youtube.com/watch?v=XM42M2ab70w
torsononline.com/hobbies/timelord/timelord.pdf
torsononline.com/hobbies/timelord/journies.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=zSwTqTEoIz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder that this exists

reminder that this exists

Can you expand on your thoughts on the 50th, I'm intrigued

>Prototype mk1 Capaldi/spirit of Hartnell is not "my unimaginably dark and evil past" material, though.

As, I should add, you said in .

Best companion coming through.

Who's that woman in the foreground, next to the best companion?

Run you clever girl, and be the Doctor

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=-3Pw5nvn6DU

Run you clever girl, off a cliff

rude

karen a shit

Don't care.

Michael Rooker Doctor when?

My thoughts are entirely based on hearing detailed recaps from friends who could still be bothered with the show at that point, and a few clips, but basically, the War Doctor's job once he turns up as a character is to take the attitude to our NuDocs that a classic Doctor might have taken, (without having to take the genuine risk of having Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy voice those sentiments).

It's making an opportunity out of a problem - McGann or Eccelston wouldn't have been able to take that approach, but having him be the X Doctor or 0 Doctor, someone who is the person but not the character, means he can say this stuff. It seems like it was playing on Moffat's mind that he wasn't really writing the show as it had been, and he wants to claim its entire history - where's the joy in writing a show created in 2005 to use existing IP to sell toys and give the BBC populist leverage at charter renewal time?* - so his time as showrunner has been marked and sometimes disfigured by various attempts to suture Doctor Who 2005- to the otherwise-unrelated 20th century children's programme of the same title. Soon afterwards, we get Capaldi, intended both as the return of various elements of the 1963-1989 character, and as a retconning of that character's nature. There's a kind of chronological imperialism about this - Moffat playing Time Lord.

This will come to a head with the use of Bradley's (not very accurate) Hartnell imitation to deny history itself. At least RTD knew that saying "Doctor Who was always as big as this in its heart" was sales patter.

*- Charter renewal time, for any American readers who don't know, is when the BBC are at risk of ceasing to exist - they have to make the case for their continued existence and merit to the British government, who then give them clearance to continue operating. Most of the organisation's split personality issues can be attributed to pre-renewal jitters.

She wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

>My thoughts are entirely based on hearing detailed recaps from friends who could still be bothered with the show at that point
Have you not seen the 50th?

Also have I had a conversation with you about deconstructions vs reconstructions before?

Thanks for replying indepth to me b t w, I appreciate it. I also like your phrasing of 'chronological imperialism'

No, I couldn't stomach it.

I'm not sure, what was said in the conversation?

Cool, it's good to have a real exchange on here. Thanks!

Doctor Who fans are cucks
If you are a Doctor Who fan you are a cuck
Doctor Who fan = Cuck
Don't be a cuck

Are there other "big" eps of the show you haven't watched, for similar reasons?

Ah probably wasn't you, just talked with someone with similar sentiment about Moffat's treatment of the show before.

I suspect Chibnall won't reference Classic Who a tenth as much as Moffat so I expect these discussions won't be as much a present thing in future. But if the show keeps going, one day there may be a NeoMoffat doing stuff like this to NewWho lore. An amusing thought.

Lots of people are saying we will get a male companion. I want an attractive female companion.

I hate Sup Forums

This

Why so nasty?

I hate cucks like you user
Fucking cucks should fucking kill themselves
Pathetic cuck scum

Samefag

Fuck off cuck

Nah sorry hun

Hola Reddit

>Reddit
Cuck detected
Don't try and pass everyone who calls you a cuck off as Reddit
You are a cuck whether you like or admit it or not
Fuck you Doctor Who fans
Fucking retarded cuckboys

Chris Chibnall wears a fucking toupee, which he also dyes.

No wonder he cast a female Doctor.

I AM DONE WITH THIS SHITSHOW.

I basically stopped watching years ago, I just catch the odd twenty minutes here and there, usually less. I watched most of Heaven Sent.

What were they saying? The idea of "deconstruction vs. reconstruction" sounds interesting.

Hopefully, Chibnall will drop all those references. I hope Doctor Who doesn't last another fifty years beyond a kind of Mandrake the Magician "unaccountably, this still exists" level.

In short, he's a cuck

>Chris Chibnall wears a fucking toupee, which he also dyes.

I hope this is true, that would be hilarious.

Holy fuck - how many threads do we have running at the mo?

Technically three? I think this is the only active one, however

People start them as soon as the bump limit is hit, although I'm not sure why, cos most of us have a tab open on this thread permanently, and it's not like most of Sup Forums is interested in seeing what happens with it.

>it's true

I liked Clara, and don't understand the hate for her. But she's not my favourite.

What was the last era you enjoyed?

Well I was arguing for how the concept of reconstruction works - break something down, examine it, build it back up but with the knowledge of how it works, so the reassembling of it feels validated (easiest pop culture example is probably something like Christian Bale's Batman movies, they take apart all the on-the-face silly elements of a bat superhero then put it together in a way that works and feels validating). They were arguing that reconstruction inherently never works because...well t b h I never quite understood their point, something about how writers write for different audiences.

>I hope Doctor Who doesn't last another fifty years
I M O there will definitely be stuff like novels/audios/fan forums for many decades but I've no clue how long the show has left. TV itself is changing so much. Interesting times. But the show was cancelled and revived once, can always happen again.

Yeah it's weird

Also, thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=XM42M2ab70w

This doesn't bode well. He looks twenty years older with the toup. He looks like a football manager. The manager of Lazytown United. I'm glad he's got a writers' room going.

To be fair to Chibs, he hated this costume design and rightly so.

