Why do people not mind they turned Slade from an incredibly badass family man mercenary warrior into an inhumanly evil...

Why do people not mind they turned Slade from an incredibly badass family man mercenary warrior into an inhumanly evil sociopath voiced by Ron Perlman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSiGteEY-jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cause it worked within the context of the show

You answered your own question. It's Ron Perlman.

cause it worked within the context of the show

because Ron Perlman

the cartoon is like 99% different from the source material

like with jinx the only thing even remotely similar was the hair looking like the horns on one of her NTT outfits

RON
FUCKING
PERLMAN

Didn't he willingly fuck an underaged girl while encouraging her to murder a group of teenagers when they least expected it?

Because Ron Perlman is awesome

>Didn't he willingly fuck an underaged girl
>willingly
As opposed to loli raep gangs?

>voiced by Ron Perlman
Hm, can't imagine why people let that slide. It's almost like SOMEONE injected a huge dose of charisma into the character or something.

>inhumanly evil sociopath voiced by Ron Perlman?

Well there's your answer

youtube.com/watch?v=XSiGteEY-jk

Why does Wilson in this show have this strange fixation on grooming Robin and Terra as apprentices, but beat the living shit out of them on a regular basis while torturing them mentally when they serve him?

How does that win any loyalty.

Because Slade was a way better villain than Deathstroke, fucking fight me, nerdlinger.

Because it's a completely different take on the character. While it can be argued that one is better than the other, their both equally valid.

He wants to make them extra tough for when X plan causes them to change their ways and convert to his side. There's no point in having them as understudies if they're not strong enough to survive him.

>best Cyborg
>best Jynx
>best Raven
>one of the best Terras
>best Hive general
>best Aqualad
>one of the best Deathstrokes

Also, some good OCs as heroes and vilains.

This show made a lot of things right.

The comics should have explored it in a better way.

>One of the best Terras
>One of
If not for the bkub image I would tell you to kill yourself.

Teen Titans show>Teen Titans Comic
this is fact, even to niggas who have read the comics like me, and actually LIKED them, it's almost objective fact the show is better

why did slade rape raven?

The Wolfram run was better in some ways.

Taken as a whole though, yeah, show > comics.

They think the dark haired girl that was put into the conners palmotti book is neat. Not cause of her powers, personality or even looks. But because they can hint that she is power girls fuck buddy.

According to Sup Forums, they're everywhere.

Literally came in to post this.

I feel like DC Comics outright ignores what this series did because it made them look bad when they tried to do Teen Titans comics and failed because they kept redoing the Judas Contract arc.

I'm not up to date on the current run, but I feel like they /tried/ to emulate the show and completely misunderstood why people liked the show's changes. I read a Raven miniseries from them awhile back where they clearly tried to lift the Raven from the show--she's drawn as a goth emo type and they made her a proper teenager. But it was so horribly done. Bad pop culture references, the core of her character was fucked up, just wasn't well written or in character with show Raven beyond the makeup at all. It's like they never examined why people liked her past her eyeliner.

Because it's hot.

>DC comics
>ping

There's something I've always wondered about this show. It seems to get a good amount of grief on Sup Forums, mainly for two reasons:

1. Because it departed significantly from the comics on which it was based. I say this as someone who does not read comics at all, but understand how that could be off-putting to a lot of people. On the other hand, I have also heard people say that the original comics weren't that good...

2. Because the show was influenced by anime, both in its art style and its sense of humor. I understand this too, but only to a point, because I feel like the so-called "weeb" influence was not as pronounced as some people portray it.

Even for accounting for those two reasons, the dislike for this cartoon seems overlarge. Is there anything else people have against it.

I'm genuinely curious and have tried to sound as neutral as possible

Your impression surprises me, every thread I've seen on Sup Forums about it has been positive.

>best Aqualad
Fuck you.

It was a birthday surprise

Wouldn't you?

Teen Titans Go! is the better show, the old one was pretty shit to where it's occasionally made fun of in Go.

David and Goliath w Robin

slade is a hypermasculine power trip but uses it for evil

Robin is a good boy who supresses the hypermasculine dark side in him, but in order to defeat Slade Robin has to wander in and explore the dark side. Especially with his whimiscal costume and values he is fighting to protect when it is faced with true unexpected levels of evil ( haunted beatdown, even if only in his mind where they all are proved to be too weak, what then?)

like it is emphasized in TTG as a deconstruction, Robin has no powers, he is normal and is only capable of doing because of the fact that it is fantasy

Slade really seems like he can get away with anything and does not follow any rules

As much as I don't care for original Teen Titans, I did like Slade better than Deathstroke, who is just basically Comic Book Mercenary Guy #2765.

