Why can't people get into animation that isn't a family-friendly movie or a lowest-common-denominator comedy?

Why can't people get into animation that isn't a family-friendly movie or a lowest-common-denominator comedy?

wow, this is a shock. could they all have been paid off?

then again, you guys all told me to hate That's My Boy despite it being one of the best premises and casting stunts ever, and holy shit that movie was watchable. It was like, just two steps below little nicky. It was great seeing sandler being funny again instead of the straight man. It was lowbrow as fuck, reveled in it, and made the best jokes

Sony sent me free tickets to this and I'm still not going to see it

Every time I look at that hot dog I can hear Seth's laugh.

>9 critics

Why would Sup Forums have an opinion on That's My Boy

Aren't these all from SXSW critics, meaning their depth of opinion basically amounts to "DUDE WEED LMAO" level humor?

I didn't mean you guys Sup Forums, I meant you guys... you know..

Saw a seriously normie guy on my facebook feed I met from some facebook game who got free tickets. Him and they friend he took loved it. And every single person commenting was talking about how much they wanted to see it.

So, either it really is pretty funny and has good comedic timing even if the jokes are kind of obvious and dumb or...it doesn't matter and you're all just going to be bitter angry wizards for the rest of your life wondering why your oh so vaunted superiority doesn't make you happy.

Eight Crazy Nights threads tend to become all about Sandler in general.
Why anyone wouldn't adore that movie, or any of his classic ones (other than wedding singer, which is boring) is beyond me.

It is entirely possible for something with a fucking terrible concept to be good. That's what Pixar has been basing its entire thing on since the 90s. Literally nothing about Toy Story is even close to an acceptable idea. Like MAYBE if they had been actual cool toys, but even then it would be redundant. Like, just make a movie about the franchise those toys are from instead.
Yet despite this huge procession of godawful ideas for movies, their fantastic writing saves every single one. Except Cars.

Nobody who uses facebook and plays facebook games can call anyone else a normie

>Why can't people get into animation that isn't a family-friendly movie or a lowest-common-denominator comedy?

Because animation is still looked as a thing for kids.

And judging by the stunted mindsets of the manchildren and landwhale tumblr bitches that make up the grown cartoon (and especially anime) fanbases, they're quite right.

Though obsession plays a role in that mental stunting. Just watching cartoons when you're older never hurt anyone.

I'm with you, and honestly I'm really skeptical about this movie, but people are seriously eating it up apparently. I don't get it. I'm kind of scared I'll see it eventually (really no reason to see this movie in theaters, though) and still not get it.

Name a good action or drama animated film that wouldn't be better and cheaper with real actors.

You can't because action and drama films are better and cheaper with real people.

It look so painfully unfunny.

Why does the characters look like that one episode in Ripping Friends?

Why does a hot dog and bun look vaguely like a hot dog and bun? Is that what you're asking? Are you seriously fucking asking that? Is that actually a question you seriously fucking think is an actual fucking question?

Jesus Christ calm down. It's fucking stupid but it made them laugh, same as shit like Tropic Thunder and Spy.

You guys are the assholes who go into movies thinking "Nyeh, I'm not gonna laugh at this, nyeh" and when you don't laugh you come out thinking "Hah, I was right, fuck everyone else who was laughing, I'm the only smart one here!"

THE HOT DOG LOOKS LIKE A PENIS AND THE BUN LOOKS LIKE A VAGINA

FUCKING. COMEDY. GENIUS.

Then again, I don't know why people use RT as an indicator of quality since the new Ghostbusters film has a positive rating.

Jews??

Boss, Sisters, and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (which was actually decent) all have bad ratings, fuck off with your feminist conspiracy bullshit.

taste is gentrified lol. Anyways it's shit because people like shit.

>mfw it's easier to go to japan, learn the language and then become a slave worker animator than it is to make a non comedy animation for adults in America.

Wow. Were you disappointed when you found out it wasn't an invitation to a gay orgy? How pretentious can you get?

>9 reveiws
These are all the real early people who saw it at the film festival it was in. It's still got a hold on reviews.

But tumblr would not like anime, you can see tits in there and pantyshots.

I was shocked at all the overflowing hate for the movie

This movie pains me.

So for those who have seen it already, how close is it to the leaked script? Did they keep the orgy or is that gonna be cut and kept for the Unrated Super Edgy Bluray version?

every recent DC film. DC animation is amazing but their live action loses the feel

some user reported back the orgy is now at the very end of the movie and involves way more food products than just the main characters

Because cartoons are for kids, you manchild.

>but people are seriously eating it up

I'm going to go see this at the theatre on friday.
I need to be there to see the orgy scene and see how other people react.

It's just gonna be the same as the pie in American pie, but fuck it, I need to see people react to the utter degeneracy of it all.

>WELL, TH-THEN FUCKING FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU! FUCKING KYS FOR NOT SUPPORTING THIS MOVIE THAT I LIKE!! KYS!!

Grave of the Fireflies

For fuck's sake, it's because of how they grew up.

They grew up in an environment where cartoons were for small children and as you got older you watched live action films and TV. They don't really want to watch animation in the first place and don't see it as a proper vehicle for mature themes. That very unwillingness to see animation as a vehicle for any story is precisely why the lowest-common-denominator animated comedy works: it has shock value to them

People currently in their late 20's grew up with animation being relevant to teens due mostly to the airing of anime in the west, as they get older the animation age ghetto will disappear.

I thought Cars was OK :(

this movie looks good

this

You people are insane. It might just manage to be funny, but it objectively looks stupid and horrible at face value.