Man Of Steel 2 Expectations

Now that MOS 2 has been announced,I think it's time to have Superman fight Brainiac. Please keep Zack " the hack" Snyder as far away from this project as you can. He will fuck everything up. Hire Brad Bird please. What do you guys think WB should do?

My expectations? Low

After the shitfest that was BVS...I don't blame you.

Johns brainiac was one of the most boring versions of the character.

And i hope Snyder is the director. MoS deserves a true sequel. Tech vs bio it's a great theme to explore with a bio being that is almost godly.

Without Zack it will be failing garbage again, faggot.

No Snyder needs to keep away, faggot

The only Brainiac I liked was the STAS version
>I AM KRYPTON

Would have been nice if they introduced him on MOS.

Why? cuz not muh?

Stas was goat

>No Snyder needs to keep away, faggot

...because he is a bad director? And somehow jeopardized the entire DCEU?

Well the dude has fucked the DCEU pretty bad.

Rumors are Scott Snyder is writing the script. And that parasite will show up.

Scott Snyder...really? Lol

>written by Scott Snyder
>Directed by Zack Snyder
>executive producer Stuart Snyder

This may surprise people who don't read Superman comics, but Superman's most important ability is his intelligence, his ingenuity, his improvisation skills. He doesn't just rely on his crazy superpowers to save the day easily, he uses them in creative ways to solve seemingly impossible scennarios.
Like, say, spinning at high speed to act as a drill and create underground channels to prevent a flood. He comes up with useful ways to use his powers. And all the while making sure nobody dies and that his identity remains a secret.
That's his struggle and a big part of what makes him fun to read, to see how he will solve the problem at hand. Yet Cavill's Superman relies entirely on his superpowers as they are, no creativity or strategy, and when faced with kryptonyte he was completely defenseless instead of trying to come up with a plan to neutralize his opponent.
If it was up to me, I would give him a establishing scene where he's revealed to have been ahead of the villains' plan all along and had been boycotting througout the movie without him or the audience realizing it.

I was lied to that Braniac was in the beginning segments on Krypton in MOS.

I left the theatre so disappointed.....

You mean launching it so good that critics can't stop it's boxoffice successes both in cinema and blu-ray?

Guy also redeemed Superman pretty well after Returns failure.

inb4 : it didn't made 8 billions to even break even even

>>written by Scott Snyder
>>Directed by Zack Snyder
>>executive producer Stuart Snyder
>>producer Deborah Snyder

Yeah, too many non-comic book versions make him out to be a big, blue brute.

>because he is a bad director

But he isnt

I won't care unless it's directed by Snyder. He's the only person around today who is able to make an interesting Superman

MoS was Dope
BvS was so great
SS one of the best movie i've ever witnessed, and as a cinema student who have to look maybe 10-15 movies a week (for now 3 years), that's something

I really want to see what Snyder can do while exploring the brigther side of the character. So far he has been great exploring the doubts, failures, and tender parts of the character. I want some heroic glory, not standard victory but Herculean feats.

>Johns brainiac was one of the most boring versions of the character.
It really was.

That said, I really do sorta hope we actually get Brainiac for a MoS sequel.

And that Snyder is NOT directing, for that matter.

If they are going to use Braniac, it should be in the third act, as a set up for a Justice League film. He's top tier villain who has teamed up with Luthor (multiple times in canon, both pre and post crisis), Darkseid (in the DCAU) and it shouldn't be difficult to have him be a behind the scenes mover in a smaller part (say using War World to attack Earth and Mongul turning out that Brainiac was the mover in that attack).

Yup - it also was all just set up for the shitfest/reset button that was New Krypton

>the shitfest/reset button that was New Krypton
New Krypton was not a reset button. The fuck are you on about?

>New Krypton
Jesus, what a bunch of wasted potential that was.

STAS Brainiac is such a perfect reinterpretation of the character I'm always amazed it hasn't just become the standard version of him. Although I guess that would require rewriting the buildup to Krypton's destruction, too.

People will ask, where's the justice league

Anyone know about Silver Age Brainiac? How does Superman beat the force-screens?

Some kinda

Snyda Squad?

A year of shit happened. A new planet, 100K plus flying Kryptonians, yadda yadda. After forcing everyone to buy all those fucking cross-overs, one year later, what had actually changed?

