Spidrman 3

Was it really that bad?
#BringBackRaimi

Considering what came after it was pretty great. I always liked it anyway

Yes and No. Honestly, part of what made it so bad is that it was ALMOST fucking incredible.

Visually, the representation of Venom is PERFECT. It looked and sounded terrifying and had Venom been the one and only villain in the film it probably would have been perfect.

The issue is that they made Sandman the more important character and Venom got the huge backseat barely getting any screentime, and every time he WAS on screen, the dude inside the suit kept taking the mask off and talking. It was TERRIFYING to look at whenever it screamed or bared the teeth, which is why it was so frustrating to see venom so poorly used.

I feel the movie would have been much, much better had they gotten rid of Sandman. I also don't feel Topher Grace was a miscast. He was great for the role. Eddie Brock should have been the main focus throughout the movie.

>emo musical Tobey
>crammed 3 villains in one movie
>Topher Grace as Venom
>SO GOOD
Even Raimi said it was awful.

Absolutely. Sandman never should have been in the script. Get rid of his plotline, shorten emo peter significantly, and give venom much more screen time as the main villain to make up for all the time in the movie peter is emo/fights sandman.

could have been great

No it's like a 6/10

This

>emo Tobey
if you can't understand the humor of that sequence you are the highest order of pleb

>capeshit
>anything but pleb

Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy transcends capeshit

friendly reminder that Tobey was, and still is, the most humanized the character of spiderman will ever be. maybe it's cheesy in the long run but he felt like a real dude with real problems who was genuinely lonely in the world

the newer renditions of spiderman are too quipy and always get the last word, they seem unphased by everything. tobey's spiderman was kind of a depressed loner and it was a super interesting look at the character

actual capekino tbhrn

Why the fuck was Peter bullied in fucking college?

i never knew that this was considered bad before I discovered reddit and Sup Forums.

personally my fav out of three. i love how dark it is.

He was a white male.

This.
That said though, Sandman at least had a complete character arc, albeit at a cost to Venom. His "revival" scene was fuckin great.

"They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually. But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn't really have creative control, so to speak. The best way for me to move forward on films is that I've got to be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film." - Sami Raimi

>jew needs complete domination with no voices of dissent

Seems about right

What made Sony suddenly assert control? With creative control to himself, Raimi had two delivered two commercial and critical smashes.

Fuck off fuck all you plebs I liked Spiderman 3 and it's my favorite of the trilogy.

Technically Venom was a villain throughout the whole movie because he infected Peter and Sandman was kino so don't even start.

Also the scene where Harry shows up and spin kicks Venom on his glider and bombs Sandman in the face to save Peter was probably one of the best moments in capeshit truly Raimi was a genius.

#BringbackRaimi #Spiderman4.

>studio fucks over your movie
>it's still pretty good

Raimi is king.

Fuck yourself. Get rid of Venom and the whole symbiote idea. Sandman and tying up the Harry arc was plenty for one movie.