So why is Captain Boomerang on the Suicide Squad?

So why is Captain Boomerang on the Suicide Squad?

Like didn't the super villain jail have anymore master gunmen or archers or crossbowmen or guys with slings or spears, so they just had to settled with a guy who uses Aboriginal hunting tools?

He fought the Flash. The Flash ain't nothing to scoff at.

The Flash just appeared and caught him. Not really much of a fight.

So somebody never read Ostrander's suicide squad.

"Fought"

More versatility than "another guy with a gun." They should have had him use more trick boomerangs to show that. Now Harley is completely useless.

He's really good at throwing boomerangs just like Green arrow is really good at archery.

He clearly exaggerated how it went down.

He's a lucky son of a bitch and sometimes you need some luck

Boomerangs are like the knuckleball of throwing weapons.

Seeing that he apparently got away with robbing every bank in a nation and probably would have continued to succeed unless someone with super powers didn't stop him....I think it's implied that he's pretty resourceful and dangerous

>Now Harley is completely useless.
This...I can't believe that "insanity" alone makes you a better fighter than someone who's trained in fighting just because you're "fearless"

Nobody 'cept the audience know that.

Well to be fair, I would like to see how Boomerang would up his game to take on The Flash now. If you can last more than 3 secs against him then youre doing something right

I've read it. Still doesn't make any sense for him to be on the team. And in any case we're talking about the movie.

Comic or movie we're still talking about the same level of skill

>This...I can't believe that "insanity" alone makes you a better fighter than someone who's trained in fighting just because you're "fearless"

Harley has low tier super strenght and faster healing, and pretty much lives under adrenaline rushes, she doesnt feel pain in the same way as others, etc.

Comic-wise and Assault on Arkham I see Boomer isn't really special, just a jobber villain that obeys the program because he wants out. Nobody would give a shit if he died in their universe.

Oi cunt you don't know shit about Boomer. Digger done survived Apokalips you better recognize I swear I cut ya

Yeah but you have Katana who has a magic sword already. I'd rather have the number 2 or 3 best shooting guy than her.

None of this sounds more useful than the knife throwing and explosives.

How are you getting wi fi in Belle Reve, Crocodile Dundee?

Amanda Waller's exact words are, "He has no powers, but he's dealt with metahumans."

They literally tell you this in the movie. Did you not watch it or something?

I liked Jai Courtney's Boomerang a lot but I couldn't imagine him really taking on the Flash. Maybe it'd be different with the rest of the Rogues.

But this version was too realistic. I enjoyed him within context of the movie (aside from the absolutely retarded bit where he ran away from the Squad, then came back to return not five minutes later, which was just fucking stupid) but I couldn't imagine him actually being a threat to the Flash.

Maybe if they gave him more powerful boomerangs next time.

He took down a speedster in the second issue of John Ostrander's run.

The only villains in his rogue's gallery that can match up the Flash are Mirror Master, Grodd, and evil Speedsters. Everyone else is just quizmaster fodder.

And Storm can snuff out stars but you don't see that happening in 99% of X-Men comics.

Normal comic Boomer is basically Australian James Bond with a boomerang gimmick.

No he has no powers, but plenty of superheros/villians don't. Batman obviously.

Movie Boomer dosen't have the hidden intellect or crazy trick boomerangs. He's a bit more physically stong, but that's a very poor tradeoff. Robbing every bank in Australia dosen't make him sound incredible, it makes Australia sound stupid.