Say hello to Stargirl

Say hello to Stargirl

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/legends-tomorrow-adds-power-rangers-actress-stargirl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

comicbookresources.com/article/legends-tomorrow-adds-power-rangers-actress-stargirl

The cast of "Legends of Tomorrow" has added another actor for its second season. IGN has learned that Sarah Grey will portray Stargirl in a recurring role during the CW series' sophomore season. Stargirl will be one of many heroes rounding out the show's Justice Society of America lineup, along with Hourman (Patrick J. Adams) and the still-uncast Dr. Mid-Nite and Obsidian.

Courtney Whitmore, also known as Stargirl, was created by Geoff Johns and debuted in 1999's "Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E." # 0. She wields a cosmic staff that allows her to manipulate energy and fly. Stargirl made her live-action debut later seasons of "Smallville" where she was played by Britt Irvin.

Sarah Grey will be a part of the cast of the upcoming "Power Rangers" feature film, although she is not one of the five Rangers. Grey will play a character named Amanda, as stated on IMDB. Grey joins Patrick J. Adams (Hourman), Maisie Richardson-Sellers (Vixen) and Matthew MacCaull (Commander Steel) as a member of the JSA. Obsidian and Dr. Mid-Nite have not yet been cast.

I'm going to marry Sarah Grey!

Every god damn time I think it says Sasha Grey

Can...can I fap to Stargirl now?

You didn't already?

She's legit too old

we totally should congratulate Sasha Grey on her twitter about the casting choice.

delete before based Johns sees this post

Love it

Was I the only one who expected to see Felicity in the spoiler?

...it's not?
*zips dick*

This costume or bust.

shes 20

TOO

OLD

Wasn't Stargirl like 16 in JSA?

have respect for Geoff's sister you heretic.

>heretic

I thought I was the only one

Cool

>implying most "teens" in movies aren't played by twenty something year olds

>Power Rangers actress
Wouldn't be the first one on these DC shows

Hello Stargirl.

I want to hold the hands of Sarah Grey!

And Jessica Jones and Daredevil

DC, pal

I said and

Wasn't Dino Charge Blue on AoS at some point

bullshit, she's not even covered with milk

you wouldn't want a guy to fap to your dead sister won't you?

The reason for that is that most of the movies and tv shows you see are either made by US companies (who are mostly based in California, which has strict child labor legislation) or in the US/Canada under SAG-AFTRA rules, which prohibit kids from working long hours. There are very, very good reasons for that - you seriously need to read up on how the studios behaved before there were guilds to stand up to them, because it's hilarious and tragic.

One problem that arises out of that is that unless a role calls for an actual child actor, they'll cast an adult (18+) who can play younger (like 19 year old New Spider Smell) because otherwise they can't easily feature them in leading roles. You'll notice there's a lot of careful cutting and framing of adults in scenes shared with kids - they get the kid's part right, then re-do the adult stuff all night if they have to and cut it together, because there's just so little time to work with children each day. You can do it - but it's a pain in the ass and you need experienced directors and crew (and actors) to work with the kids and make the most of that time - because kids don't get Golden Time, they just go home.

For a show like this where there's a lot constantly in the air and they're trying to build a convincing world, it's not surprising they'd cast an adult rather than a teenager. Frankly, I was kind of surprised Gotham went the route it did. It's not easy.

What if it was her husband?

What if it was her boyfriend, or the guy she thought was cute but hadn't told, or the guy she had a crush on since forever?

Wouldn't you want them to fap to her memory, since it's what she would have wanted? It's not like they have to do it into her grave at the funeral.