AYO

AYO
WE WUZ SAMUUUURAAAAAIIIZZ AND SHIIIIEEEET

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
imdb.com/title/tt0325710/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3BYCK-3jPc
youtube.com/watch?v=d1pzzpI_Riw
6h2.xyz/trump_xvcb_GOD-emperor_8o2la_MAGA_stream
wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Racism#Islamic_Writers_and_Scholars_on_Black_People
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but he was a real person

you can walk around tokyo at night and feel safe at night at any time, Japan doesnt need immigrants

>posting manlet white samurai when you could be posting an actual we wuz samurai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
According to Histoire Ecclesiastique Des Isles Et Royaumes Du Japon, written by François Solier of the Society of Jesus in 1627, Yasuke was likely from Portuguese MozambiqueYasuke arrived in Japan in 1579 in the service of the Italian Jesuit Alessandro Valignano, who had been appointed the Visitor (inspector) of the Jesuit missions in the Indies, meaning East Africa, South and East Asia.The Lord Nobunaga Chronicle (信長公記 Shinchō Kōki) corroborates Fróis' account, and describes their meeting thus: "On the 23rd of the 2nd month [March 23, 1581], a black page (黒坊主 kuro-bōzu) came from the Christian countries. The man was healthy and good-looking with a good demeanour. Moreover, Nobunaga praised Yasuke's strength, describing it as that of ten normal men. Nobunaga's nephew gave him a sum of money at this first meeting.

>he thinks Japan's stagnant economy is because they didn't flood their country with third-worlders

am I supposed to not like this movie now?

also
>In March 2017, it was announced that Lionsgate Films and Michael De Luca will produce a film based on Yasuke written by Gregory Widen.

Will it be some kind of live action Afro Samurai ?
>featuring Idriss Elba

wtf i hate good movies now

> not realising samurai is plural

WE

>Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

Japan was a white country back then.

Not realizing interntional translations use singular

>this kills the atheist

Wrong

imdb.com/title/tt0325710/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas

B
T
F
O

>he thinks Japan was asian back then
fucking retard, yellow man stole our katana making techniques and anime.

Pretty sure the real guy was french.

That shit is absolutely hilarious every time I read it. What a gigantic butthurt faggot.

>calling based seagal a butthurt faggot
the fuck is wrong with you?

WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!

Way to miss the point. Seagull
Cruise wasn't the last samurai.
Watanabe and the rest were.
Cruise was just there to see their end

>expecting third world country translators that get paid 100 pesos a millennium to understand a complex title

Fucking terrible film, total pleb shit. There's a reason Chris Stuckman loves this.

>tfw TLS is one of my all time favorite movies and kickstarted my yellow fever

I can't be the only one.

This is what makes it so hilarious.

Nothing, he IS a butthurt faggot. Probably batshit crazy, too, which is why no one wants him in their films.

Nah, it's good, you just have terrible taste.

I never understand this movie. I never understand race traitors like Avatar

Like, why did Tom Cruise offer the sword to the Emperor so he can find guts to fight USA?

I understand to a degree that Tom Cruise's character and Katsumoto respect each other because they are both warriors, they are both brave, they both lost faith etc. And they fought side by side to the end.

But Tom Cruise's character doesn't know the Emperor. Why did he act like he owes the emperor his life or something?

No, he owes Katsumoto his life.

Tom Cruise is a giant in Japan.

>I never understand this movie. I never understand race traitors like Avatar.
lol. It was established in the movie that he hated the officer in command before they even went to Japan. He wasn't a race traitor. All he did was fulfill his promise that he would eventually kill him for being an asshole. He fought for the Japanese against the Japanese, so how does race traitor even come in to it? There were only two white men on the battlefield.
>Like, why did Tom Cruise offer the sword to the Emperor so he can find guts to fight USA?
That's not what happened. He knew Katsumoto and the Emperor were close, and that Meiji was having second thoughts and regret about his death. All Tom did was give him his sword, which is symbolic in Japanese culture (something they establish early in the movie "a samurai's sword is his soul"). He told the American delegation to fuck off so that the Japanese could find their own way in the world rather than copying the west. This was in the early 1900's, and Meiji died in 1912, so there was never the intention to fight America or anyone else for that matter.
>I understand to a degree that Tom Cruise's character and Katsumoto respect each other because they are both warriors, they are both brave, they both lost faith etc. And they fought side by side to the end. But Tom Cruise's character doesn't know the Emperor. Why did he act like he owes the emperor his life or something?
Again, symbolism. He was merely puppeting Katsumoto in his interactions with the Emperor to establish how much he respected him and Katsumoto.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

WE

>not crouching tiger
pleb

And actually, Tom didn't owe anyone anything. It would be more appropriate to say that Meiji owed him for showing him what it meant to be Japanese. Meiji was notorious for being west-crazy when he ruled, but often considered a great emperor for having brought Japan out of feudal society and into the modern age. It's not an accurate depiction of his life in the movie. If anything, he saved Japan from being taken over by a foreign power. They were, literally, still wearing armor and using swords by the time Meiji's reign started. The rest of the world had battleships, guns and superior army traditions.

Daily reminder that he did literally nothing wrong and that the samurai were worthless parasites on Japanese society

I can't believe he's appropriating their culture, what a piece of shit

Ok. But how can he extend his respect for Katsumoto to the emperor?

By giving him his sword

By giving him Katsumoto's sword, which he knew would be of value to the Emperor having been such a close friend of his. You show respect for someone by remembering who they were, what they did and what they stood for. Meiji knew little of it, so it was certainly welcomed to hear about the life of his former friend, especially since he was his teacher.