Hell, even the name "Slade" is better than Deathstroke. The writers of Arrow season 2 knew this.

There are some people on Sup Forums who despise anime in general because they are huge faggots no different from weeabos.

And there other part are usually just people bainting with TTG.

Slade is not a threatening name. Also, isn't his full title "Deathstroke the Terminator?" That would send anyone packing.

Relax dude, just say them what is your favorite Aqualad, no need to be a huge flaming faggot.

Deathstroke the Terminator sounds way too edgy

Isn't that how batman did it?

Isn't Deathstroke's real last name Slade? I always thought that was kinda funny how the detective knew a mercenary by a last name basis instead of his other identity

>Is there anything else people have against it.
No.

And you are correct on all accounts. It's fucking dumb to get mad at the art style being influenced by anime. The east and west have influenced each other in their art styles.

The only people that get pissy over it seem to be TTG trolls (it's clear to me now that I found a thread that is civil about this topic), or that "fucking 30" year old manchild who has a really unhealthy anime hate boner.

You are lucky. I always see that one guy getting really mad about Teen Titans. He always throws a fit about the "anime art style".

The same reason no one cared they made a mafia diamond thief into an tragic villain that is trying to save the woman he loves.

It's all about presentation

He seemed like he wanted kid, but wasn't interested enough in any women his age to have any of his own, so he wanted pre-trained kids

Deathstroke and the Terminator don't sound threatening, let alone when you put them together

you gotta be shitposting
the term Terminator has lost it's charm since 1992 and Deathstroke sounds like a family guy medical term

Slade is his first name
Wilson is his last name

>the old one was pretty shit to where it's occasionally made fun of in Go
I know you're baiting, but they really do make fun of the old show too much just because they're triggered by angry manchildren

comic slade is a child rapist

>he's beyond death's stroke
wtf I hate slade now

This.

Well, Jericho is his son....

Ah, it's you again.

Don't you have work? Or are you a 30 year old NEET?

user three of the writers on Go wrote for the original. Hell people that wrote Green Lantern Animated Series writes for them. They poke fun at it the same way bros insult each other to show affection. The closest episode to poke at old fans was Return of Slade which still seems more like a parody of people wanting to never let go of their childhood rather than a mean spirited poke at old fans

why 30?
wanting to share something user?

Most people on Sup Forums grew up with that cartoon.
/thread

That and they call their show crap in comparison all the time.
Hell the canon story is Control Freak transformed them into their TTG counterparts and the whole series is just a hellish prison for them.

Pointing out the fact that their show is unfunny doesn't excuse it though

excuse what exactly?
it's existence?
Ratings and profits is what keeps it around.
I rather have self aware creators that know it garbage then some full of shit team that thinks their cartoon is some high brow message to the masses.

because it's an adaptation for kids
because he's voiced by Ron fucking Perlman

I wish I could slap everyone who posts "Slade is a better name than Deathstroke" over the internet.

He's been just "Deathstroke" for ages now, that argument means shit.

His Teen TItans bit was the only time he was EVER interesting. If hes ever in a movie they better be smart enough to do him like in Titans

more importantly, why did he cum in her ass?

your thread is done OP
move on

But Slade IS a better name than Deathstroke, you edgy shit

But it is

Because it was still good.

The Haunted episode was super fucked up

So she wouldn't get pregnet

>Fear Itself
>Haunted
>The Beast Within

Because his voice is amazing

Deathstroke the Terminator is a comedic name at this point, the amount of tryhard edge crammed all into one name. Slade is simple, has a smoothness to it, and sounds more sinister without being so obvious.

>They poke fun at it the same way bros insult each other to show affection

Yeah somehow I doubt that.

>The closest episode to poke at old fans was Return of Slade which still seems more like a parody of people wanting to never let go of their childhood rather than a mean spirited poke at old fans

Nothing about this is true. It was a blatant jab at fans of the original, and that wasn't even the last time they did that, they still do it with the most recent being Island Adventure.

anywhere I can watch/torrent the whole show?

It's not rape if she enjoys it, and she definitely enjoyed it

Deathstroke is a garbage plotarmored piece of shit.

Slade is the best incarnation of a shitty character.