> Chris Kent - still in Phantom Zone
> Kryptonians on Earth - still just Clark and Kara
> Planets in the solar system - still 8 (or 9 for your Pluto enthusiast)

I'm too tired to go on, but it was an entire waste that meant absolutely nothing when it was over AND JUST RESET EVERYTHING BACK to the status quo, EXCEPT for giving us mopey EMO Superman and twelve months of GROUNDED.

If Flash can be shown as a cameo for the fucking Suicide Squad and Bats as well, then there's no reason why an extra long 8 minute intro to the movie before the credits can't be Clark helping Barry out with say Gorilla Grodd and the army from Gorilla City before it goes to the main plot which if you used Mongul and War World would work well with bringing in the Lantern Corps, so have John Stewart, and whomever else will be cast, and could introduce say a Blue Lantern or Red Lantern to also be involved as an Easter Egg.

I want Brainiac too.

They should adapt Morrison's action comics volume 3. Vyndtx is the one who makes everything grimdark to attack Superman. We'd also finally get a Mxyzptlk on the big screen.

Everyone wants Brainiac. EVERYONE. So naturally, we'll get Metallo or some shit. Which is fine, Metallo is cool. But he's not Brainiac...

When Zod's crew is being sent to the Phantom Zone, the machine in the sky had the 3 circles like Brainiac. He wasn't named, but they could easily say Brainiac had something to do with Krypton's technology if they introduced him in MoS2.

Man of Steel was seriously expected by WB to make $1.5 billion, and had massive hype propelled by being a new Superman movie from two of the three guys who made The Dark Knight. I was actually hyped up for it myself, and watching it was literally the biggest disappointment of my entire life.

Russell Crowe came forward before and remarked that if MoS had performed up to expectations, an entire trilogy of stand-alone Superman movies (of which MoS was the first) and at least one Batman reboot would have come out before Justice League.

Instead, MoS, which had everything going for it, was beaten by a talking raccoon and his pet tree.

Brainiac is boring. They should adapt Bizzaro or Mxy.

Normies would not go for that at all even if it was good.

thats because normies only care about muh quips.
reminder that 2001 a space odyssey was also hated by critics when it first came

keep Snyder, fuck brainiac, use Livewire and or Parasite instead and have a more grounded supes movie. Hopefully neither villains die.

Alternatively use Metalllo as we already saw the guy who built him in BvS.

feels weird to make a movie with grounded villains after supes have fought zodd, doomsday and been in the justice league

>Brainiac
>another alien invasion with massive collateral damage

No. At least not yet.

The next movie needs to go back to basics and really invest in Superman as a character. Something like Peace on Earth or For All Seasons, a story that has plenty of action and super feats, maybe a big natural disaster as the climax, but the major focus is on Clark as a person.

People desperately want a reason to root for Superman and that's where the next movie's focus should be. Make it about Superman saving people, and show people WHY Superman saves people.

I want them to go cosmic with Superman.

>Bizarro after giving us Doomsday in BvS, who in this continuity, was sort of like a take on Bizarro anyway
>Mxy in the uber serious, grounded DCEU
Neither of these are ever happening.

Also Parasite isn't happening either since Doomsday already did the energy absorption thing

That's why they shouldn't have blown their load with BVS.

I'm trying to think what Superman comic they should adapt and every good comic is either an elseworlds or a fucking origin story.

Then who should be the villain?

Brainiac doesn't have to be an invasion exactly and the final fight can happen on his ship rather than on Earth.

Just have him infect the internet or something, set off a few missiles that Clark stops. You're not thinking creatively.

That's just because you're a normie casual who hasn't read through any runs.

rec me something

>SS one of the best movie i've ever witnessed, and as a cinema student who have to look maybe 10-15 movies a week (for now 3 years), that's something

holy shit where do you go to school? NYU?

The thing with Brainiac is that he is too much of a presence. Shouldn't they call he JL when he comes?

you aint gonna graduate i bet

Different taste as a cinema student = faliure

Senpai I'm not even him but come on, I even know fan of Ostrander's run and the N52 SS (including me) who liked Suicide Squad, and there are also plenty of people alike who also enjoyed MoS and BvS

Kelly
Johns
Busiek

that's most of the 00s

Forgot to put the meme arrows

>Different taste as a cinema student = faliure

Parasite would be cool. Would've been cooler in BvS because it would make more sense if Lex created Parasite than Doomsday.

I can't think of any potential Justice League movie villains that aren't part of Superman's rogue gallery other than Starro.

>Then who should be the villain?

I don't think a Superman movie needs a villain to be honest. At least not a big "main" villain.

