Why did Sup Forums get behind Ron Paul a few years ago?

His ideological position is the complete opposite of Trump. How did Sup Forums manage to go from supporting a libertarian candidate to supporting a semi-authoritarian nationalist?

What was it about Ron Paul that Sup Forums liked? His non-intervention policy? His proposed legalization of marijuana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6vUriGG7UxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He seemed like he was genuinely somewhere on the autistic spectrum, too.

Because we fucking lost

because he was not a mainstream republican. Kinda the same reason why we like Trump.

Lost what?

What was his stance on immigration? Did he go full-libertarian-retard and advocate free movement?

The election dumbass

He was that years meme candidate.

projection feeels soooo goood

Memes.

he was fine meme material, nothing like Trump though yet I still prefer the Ron Paul days

Basically this

Because he said we shouldn't give foreign aid to Israel.

>Sup Forums is one person

Good to know all you faggots never wanted liberty.

still the funniest meme to come off of this board

I liked him... but he did have somewhat sperg-like mannerisms. His awkward laughter, delayed responses and fake, over-the-top emotions.

all hail TRUMP to stop that syphilitic hilldog

time for a real change

i would guess that most of Sup Forums knows trump's an idiot, and that's why they're hoping he'll win. his dumb ass is almost assured to cause an epic happening between superstates lol.
that's also why former berniebitches are planning on voting for him; they're like "fuck it, let's just watch it all come crashing down" lol.
all ofd humanity is collectively losing its shit. i'm just enjoying the show.

Distrust of the Federal Reserve, isolationist desires, causing maximum panic among the NWO.

It makes a lot of sense, actually.

>2011-2012
>Ron Paul attracts a lot of attention
>Republican party shits all over him
>Blatantly ignored by the media to the point that even Jon Stewart thought it was unfair
>Sup Forums grows bitter over the """"""""""""""conservative"""""""""""""" media and the Republican party

>2015
>Trump comes along and shits all over the people that shat over Ron Paul
>Neither the media nor the GOP can stop him the way they tried to stop Trump
>He completely shafts their intentions for this election

So, part schadenfreude, part "enemy of my enemy," part revenge, part dank memes.

I don't get it. I'm non-American and wasn't particularly engaged in that election. Explain, plz.

Because he wasn't a globalist puppet, and fully intended to uncuck the country.

Same reason we like Trump. Although in an ideal world we would have Ron Paul, since Trump isn't nearly hardcore enough. The Income tax and IRS really do need to be abolished. Such a huge amount of the federal government has no legal right to exist.

agreed

Sup Forums got gentrified by the cuckservatives

He hated the Fed (wants to audit them) and favored non intervention policies. This angers the jew. It was love at first sight.

It was really shitty a few months ago that one of the MSM outlets actually called him on for an interview and tried baiting him into bad mouthing Trump.

Instead he said "This isn't what we should be talking about, we should be talking about preserving personal liberty"

easy

Ron Paul gave up
Donald Trump will not

What Ron Paul & Trump have in common is that they were the only two non-Neo Cons in the Republican field when they ran

Though I prefer a Nativist over a Libertarian, I'd much rather a Libertarian over a fucking Neo Con

Before, we didn't have a problem that needed an authoritarian to sort out. Now, thanks to Obama and company stirring up a shitstorm here and in the middle east, throwing open the gates, and taking our trade deals from bad to suicidal, we do. The time for just leaving things alone has passed, we need to actively tackle this shit or we're toast.

Real trollsters never forgot!

it started out as just an exaggerated troll meme partly mocking Ron Paul's own over the top manners

so much this

Freedom is too good to be sabotaged by toxic and dangerous lefties.

Ron was passive. Genuine nice guy, like how I think Bernie is a genuine nice guy. Bernie's policies were all kinds of fucked and he totally played his voters kek, but he seemed nice at least.

But neither are what we need right now. Trump is. Trump is nationalistic and angry.

He embodies what Americans should feel, albeit maybe a little less so. He is what this country needs right now.

Ron Paul is like Marcus Aurelius, he's the guy you want when things are salvageable -- a true statesman. Trump is like George Patton, he's the guy you want when the enemy completely surrounds you and morale is low.

