Sup Forums opinion on Japan

Would you like to live there? What do you think about Japanese culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman's_Wife
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsujigiri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No
Soul-killing

Cancer country full of retarded people

best country in the world

i like the modern architecture
all we have here is brutalist commie junk

respectable country, super interesting in every way
however I'm not enough of a delusional weeb to think that I'd ever integrate so no, I wouldn't want to live there

White girls are always welcome here

I don't intend to leave Brazil, then probably no. I kinda like our shithole of a country.
I like parts of the Japanese culture. Their secularism at least does not seem to be anti-religious like European secularism. The girls look very pretty. Lastly, I would not particularly like to live in a city like Tokyo, because I prefer small towns.

Latin is an important language at civilizational and cultural level, and I have always heard that the often contextualized way of reading Latin texts helps in the progression of intelligence.
Also, I do not share the view that you should only learn a language for pragmatic reasons.

wrong thread lol

not really

No
Dying

>Would you like to live there?
no
>What do you think about Japanese culture?
chinese culture 2.0

no
too many people on little space

No, I already live in the best country in the world.

degenerate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman's_Wife
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanamara_Matsuri
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsujigiri

disingenuous
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae

Idk, normally I'd say no but given the current situation of Italy I might as well.

I got my masters in Japan (Tokyo)

Some observations

The pros
>the girls dress really pretty
>everything, everything is extremely comfy
>which means everything is super convenient
>tons of enjoyable activities, all the time
>great bars, great drinking culture
>japanese men are bros
>excellent food for all kinds of prices, reminds me of Mexico, except I can eat at whatever stall and not be afraid of catching salmonella
>transportation systems are top notch country wide, from Naha to Sapporo, all trains, ferrys, and buses are always on time, taxis are always clean
>good balance of modern and traditional art
>people are way less xenophobic than we seem to think

The contras
>soul crushing work culture
>apolitical society, big contra for me
>too many people, too little space
>the inaka is peaceful but you know you just don't belong there as a foreigner, so that closes like 50% the country for living purposes
>that leaves the city to live, real state prices are exorbitant in all big cities, so you get a small box somewhere along the suburbs
>everything is thrice as expensive as Mexico, while the pay isn't even on American standards

Yes.
I don't like it at all. It doesn't affect me tho because I wasn't born and raised in Japan. I hate how they treat their elderly, how they oppress their youth, their fucked up customs.
But I can live with that, I can ignore them and I can say "no" to their bullshit.
I agree with everything except the last one. I think Tokyo is very cheap.

Maybe in Hokkaido
It's interesting

my 8-bit feels intensify

Japan, Tokyoite
No

Agreed with everything here except the apolitical part. I'm sick and tired of politics dominating discourse of my country.

I want to try living there for a year or so next year. I enjoy the culture, architecture, food, entertainment, convenience of everything, language etc.

What I don't like is their unapologetic behavior unless absolutely forced to do so. Also the way that they don't really question why things are being done in a certain way, which makes change processes really slow.

>What I don't like is their unapologetic behavior unless absolutely forced to do so.
I bet we are the most apologetic people in the world, dunno whether the apology is really sincere one, tho

No. I wouldn't fit in because Japanese are racist and xenophobic, and English is pretty much useless in Japan.
Also, I think their culture is insane, everything is based in honor and performance and people literally kill themselves if they fail at their job.

I am going to live there for a year
It's pretty aesthetic except for wageslaving. Probably wouldn't think so if I was Japanese though

yeah most of the time the apology is actually just to save your own face or not get into trouble, barely anything real. There was this guy who got falsely sentenced to death and was on death row for 50 years. Upon release, only one of the judges personally apologized, nothing official from the state or anybody.

Thank you! Also the way that they don't really question why things are being done in a certain way, which makes change processes really slow.

Also Japanese people are wondering,
somehow it can't be changed easily.
(School events, Work content etc...)

Since we can't abolish (change) things like garbage ,
we are busy daily, we are very busy doing...

>Also Japanese people are wondering,
why do you asians always say this hivemind borg shit. japanese people aren't wondering anything, only you are

>yeah most of the time the apology is actually just to save your own face or not get into trouble, barely anything real.
More or less most of people in the world tend to do that. The point is we apologize to someone for something really trivial the most easily.

>There was this guy who got falsely sentenced to death and was on death row for 50 years. Upon release, only one of the judges personally apologized, nothing official from the state or anybody.
Yeah it was really disgusting