Batman is a pulp crimefighter in the same vein as The Spirit and Dick Tracy, where the focus is always on his colorful rogues gallery. Superman isn't like that. Superman's modus operandi isn't fighting crime, it's saving lives. Obviously fighting crime falls into that purview, but he could just as easily spend his time pulling people out of a burning building, or stopping a flood, or catching a falling airplane, or destroying a meteor the size of Texas before it hits the Earth. There are so many cool, flashy ways to showcase Superman's powers that have NOTHING to do with punching another super being. That's one of the few things Superman Returns did really well, in my opinion. The ways in which Superman uses his powers to save people during the Metropolis earthquake were really clever and fun to watch. And of course, that absolutely wonderful airplane sequence.

They should adapt something from the silver age.

Read pre crisis Superman

I expect it doesn't matter how it is or what happens. Contrarians will eat it up and I'll skip it because I'm sick of getting burned.The character is already fucked, there's no reasonable or well written way to justify a change in personality or more optimism after all that's happened. The bed has too much shit in it.

>Johns hate

Boy is this tired

>there's no reasonable or well written way to justify a change in personality or more optimism after all that's happened. The bed has too much shit in it.

You must not read comic books very much.

Turning chicken shit into chicken salad is one of the hallmarks of superhero comics. Just look at Rebirth as a recent example.

First off Kryptonite PMS was one of the dumber things I remember reading.
Second, it's amusing to me that you use Supergirl as an example because she's pretty damn close to the Donna Troy/ Hawkman tier of "we don't know what the fuck we're doing".
Third, I gotta be blunt, there's so much baggage with the DCEU for me that it just makes more sense to reboot it fresh than try and salvage it.

>Error: Duplicate file exists. here.

Holy shit man, I was going to post this exact same thing replying to him. It's my favorite retcon for sure.

But yeah: it was just a black mercy dream, he goes on ghost adventures with Deadman to gain a new perspective, it was Dr Manhattan's fault, etc. Plenty of ways to explain changes away without too much confusion.

I can fix DCEU Superman with three words.

Lex. Luthor. Senior.

>she's pretty damn close to the Donna Troy/ Hawkman tier of "we don't know what the fuck we're doing".

I don't know why you'd say this when there's only two main versions that didn't really overlap or contradict each other. Maybe 3 if you count Cir-El. But Kara vs Matrix is not really more complicated than Clark as Superboy vs Kon. Hell they happened for the same editorial reasons.

They certainly didn't have to address why they weren't going to use that shit from the previous run with kryptonite poisoning but that allows for a more natural transition between creative teams and explains why their version has changed. I prefer it to just ignoring shit and writing everything different at least.

>Second, it's amusing to me that you use Supergirl as an example because she's pretty damn close to the Donna Troy/ Hawkman tier of "we don't know what the fuck we're doing".
Bullshit, she's not even remotely as bad as they are.

She mostly only really has one origin, aside from post-Crisis Matrix and Linda Danvers Supergirl(s). But aside from those, THE Supergirl is Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, who gets the most exposure anyway. And within context of the DCU, she's basically just Superman's cousin who goes on her own little solo adventures, occasionally joining forces with Superman and other DC heroes. Like most other DC characters really.

Not that user but just saying.

>Third, I gotta be blunt, there's so much baggage with the DCEU for me that it just makes more sense to reboot it fresh than try and salvage it.
That said, I actually do just agree with this.

Problem is Metallo can't be done, because Batman dI it in BVS and Parasite can't be done because of Doomsday.

No, fuck off. It was really obvious that he died and it wouldn't fix anything. Honestly it would make me hate the DCEU if they were just like "oh Lex in BvS wasn't supposed to be anything lol here's the REAL Lex!!"

Also I hate the stupid Periods. After. Every. Word. Shit so you can just fuck off.

>I fucking hate movie Superman but I would also hate it if they tried to fix it

They're not going to fucking reboot it, you autist. They have to play the hand they've dealt themselves.

I don't hate movie Superman, don't put words in my mouth.
IMO the only thing you need to do to fix DCEU Supes is have him come back to live with a brighter outlook. Before he died he finally believed Earth was HIS world and he was coming to terms with his place there. All he needs to do now is be happy.

>Superman's most important ability is his intelligence, his ingenuity, his improvisation skills

Then why did people get mad at the Martha scene? He clearly had to come up with it on the spot and chose to say it in that way specifically to get to Batman.