>Nobunaga's nephew gave him a sum of money at this first meeting.
>WOW, BIG EURO COCK
>TAKE MY MONEY

Nobunaga was a cool westaboo. I always find funny how Nobunaga actually checked if his skin color was real and not just paint.

>guy who literally never even gets scratched in a movie was perfect for last samurai

Sorry but that's not what I mean.
I mean, why did he respect the Emperor ? He respect Katsumoto but why did he respect Emperor?

There's another point he's missing as well, he's not a very good actor.

In WW2, an American ship went down off of Newfoundland. Among the survivors who washed ashore was a black man. The locals had never seen a black person before nor even knew that it was a thing.
So they brought him in with the other survivors that were covered in oil but when they tried to wash him, they found that's just how he looked all the time.
He expected to be segregated and put in a barn or something, but he was treated as well as the whites.
The locals had no idea that there was a kind of racism to deal with skin colour.

Because Katsumoto did.

Aside from being the Emperor, which deserves respect all by itself, I'd say it probably had to do with being educated by Katsumoto. Both Tom and the Emperor had something in common, as they were both friends of Katsumoto and were both schooled by him.

I was always bugged by the anti-Samurai sentiments of the Japanese antagonists. The relationship between Katsumoto and the Emperor, or the former-Samurai officer, felt more compelling: these were men who had nothing but respect for each other, but knew that only one of their groups could survive. The world was changing, and they needed to fight each other to the death, because their lives of consummate ceremony and tradition had left them ill-equipped for any other reality. They didn't begrudge each other, because they knew their place, their role, and their duty.

I think the spectre of time and modernity stripping away at a nation's foundations and principles, turning friend against friend, is a much more gripping and sorrowful story than having a stock antagonist money-grubbing railway tycoon, and would help capture Japan's unique flavour of ennui.

>WW2-era Canadians didn't even know that black people EXISTED
There's stupid, bullshit, made-up anecdotes, and then there's THIS

Newfoundland wasn't a part of Canada in WW2.
I don't think you appreciate how isolated Newfoundland was

I always thought William Adams (of Shogun fame) was the first foreign samurai but it turns out a black person did something first. Amazing.

>implying that Japan wasn't originally black
Yasuka was coming home famalam

well put. I actually only recently saw the movie and I was impressed by the fact that the movie turned out that good despite being what I thought was nothing more than "white guy goes to japan and is the coolest guy around because he's white". There's a lot more to it and it even manages to make Tom Cruise look like a decent person. I don't think I've liked a Cruise movie this much since the first Mission Impossible.

I am not exactly convinced but thanks for replying.

It just doesn't feel right. If I have to say I would say it's about the Indians Tom helped to defeat.

yfw "The Last Samurai" wasn't referring to Tom Cruise but to Ken Hom and his loyal warriors

WUZ

Then why was Tom in the poster?

Because the west doesn't care about Watanabe, and Tom Cruise sells tickets.

That's exactly what it will be

>leftypol in charge of understanding economics

>fuck the guy who killed your husband

Why do women do this?

What a stupid image.

>Why Japan Refuses Immigration and Multiculturalism

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3BYCK-3jPc

>When you have one of the highest IQs and lowest crime rates in the developed world and leftists criticize you for not letting enough brown savages in

If that were true they would have called it the last samurais

Ken was the last one to die. He was the last.

you crackas are afraid of da troff n sheeit smdh

>tfw no Last Nigger on Earth starring Tom Hanks

Yasuke and William had the chance to fight in vidya

youtube.com/watch?v=d1pzzpI_Riw

Tom Cruise's best film.

By miles.

It does if they want economic growth. Also, walk around Roppongi and say that.
It does, it literally does, that's probably the biggest thing fucking their growth since the burst. That and all the attention being focused on making oldshits comfy. Even Abe's growth plan has a huge chunk dedicated to bringing people in, cause he knows they need it, but not as real immigrants (hence why his plan doesn't work) cause he's a retarded tool.
Thanks, he probably didn't realize immigration had a downside in some ways.
>dead economy
>dead society
>the only immigrants in the world are black people

I watched Crouching tiger and thought it was one of the worst films ever, it seems all chinese films are shit, especially that one where flying daggers fly out of nowhere when they are in a spot of trouble like surrounded in a house or something, but i forgot what that film was called

you dont have a clue what you're talking about, it's embarrassing

you don't know how it works, do you?

>white man goes to japan, kills a japanese dude and fucks his wife
>"It's ok because it was inspired by a real life story!"
>if a new movie gets announced, starring a black man like Idris Elba that becomes a samurai loyal to Nobunaga, fucking asian women everywhere, also based on reality (read about the real life samurai Yasuke), Sup Forums would FREAK OUT

Tell me this wouldn't happen.

>WOW, BIG EURO COCK
>euro
The guy was a fucking nigger from east africa.

6h2.xyz/trump_xvcb_GOD-emperor_8o2la_MAGA_stream

lol, why do niggers get so butthurt when you tell them to go back ti Africa? It's like they realize Africa sucks and they should be grateful ti live here.

Africa sucks because of the white men.

lol

Liberia and Ethiopia were never colonized by Europeans, yet they're just as bad if not worse than their formerly colonized neighbors. Read some of the quotes below, take note of the year in which they originate:

wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Racism#Islamic_Writers_and_Scholars_on_Black_People

>he's right you know.jpg

It wouldn't happen. The US is full of libcucks and progressive faggots.

But they already made this movie it's called Django Unchained, the only difference is that there are white people instead of Japanese people