off the space age. gouvernment programs were and are important for "disinterested" research, but the only way to make space travelling work on a larger scale is making it profitable and i was hoping private companies would do that. but so far all they've done is dicing around in the upper stratosphere and endulging in selfcratulatory behaviour.

For a ~150 million dollar launch 200,000 dollars aint too much more, anyway its his company

*dicking around
*selfcongratulatory

i SWEAR i am not retarded

>It's just a mockup car.
Nope, it's a real car
>A real car would be too costly
The price of a car is peanuts to how much money is in that rocket also Musk owns his own car company so that car is his personal one

so far the idea is to establish small colonies that can sustain themselfs, then after a long time it will be liveable because the vegetation will eventually be big enough to have an athmosphere or smt, thousand year terraforming

ok, but plants need carbon dioxide to grow, right? and soil? don't know if it's possible to grow something in mars' ground, looks like sand to me. and the only way to generate CO2 would be to either use combustion engines (which would need fuel) or animals? how fast do they expect to send up colonists there? and even if they breed like rabbits, do they really expect to expand in any meanigful sense?

how IS musk planning to terraform mars? we can't even properly terraform our only climate, let alone our own planet right now.

also, what is an smt?

we need more lebensraum amd must prevent the shitholes to leave this doomed planet

and i forgot fucking water?? where are they getting their water from? can't compress it, so it cannot feasibly be sent up there on a rocket. can't find it on mars, AFAWK.

am i being bamboozled by musk here?

lol

there is no shortage of co2 in the atmosphere on mars, so growing plants is fine - over time the gradual increase of oxygen in the atmosphere will help generate a breathable atmosphere

there is loads of water on mars in the polar ice caps.

the best way of looking at it is, this planet used to be green, we're not starting with a world of soup and is completely inhospitable to humans

and it used to be green?

Too costly to launch because of the weight.

>waaaah i hat ho da rich man pollute space it so small waaahh wad if it hit a pwetty asteroid waaaaahh

So what's the point of this? How this contribute to the humanity?

>ugh me like poop in space urrgh me gona buy stuff from da rich man nao orrmgh wave more shiny thing in me face me defemd rich mon now

as in contained some type of life, yes - could have been microscopic, could also have been larger we're not entirely sure yet although the discovery buggy taught us a lot about the planet.

It was a test of a rocket that has incredible capabilities for launches to Earth orbit and beyond

that's crazy

It's great publicity so stock price will rise meaning uhm.. well..
Sc-science and pop-culture and stuff.

We could send 100 trillion more Teslas up there and they would still not cause any problems. It's not really space debris since it orbits the Sun, not Earth or Mars.

t. 125cc 17 year old

that hurt a little ok
i love my nixie

Do you honestly believe that low earth orbit is cluttered? There's maybe an object for every 500 square miles of low earth orbit

that sounds like a lot to me if even a grain of shrapnel gathers enough velocity to penetrate and destroy a vessel desu

>Space corporation tests new rocket to fly to mars
>Most powerful rocket ever launched
Hurr, it's them dicking around guys. They totally didn't accomplish anything here

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=qU7FuAswPW0

Mars has water ice caps. Mars has also an abundance of hydrogen, which can be used as fuel

>Most powerful rocket ever launched
Nope, it's the most powerful rocket in operation currently.

Tiny rocks floating in space haven't stopped voyager 2 from interstellar travel

>fails to understand any point made
>keeps shilling like a hellspawn

Would quite happily send you to Sun's orbit

>Can't ride a gsxr 1000 in highschool
Lmao eurocucks

they're not floating
they're going really fucking fast. that's the problem. if they'd stay still it wouldn't be a problem, but because there's zero resistance, they never slow down.
right now, it isn't much of a problem, because there aren't many of these pieces of shrapnel. which is why we should try to keep it that way by, for example, letting old sattelite re-enter the atmosphere or, you know, not sending up fucking cars into orbit.

It's hard to understand things which don't exist

Nigger did you even read my previous post? If the Voyager 2 can successfully travel out of our Galaxy, then launching rockets past space junk wont be a problem. Do you think everything out of our orbit is standstill?