>To be fair to Chibs, he hated this costume design and rightly so.
No he didn't

Episode was still shitre.

If you squint a little, this guy looks like Moffat.

>Chris Chibnall wears a fucking toupee, which he also dyes.

I never stopped enjoying it, but I had never enjoyed *most* of it since it came back. What it had to be in order to exist prevented it from being really interesting, so eventually I checked out.

I don't recall talking about that, but we may have done. I think the idea of deconstructing in those terms is pretty pointless because nobody who didn't like Batman before will be convinced by Nolan doing it. To me, dark Batman is sillier than Adam West Batman, because the latter knows what it's really for and the former doesn't. Also, there's a pomposity. Thinking that something's more serious if you do it realistically is completely wrong. More sophistication is required to let plastic be plastic. Popular culture has a specific set of social purposes and when it goes beyond them, it is harrassing its audience, refusing to let them have a life. I've written on here about how horrific I find the moment where Bradley's Hartnell sees Matt Smith across the console from him - a moment which the drama presents as somehow justifying Hartnell's *life*.

If the person you spoke with said anything like this, it may have been me.

>people will unironically watch a female dr.

JUST

Chris Chibnall's wig sees all

At least Briggs is proud of his baldness.

Chris "I wear a wig now, wigs are cool" Chibnall has quite possibly destroyed the show with this casting decision.

Last thread someone mentioned Doctor Who themed DnD. I dunno if they were trying to play online, but there is a Doctor Who tabletop game:

torsononline.com/hobbies/timelord/timelord.pdf
torsononline.com/hobbies/timelord/journies.pdf

OK Ian Levine

Briggs is THE biggest cuck in all of Doctor Who

>there are people who think that this is a significant change to the show and anyone will care
The show's only got a few years left anyway, but it was happening. If anyone the novelty of a woman Doctor might extend its life a couple years.

>biggest cuck
>not Lawrence Miles

Chris Chibnall is a cuck
Cuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuck

Mark Gatiss has just confirmed at SDCC that he will be guest starring in this year's Christmas Special! Who he will be playing is still unknown...

It's been described that his character is "wonderful" and "resonant of Doctor Who."

We might laugh at his shit about Drashigs, but Briggs has a career doing what he loves while being close friends with most of the Doctor Who alumni, while Miles is a bitter fat man who spends most of his time playing with Legos and My Little Pony dolls.

That's awful, I thought we were finally rid of that prick.

Christ, Levine. You're not taking the whole female Doctor thing ell, are you?

No it won't. Chris Chibnall's wig is a future incarnation of Michael Grade sent back in time. It controls Chris Chibnall's thoughts and actions. Chris Chibnall's wig - Michael Grade incarnate - has programmed Chris Chibnall to cancel the show. Chris Chibnall's wig has ensured the show's destruction.

It is the final act of calculated vengeance.

Hi Nicholas Briggs, from Big Finish.

>"One small thing for a thing. One enormous thing for a thingy-thing."

He wasn't even receding that badly. What the hell? This thing looks ridiculous.

Prove that I'm wrong, user. Prove that a guy married with a son is a bigger cuck than a grown man who watches Bagpuss.

Ian Chesterton

>Courtney
>Danny Pink
Series 8 is so hard to love.

I hope Chibnall's wig pitches in and writes some stories

tfw ecclescakes fucks up your 50th

A real man embraces male pattern baldness. Toupees/implants just look obvious and thus make the individual look insecure and desperate.

I think Chris Chibnall's wig will need a page on the wiki

Who are the biggest cucks in Doctor Who? Because I'm gonna nominate Derrick Sherwin. Produced 2 GOAT stories, only to drop off and make nothing of worth after, and in his later years bitches about how he created the Brigadier even though Haisman and Lincoln did.

Does this man look like a creative person?

To anyone?

Rory Williams

Name my band

>new doctor is only female
>still white
>still cishet

ugggh

You mean the wigi.

Tbh I can't tell what's worse the wig or the blue framed glasses that he looks like he stole them from some primary school's librarian.

Exactly. Unless you're Steven Seagal.

'The Three Stages Of Hair Loss'

Is this the birth of a new epic meme?

i was just going to adapt 5e rules with some custom races, classes and equipment - it shouldn't take me too long to figure stuff out. when i get a campaign written i'll see about who all wants to play. i already have a discord set up.

He bought a wig after getting the best news of his career. This is the action of a boy lost in a world of men.

Chibnall needs to hook Gatiss up with a wig

fantastic! I suppose that means I have to actually figure out how to use discord

It doesn't inspire confidence. But then, nor did anything else about him.

youtube.com/watch?v=zSwTqTEoIz4

Andrew Cartmel
>hyped up for making Classic Who good again in its last 2 years.
>involved in some mysterious masterplan that would have totally saved the show if you kept on making it
>when VNAs come out and you're given the chance, none of your books are particularly memorable and do nothing with that supposed masterplan
>Cartmel Masterplan gets thrown out in favor of Time's Champion arc
>when BF finally gives you the chance to produce and write your fabled Season 27, it turns out to be mediocre and hints that the Cartmel era would have crashed if it continued

oh u

Stephen Fry "cuckolded" himself out of a spot in RTD's era by being too neurotic about his shitty script

The Kino Neutrino

a-apologise?

i'm interested. haven't done it before. there's absolutely not any existing /who/ discords, not at all, not in the slightest, so good thing you made one

fuck you cloister

it's just a better, lighter version of skype. make an account, click a server link someone gives you, and that's it.

ease up on cloister prime, he just made some bantz about chibnall

>the guy who sexualized cybermen and cast a woman doctor also has hair implants and wears 'trendy' blue glasses

IT JUST WRITES ITSELF