In fact, the Teen Titans cartoon redeemed an otherwise horrifcally terrible comic all around. Literally everything is improved. The Teen Titans comic is a vortex of creative garbage. The cartoon, while nowhere close to perfect, is amazing in comparison.

Prove me wrong. You can't. I'm not even being ironic.

>I rather have self aware creators that know it garbage then some full of shit team that thinks their cartoon is some high brow message to the masses

And I'd rather have self-aware creators work to actually improve their show than do nothing about it. It's baffling how you would defend bullshit like this.

>Deathstroke the Terminator
>ColdSteel the Edgehog
huh

>1. Because it departed significantly from the comics on which it was based
Trust me! Nobody gave a shit that it wasn't faithful to the comics. Back when it first aired the most common complaints were that the Titans were younger (the were pushing their 20's in the NTT run with BB being the youngest), Robin being nothing like Dick (it was later revealed that he was a combination of Dick, Jason and Tim) and Starfire being naive instead of a hippie outside that there were not a lot of opposition from comic readers mainly because they never bothered to watch it and because the comics just were never good but the show did wonders to introducing Teen Titans to a new audience and the receptions of the characterization was well-received to the point where DC started to incorporate them in the later Titans comic runs specifically Raven and Cyborg's current status as DC's frontrunner for Black superheroes now is mainly due to his new found popularity thanks to the TV series and the fact that he was the only black superhero outside Jon Stewart that people are familiar with and of course the Starfire controversy from a few years back came about because so many people were only familiar with the TV series incarnation of her character. Robin and BB are really the only outliers with the latter being the most faithful to the original.

Establish dominance. Duh.

>Deathstroke the Terminator

Exactly what makes him a joke.

Slade is menacing. He's not being a tryhard faggot. He's a scheming, powerful villain with a velvet voice and a plan.

>I'd rather have creators who know their bad work is bad than creators who think their passable work is better than it is.
Why? Why do you care? Wouldn't it be preferable in all cases to have creators who thought they were working on something good, so that at least their failure would be sincere?

It was originally hated back in the day, along with Avatar (yes, Sup Forums used to hate Avatar). But both shows came into their own after the first season and are now regarded as classics.

That was one of the two Smallville episodes I've ever watched

>And I'd rather have self-aware creators work to actually improve their show than do nothing about it.
they might not have that control
they might just treat this as a paycheck like most people do with their jobs
they might have tried to change and it didn't work out
they might just be treating this as a guilty pleasure then feeling a need to change anything

Honestly you seem like you are in a state of mind where you have to hate them

Yea

jesus the one where raven is making monsters

Did you know you can have an orgasim while being raped and its still rape

>Why? Why do you care?
We are sharing opinions on topics I care about as much as the thought holds. And this is just bad logic because you obviously care a great deal how creative works come about with such a concern for sincere products that are made for profit and nothing more.

>Wouldn't it be preferable in all cases to have creators who thought they were working on something good
That's a loaded gun because what they see as good might be bad(Uwe Boll's works). And hell what they see as bad by the public is seen as good(Most of Allen Moore's comic satires) So bluntly no there is no preference thanks to chaos theory ruling supreme.

>and of course the Starfire controversy from a few years back came about because so many people were only familiar with the TV series incarnation of her character.
And then they went back and threw out her Outlaws persona and gave us one that's more like her TV counterpart. Now lets see if it'll be retain in Titans Rebirth given that she's not the Team Mom.

>not
*now

>Judas Contract
Motherfucker that isn't nearly as recycled as Trigon

They probably were going to pull some kind of twist that would reveal him to be like his comic book counterpart...

but then it got canceled

For all of those who say the show is the shit, i think it might just be nostalgia googles. Up to season 2 everything feels so forced and the anime visual gags are shit. Slade has no real motivations to do all that shit he does, he only hate the Titans for "reasons". The only likable character is Starfire.

And Teen Titans Go! is better because at least it's funny.

You're right, I never watched the show before.

I keep trying to watch the first episode to get started on the series, but I always stop watching half way through, it's just not entertaining.

Damn shame though, I really like Raven.

Why did they hide his face if he wasn't secretly someone else?

This was my answer

Not really, I rewatched some episodes about half year ago and I think they are still really good. Maybe it just didn't click for you. I mean, sure there is a lot of plotholes and I'm not claiming it's some god-tier watching experience, but you have to remember it was a show for kids. They couldn't put too much depth, too strong themes or too complicated plot in there. I honestly think that for a kids cartoon it's pretty impressive what they managed to do with it.

Because it was cool.