>all these mad eurocucks in this thread

fuck outta here brainlets

we... weren't talking about deep space...
we were talking about the orbit of earth. and the voyager could do that precisely BECAUSE there isn't much debris out there right now. which is why we should keep it that way.

do i have to draw you a picture?

We're already in the sun's orbit dumbass

>presents generally accepted problem: increase of human made clutter in orbits of celestial bodies, now increasing just for sheer vanity
>it's not a problem becuz I say so, dem can be mostly avoided, but in my opinion not by refraining of sending completely pointless stuff up in space

You should've just stopped at
>It's hard to understand things

AMERICAN DOMINATION

>mutt thinks pedantry will make him look clever

There's literally tiny dust particles traveling extremely fast all over space retard. Space equipment is designed to take some wear from space dust and shrapnel. Otherwise we couldn't even reach the moon before space shuttles were compromised from miniature impacts

right, fuck it

nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

literally the first result on google
literally in the first two sentences

but, let me guess, NASA too is wrong, right?

>eurocucks
>dumbass
>retard

Think we have a prepubescent here

the launch was fake you mongs

it depends on the wind direction and which way you are going

> Low earth orbit Sattelites are the same as space faring rockets

It's not a problem because it's not a problem.
Humans don't even have the capability to send a sufficient amount of material to the Sun's orbit that would increase the density of material in it by any meaningful extent. We would have to send so many trillions of Teslas but we could only produce a relatively small amount.
Low Earth orbit is of course an entirely different subject. It's like comparing a glass of water to all the water in the world.

what did the curiosity suv teach us?

what does that have to do with anything?
could debris affect sattelites? yes.
could debris affect rockets? maybe (hint: they, too, have to pass through orbit to make it to outer space)
will launching a car lead to avoidable debris? definitely.

conclusion = don't launch cars into orbit.
but i guess that's just rocket science to an american.

A vessel that sits in low earth orbit for years on end is eventually guaranteed to hit some kind of space junk. A rocket that sits in low earth orbit for 30 mins like the falcon Heavy will never have issues with space junk.

well the REUSABLE rockets won't be a problem of course, seeing that they return to earth. it's just about the car itself.

>Reading comprehension

>Too costly to launch because of the weight.
The whole point of this launch is to see if it can handle the weight, sure in a regular launch they want less weight but in a payload test they want to use heavy stuff to see if it can manage the weight

enlighten me.
the rockets carry the car to space. they leave the car behind and return to earth, or continue into outer space or burn out upon re-entry.
where did i go wrong?

You totally missed the point. The chances of a rocket that spends 30 minutes in low earth orbit hitting space debris is nonexistent. There has only been a few instances of low earth orbit collisions and it's always been with Sattelites that spend YEARS on a collision course with human space shit.

Yes, this is so quintessentially American. The spirit of freedom lets us do things nobody thought were possible. We can do whatever we want just because we can. It may sound crazy but hey we can do it! The sky's the limit. Wait, no, there are no limits anymore! Musk is a genius. We dominate the world and we also dominate the outer space. Feels good man.

The car is going to mars, not low earth orbit

fellow /o/tist

so, fuck those stupid sattelites, am i right? who needs those haha? i don't even like telecomunications THAT much.

or is your point that musks car was released up too high to cause a problem? the reason why lower orbit is beginning to be so fucking crowded is because everyone is sending their shit there. now, if we start sending fucking billboards into higher orbit, that too will begin to be untraversable with our current tech.

lol

everything i said applies to mars' orbit as it applies to the earths orbit

it is not going to mars. it is going to an orbit between the earth and mars. it may reach mars in a few million years

Im saying that the falcon Heavy didn't cause any problems and it was a great accomplishment

You realize that the whole point of this project is that SpaceX's vehicle can carry several tons, right?

and the car...?

SpaceX has no stock price as it's not on the stock market. Tesla lost almost 4% in the five last days.

I'm sure that we'll figure out a solution to space clutter.

i fucking hate americans so much

It's not in earth's orbit