>Did you ever hear the tragedy of Ron Paul the Principled? I thought not. It's not a story the Establishment would tell you. It's a Libertarian legend. Ron Paul was an honest politician, so honest and so principled he was swept under the rug by the media to conceal his ideas... He had such a knowledge of US Corruption that he could even attack military intervention from a conservative perspective. Unfortunately, he taught his Son everything he knew, then his son sold him out to Romney in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from corrupt politicians but not himself.

>Is it possible to harness this anti-establishment rhetoric?

>Not from a Bush.

Ron Paul was Julius Caesar, he was a great man who lit the torch at the cost of himself

Trump is Augustus Caesar, forged by the past, and he has come to avenge the death of Ron Paul with an Iron fist.

Same reason we are behind Trump. He isn't part of the establishment corruption.

They both don't like the Federal Reserve

very inspirational posts lads

Ron Paul wanted to stop corruption in the US Gov, so the Media and the Establishment fucked him over so that they could keep the status quo

>Tfw There will never be a Trump/Paul ticket

Why do I have this enormous feel

Le happening man was a good meme. He reminded me of my grandpa and I genuinely liked his meek character and Don Quiote -style of insane fight against Neocons and other death dealers.

But then again, Ron Paul is widely known as the Captain Crazy Pants. The guy was fucking nuts in the end. Just like Hercules in the Greek myth was ultimately a madman who killed his children and wife

Because Sup Forums back then was indoctrinated with shills and death cult worship. Looking back to the support of policies RP upheld is the mirror of the past Sup Forums that many of you need to stare deep into and realize how far you've been lead stray.

desu it's because the american elections are so hopeless, you're stuck between two people who will absolutely, without a doubt, fuck you over and only care about money and have no relation or interest in the middle or working classes.

RP was a good candidate and he wasn't even riled up by the media, they just straight up tried to pretend he didn't exist. They wouldn't even pan the camera on him during debates sometimes.

>i think ron paul might have a good chance at being in trumps cabinet

Most of the old Sup Forums left for 12minus4 chan when moot began his censorship campaign

Did he start censorship because of the jewish stuff?

because of gaymer gate

thats why you still cant post "eight" "chan" without your post being flagged as spam is guess Hiroshima hasnt fixed it yet

Ideology, the happening and the profit to be made from Ron Paul coin.

Same as Trump
GUNZ-N-BORDERS

>complete opposite

Not at all. Same on the things we care about, opposite on the stuff we don't care about.

That was beautifully put

They're identical on the important issues tard.

Strong borders, non-interventionist foreign policy, central bank skepticism.

oh I forgot, GUNZ-N-BORDERS-N-NONINTERVENTIONIST

Are you getting the jist yet?

>keep the brown menace at bay, don't want to have to finance my own destruction
>don't use my money to kill them either
>p.s. LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE

Trump like Ron Paul before him is the only hope of that happening. on social issues he's "leave it up to the states, and don't fund it"

Most people from Sup Forums still support Ron Paul, they're just hyping who's relevant right now.

I lost my respect for him when he mocked a dead veteran, not even one who opposed him or did anything

Pretty much this. The memes were just an added bonus.

Trump hinted at hating brown people. That's all pol needs in a candidate. Everything else is mental gymnastics

He is anti-immigration and voted for a fence

Paul's ideals are perfect for a country of civilized people, but first we need a Trump to keep law breakers out and block globalist trade deals and reinforce the Constitution. Also this

>because he was not a mainstream republican. Kinda the same reason why we like Trump

^^This 100%^^

We just wanted a candidate that was not 100% in the pocket of Kike bankers and people like Soros

There's plenty of things I dislike about Trump... but do you know why I am behind him primarily?

Because he is NOT a lifelong politician... but more importantly, his ego and need to do things "biggest/best" are what we need right now.

We've been hammered with this global equality lie and need to get back to ass-kicking exceptionalism... while chewing bubble-gum.
>song related
youtube.com/watch?v=6vUriGG7UxM

What is he up to now? Is he and his son still in politics?

To some extent Ron Paul was meme-tier. He was also anti-establishment and went against the grain. I think Sup Forums just likes to root for the underdog.

Things were different then.

they both go on with rhetoric against the European aristocrats who think they own this country

even if they're just there to herd the rabble

Because we assumed too much of our countrymen.

^this. I do this everyday I wake up.