How does Sup Forums feel regarding Deus Ex?

How does Sup Forums feel regarding Deus Ex?

I know it wasn't meant to be taken at face value but some themes and details have become very relevant today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_7J9O1TqY
youtube.com/watch?v=zkj4b7-r4MA
youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk
dx-revision.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The story is a cookie cutter conspiracy, the kind people are drawn to because it mostly matches reality for much of human history.

>inb4 it's always the Jews.
Not always, but usually

can some tl'dr the Deus Ex series? Don't have time to play the games

So is this the new Deus Ex or people still play the original one? Anything else than original ain't worth much anyway on a scale of legendary. You got many shooters these days, you could say they all good, but how much are they really good in your memory after a while. Not much.

OP has a pic of the first one. The newest, Mankind divided releases 28th of this month if i remember correctly

Well, Human Revolution was surprisingly good for a new studio making a prequel to one of the greatest games of all time, so I'm optimistic. If they can just deliver HR with a few fixes and more exploration, I'd say it'll be golden.

People remembered the original for some reason. New shooters are much better graphic and more professional teams work on it, but maybe they try too hard and people in past simply produced a gem once in a while among the shitload of other games, so people remembered. Is Skyrim even interesting these days? It was one of those supposed gems, but is it as big of a gem as Deux Ex? Doubtfully.

>Skyrim
>EUIV
>Civ V

Predicted 9/11.

we wuz illuminati n shiet

What is this garbage?

People still play the original one

I myself am working on a modification that updates the weapons so they look cool

There used to be a huge multiplayer community that was divided between augged gameplay and no augged gameplay lol it was like the first time I was exposed to politics

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_7J9O1TqY

It's even more relevant today, I think.

Deus Ex is about a world in which all of our conspiracy theories were true.

Turns out that world is very close to our real world.

So that says something about conspiracy theories.

The jews control the world is pretty much the story in a nutshell

Well all games are the same these days. They blend together. To be a good game in original dues ex times you needed a lot of passion and originality, which it has

No need to fix what isn't broken. Would be better if you created new levels.

There were a lot of shit games back then, only a few have stood the test of time because they were really that good in spite of their shit graphics.

Modern games come with fantastic graphics off the bat, but as a result they tend to blend together, like you said. It may also be that changing cultures have also changed the writing teams behind a game and the need to pander to people makes them all samey and bland. Fewer people will take risks on a AAA budget.

#1. That's terror.

I think you've got a point, it definitely cost more to make games now, so no big companies want to take the risk and do something way out of the ordinary if there's a risk it won't sell, so it's the same shit over and over again. And the pandering, by God, did you see the mafia 3 trailer? Literally a nigger massacreing innocent whites

t. liquor pro

>doesn't name the jew

Oh my god JC! A bomb!

What is this meme?

Deus Ex was good because it basically combined: RPG, mystery, shooter, secrets, futurism, conspiracy and it wasn't predictable. What i mean by that, it wasn't predictable in technology sense and it wasn't predictable in story sense, so people remembered.

Deus Ex is fucking godlike.

What's wrong with EUIV excatly?

I just like EUIII better, also /gsg/ memes.

Half Life and Half Life 2 is the real red pill though.

Our world was opened up to aliens and they're now controlling our memories, media, and populations.

>there are people who haven't played deus ex

bad graphics

>skyrim
>red dead
>any MGS game

Victoria

Human Revolution was pretty good. I never got into the original since the graphics put me off. I can play games like Fallout 1 and Planetscape Torment no problem but those old 3D shooters are asking too much of me.

I think you meant Skyrim, Red dead, MGS, etc. Civ V is fine in it's current state.

>shits on civ and eu4
>doesn't even know memes

Graphics these days are almost real like, but that's exactly what i don't like. I like to keep distinction between reality and game. So now if you want even more real graphics you can grab your gun and if you want even more adrenaline you can try to reach a goal with it with real risks.

Predicted a lot of shit.

Oh, right, I need to play Vicky more often.

youtube.com/watch?v=zkj4b7-r4MA

Civ VI, despite shitty graphics, will be even better because you can be openly facist now, instead of 'autocratic'

Human Revolution is fucking dog shit

>Skyrim is fine

Way ahead of it's time
youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk

>t. Aug

There are a lot of gsg memes

Of course, you can play 2D games from mid-90s (like Transport Tycoon) with no problem, but 3D graphics ages like milk. That said, there is the Deus Ex: Revision project that should make the game playable even today

dx-revision.com/

Redpilled AF

casual

It's telling how close to neckbeard-core this trash list is

>memeropa memeversalis
>fucking Call of Duty
>no Silent Hunter or Falcom BMS
10/10 chart right there.

It does though, at least twice iirc.

>In the end Chinamen, the eternal slaves, will be more sensible and free than us
Just nuke us already.

I didn't say Skyrim is fine. I said those games are either shit or not Sup Forums approved. Skyrim and Red Dead are bland open-world games with nothing. MGSV is poor man's stealth and cinematic trash.