Watched this and JJ

And don't really see the appeal of these Netflix shows. There fighting literately gangs and ninjas while AoS is stopping nukes and alien take overs. Ooooo scary guy has a gun. Why do people like these heroes who just punch hard and fight goobers.

>why do people like these characters in their own environments that feel separate but connected to the main world taking on threats closer to their pay grade
>what's the appeal of someone being a legit fucking hero (DD) or a terrible person (JJ)
Gee OP, bait?

Street level heroes matter too

all small scale crime is handled pretty easily by the government user
oooh mobsters and ninjas, a charming guy in a purple suit
SWAT teams would fuck them up
AoS is way cooler than these Netflix shows

#allherosmatter

You must be 18 or older to post here.

AoS sucks you fucking retard.

>Why watch Dredd when we have Age of Ultron?

I hope you understand how stupid you sound. If you cant see the appeal of street level heroes actively protecting the people of their city by taking on threats larger than themselves without going as silly as world ending scenarios then you might have autism.

Get checked out.

why don't they just call the FBI to handle everything
it's not even AoS tier

There isn't any. They're badly shot and poorly executed pieces of shit, but they have a Cargo Cult-like obsession with The Wire which lets people convince themselves that they're watching something decent.

They're also based on characters that are hugely popular amongst preteens so you get a pretty good cross section of underageb&s who pretend they're smart while watching a show about a ninja in pajamas and a literal murderer

This tbqh

Either you're baiting super hard or you're just really autistic...

>They're also based on characters that are hugely popular amongst preteens

Because of good writing/pacing/dirction?

Admittedly JJ lost its luster half way through due to focusing on the same menacing villain that was built up and then became a recurring gag, but all 2 seasons of DD were awesome and I look forward to Powerman and Iron Fist

I know this is bait, but JJ is a legitimate piece of shit.
It's a character-driven story with every character being either bland or mis and psychological thriller with no good thriller in it at all

>menacing villain
I know this is Sup Forums and standards are low, but holy shit.

*bland or mistake being an asshole for complexity

or the shows suck and there's no justification besides that fat dude from the one war movie acting autistic
AoS is way better
Ward was more menacing than the Punisher

>Ooooo scary guy has a gun.
As if scary men with guns arent the real scariest problem with the world. What are you rambling about?

I'm not baiting, I just binged all three shows on Netflix and Agents was the only actually entertaining one
the other ones felt like parodies or something
they were like Arrow with better camera work

>I'm not baiting I'm just terminally retarded

>Why watch Dredd when we have Age of Ultron?
To be fair they're both shit. If you wanted to use an actually good comparatively low-key comic adaptation, you could've just mentioned History of Violence.

I'm OP and Ghost World best comic book movie, followed by Road to Perdition

These shows are far from perfect but if your reason for disliking them is that there weren't enough aliens and explosions there's no hope for you.

JJ was shit though

Where does Sin City fall on that list?

>who cares about these heroes who punch hard fighting gangs when the Avengers are stopping nukes

That's like saying "who cares about the Avengers saving one planet when the Guardians of the Galaxy are stopping comic-level threats?"

it's above From Hell, Bulletproof Monk and Mystery Men
it's like 30 Days of Nights, Constantine and Hellboy
but Whiteout, RED, Art School Confidential

Men in Black(og) and The Mask (og) are god tier

meant to say last three are better too

ooooooo I got trips
I'm telling the truth everybody listen to me

>Ooooo

>Dredd
>Shit

C'mon man. It might not have reinvented the wheel in any way shape or form, but he wheel that it was, was a damn good wheel.

This thread was a mistake

>ward was more menacing thaN Frank the Frank

B8it, my guys

You're stupid.

Speaking of DD season 2.
You know who could've been really menacing?
Nesbitt.
I mean, sure he's a cannon fodder character to showcase Punisher's badassery but in what brief moments he appeared, his actor definitely sold the "I will kill you if you cross me" feeling. With the right material the guy could've been as scary as a pissed-off real-life mob boss could be.

who?

Irish mob boss Punisher gunned down in the first episode. His actor was great.
Oh, and the character is from Punisher MAX, even though he's dead by the time of the arc.

>a charming guy in a purple suit
The police didn't even believe he existed.

agreed, reading this made me dumb