Can someone explain this whole 3 joker thing?

is it just like in endgame when they wanted us too believe Joker was immortal?

They haven't explained it yet. Read Batman #9 which, I believe, comes out in October or November.

Johns is a retards, but is a retard with lots of power and that is friends with Snyder, so he pushed the idea and now everyone has to deal with this.

The characters he likes can go back to normality, but the ones that he doesnt care about need to live under new52 shit like this. Its a terrible idea that wasnt needed.

Pretty much means exactly that. There's been three jokers. It hasn't been the same guy this whole time seems to be the implication.

>the world greatest detective haven't noticed the different faces betwen the 3 jokers after several run ins over several years
there is no way they can make this canon. it's just another meme like the cut off face joker and the eternal joker

They must be from different earths/dimensions

There's no other way this can be pulled off

So what, is it golden age joker, modern joker, and Snyder joker?

If the chair knew why didnt he ask it what who they were?

Okay, not much of a comic fan so I'm curious: Why is this revelation so bad?

I'm sure this will be either retconed and/or used very poorly but desu I'm sick and tired of Joker's "hazy backstory because he must be a force of nature" bullshit.

What's so fucking bad about giving him a backstory that sticks? What does it honestly changes about the character as a whole? I never find the mystery of his origin to be the appealing about Joker, but rather what he does in the present so why is DC so fucking afraid of just do it?

Hell, I'd have accepted the immortality thing because it could have at least been SOMETHING. But of course, it was written poorly and they were too afraid to go with it all the way.

But maybe that's just me.

Why haven't all three Jokers worked together to KILL Batman?

It will probably be revealed that the chair didn't mean that there's 3 different people as Jokers (ie. there was the first one, he died, somebody took his place, or something like that), just that because of timeline/earth condensing fucker-y, that the reason Joker was so drastically different in the nu52 timeline is because shit got condensed and basically smashed two older versions of Joker into the nu52 Joker's history. Then it'll probably be what helps push Bruce into looking more into what Superdad and White Wally have been saying about timelines, and that'll move it into him looking more into the greater threat of Dr. Manhattan.

Expect a cop-out of some kind, is what I'm saying.

Golden/Silver Age, Pre-nu52, nu52.

>"I just thought it was different art styles"
>revealed that Batman knew he was in a comic book this whole time
>his plot armor becomes a literal superpower
>doesn't believe in killing villains because he knows it's futile/knows killing popular villains risks losing readership and with it the destruction of his universe

This is what passes for good writing in comics these days, right?, much better than fun adventure stories, it's "meta," I'm just like Grant Morrison but he never came up with this, did he? DC pay me now

Nobody is talented or creative enough to come up with something that sticks.

Did you read Rebirth #1

There are three jokers acting at the same time

I'm okay with it. I think it'll make the Batman comics stop treating Joker as an Omega-level threat so he'll show up more.

It'll be retconned later anyways so might as well have fun with it.

Morrison already did that with Animal Man, nice try bro.

they tried some origins but the major one ends up being a Red Hood tie in. He's meant to just represent Batman's fight against psychos in general that blew way out of proportion.

We are all anons that post on Sup Forums... WE NEVER LEARNED TO READ!

Y tho

>Batman has never noticed before that the Joker is out doing crimes while imprisoned in Arkham at the same time
They fucked up right off the bat.

lol

>Why is this revelation so bad?
It makes bruce looks like a retard (probably what johns wanted)

>people actually believed they would make joker immortal
seriously, how retarded can you be

because a 75 year old franchise needs new ideas to keep it exciting and interesting

honestly as dumb as it is I can appreciate they're trying to go new directions with their characters. Its keeping me interested at least

is a hell of alot more resonable/bettet than there being three jokers and "the worlds greatest detective" never noticing it

I'll just leave this here, since the other thread got deleted. #TylerDurden

Didn't we find out at some point that villains like joker and even the batman himself are just the result of some kind of hellmouth under Gotham that makes everything shitty there no matter what happens?

The thing is, Bats is a little nuts himself. A little more so when it comes to the Joker.

What if it turns out the Joker is an extraterrestrial and there's a whole race of him?

That's been hinted at in a lot of spoopy Batman stories forever.
They usually don't commit to anything definitively in order to keep Gotham all mysterious.
That used to be the strategy with Joker, but I guess they're all about demystifying him now.
That's silly.

Killer klowns/batman crossover when?

The Arkham games, I believe, pretty much imply it. And in Earth One you see on a map that Gotham is built in a Lovecraftian spiral shape, as if ritual. And in Gotham they are heavily playing up the spoopy 'everything is bound' and the Joker being vaguely supernatural in nature.

Plus, image related.

>Earth One you see on a map that Gotham is built in a Lovecraftian spiral shape, as if ritual
gibsmedat source.

>Gotham's Rage
I only ever played Asylum and City, Asylum one of my favorite games to come out in a long time. Couldn't stomach them after city cause they quickly became cash ins.

But this kind of thing is really cool to me. Something I loved about those games.

I watch this at least once a year. Fantastic movie.

The Arkham family house, where everyone went mad, and later a serial killer of children, is right at the heart.

>three jokers in this picture

Holy shit

>That hand/card symmetry
>Joker's uniform is the same color as Batman's suit
>The shadow on Joker's shoulders matches Batman's cape
>Batman's face and white eyes with Joker's white face and darkened eyes like a yin yang
>A Jack and a Joker

Shit, this is such a great picture when you sit down and look at it.

Now storytime that shit

Sorry mang, off to bed shortly, and then off to see Suicide Skwad with my bros when I wake up. Plus, it's two trades long at this point and I'm not CAPTCHA proof.

Buy the trades. They aren't too pricey and are worth owning.

Ok, rest up for your DC Expendables/SyFy channel movie. I might check out those trades later when I get time to trek up to Houston next week.

What's the titles, issue numbers?

Not sure about the issue numbers, I never collected the floppies, but the titles are pretty simple. It's literally just Batman - Earth One volume 1 & 2.

>tfw you have insomnia, it's 10pm and you still haven't slept yet.

Oh, yeah, it's going to be a barrel of laughs. On the upside, whatever I dream while asleep during the movie might actually be better than the film.

Don't worry, the Doctor will see you shortly

Sweet dreams

So Batpool?

Right, because there are no immortals running around the dcu. Nope none at all.