Who wins? assuming we're talking first movie versions

who wins? assuming we're talking first movie versions

harley wins with a wicked sense of humor

ends in danceoff between star-lord and harley.

Guardians hands down, perfectly well structured film that explored the characters depth and balance

Suicide squad was just a meh all over and teenage cosplay bait for normies. Felt pretty rushed desu senpai

I'm talking in a fight. it's obvious guardians was better.

will smith would win the meme off

Assuming Enchantress is on the team? Squad.
Even then Diablo could go full on mayan fire skeleton and burn Groot to ash.

Squad wins easy

Groot is basically an I win button for the Guardians. Plus they have superior tech and a goddamn space ship.

Then I would just have to say SS, DC characters are to over powered and unrealistic

>unrealistic
>when talking about a humanoid shark, a space-experimented raccoon, a sentient tree, a mayan burning skeleton, and a woman with a magic soul-stealing sword

Mayan fire skeleton>Tree man.
Groot ain't shit if he's completely burnt to ash, no twigs remaining

You have to look at it this way
>random ayy lmaos with no super abilities besides being strong and smart
>meta humans, supernatural powers, absurd mutations.
In a way marvel tries to make it believable and not too OP

here's how I'd break it down
>gamora vs katana: katana has the edge in weaponry, but I'd give the fight to gamora because alien and bionic enhancements
>drax vs killer croc: I'd give it to drax because he has similar strength but more combat training
>groot vs diablo: diablo wins
>star lord vs harley: battle of the memes, could go either way
>deadshot vs rocket: depends on if deadshot can get to long-range because close-midrange rocket DESTROYS

>Shark

I always get king shark and killer croc confused.

Hmm.

to be fair, I read a chunk of the new 52 SS, and in both that and the assault on arkham movie, it's king shark on the team, not killer croc

They should've done KS instead to be honest.

KS was going to be in but it required too much CG in Ayer and WBs opinion
Crocs never actually been on the Squad

>that explored the characters depth and balance
I get that the movie is fun, but it's endlessly pathetic that you people think this. The most development that any character had was basically just them telling a quick story about how they had no friends, and when they got together at the end of the second act, the forging of their friendship consisted of NOTHING but them sitting in a circle and saying "OKAY NOW WE'RE BEST FRIENDS". Honestly, for as much as an awful mess that it was, Suicide Squad explored character depth and motivation better than Guardians.

The movie is fun and entertaining, but let's not pretend it's a masterpiece.

>WB can't do what CW did.

>Groot is basically an I win button for the Guardians. Plus they have superior tech and a goddamn space ship.
Are we talking by the end of the SS movie or the beginning? Because I feel like whether the guy who can shoot massive flames out of his hands is involved in the fight has dramatic significance, especially what another user pretty aptly called a "win button"
on the other team is a giant tree. So I'll say that if It's ending Suicide Squad, Guardians take it, but if it's beginning of the movie squad, they've got a shot.

Space guns are better than Earth guns, so probably the Guardians

Assuming Groot works like a real tree, with water running through his system, he might not burn so well and could probably just implale Diablo before he got the chance. I'm thinking when Groot takes out all those soldiers in the hallway near the end of Guardians.
Also, again, space ship

You shouldn't be reading capeshit if you care about realism. It's retarded all over.

>Also, again, space ship
Right. I was giving the Suicide Squad a bit more of a level playing field of "Just powers and the normal gear on the teams", but yeah, if we include everything they're likely to have, The Guradians can just fire on thim from out of range and the protection of a highly advanced space ship.

Can't impale a skeleton, assuming Diablo goes all out.
We also don't exactly know how Diable dies(if he can) outside of his god form.

Couldn't the Guardians just shoot them all from space?

I fucking hated that "true companions" bullshit.

Overall, I liked the movie, but I think it made a lot of major mistakes. The movie never really needed to go in that direction.

>unrealistic
Spotted the Nolan fag

Do the Guardians have that big gun they built at the end of the movie? How about the power stone? Did Will Smith take Peters walkman?

>comparing adventure with action
both were good in their own merit

please read threads before you post

I'm a big fan of the "show, don't tell" approach, and all GotG did was tell us. It told us these characters had difficult pasts (literally, Rocket had a single throwaway line where he breaks down and suddenly has a mental problem about being a lab experiment), and then it told us that they were all somehow best friends forever. This wouldn't annoy me so much, but it was immediately followed by legions of casuals and tumblrinas exclaiming "THIS is how you do character building! OMG so touching!!!", just because all they can compare this shit to in their heads are OTHER capeshit films, which usually have little-to-no relationship building in the first place.

I agree, GotG was a very fun movie, but it played it super-safe, and made a ton of mistakes, but then got championed as a risky, subversive masterpiece by the cancer that is modern nerd culture.

SS can't even beat the Defenders

Groot can Solo the Squad

But let's say Gamora kills Katana and Harley

Groot kills Croc

Drax kills Boomer

Deadshot kills Starlord, but can't solo the rest of the guardians

Rocket kills Flag

Okay? I didn't like GotG much.

Hell I probably like SS more, I just fucking hated that "We're family now!" bullshit they tried to force in just because GotG did it.

Devil trips!

Forgot Diablo does a number on Groot before going full Demon and get blown up just like in the movie But by a Rocket bomb this time

And THAT is why Marvel has won the war, absolutely and unconditionally.

Skwad has much better characters and imagery, but Guardians was actually able to release untouched.

Guardians wins since it's an actual movie and not the corpse of one.

marveldrones are barely sentient

>The most development that any character had was basically just them telling a quick story about how they had no friends, and when they got together at the end of the second act, the forging of their friendship consisted of NOTHING but them sitting in a circle and saying "OKAY NOW WE'RE BEST FRIENDS"
Whelp you didn't watch the fucking movie, the only reason why they even came together was not out of comradity but a common enemy and the only character that actually learns about the benefit of friendship is Drax because that was the whole crux of his development in the movie everyone else just didn't want to kill one another by the end (hell the movie even lamboons the "friendship" shit in the third act)
>Suicide Squad explored character depth and motivation better than Guardians.
None of the cast actually developed and most of them didn't even need to be there. The friendship bullshit is even more tacked on because none of the characters actually have time to grow. And to further shit on your stupid comment; Slipknot

I'm so fucking happy that you contrarian dumbfucks are in the minority

>Skwad has much better characters and imagery

Deadshot shoots Meme Lord dead
Katana cut up Drax and steal his soul
Digger bangs Gamora
El Diablo burns the squirrel
Harley, Croc and Flag chill

"time to grow"

they had two hours, lol

they went from beating up prison guards and being beaten back, to having a drink with them and getting some nicer treatment

You forgot Groot. Diablo would beat him easily, though.
I don't think a fight between them would go like how you said, but I definitely think the Squad could beat movie GotG. Comic version, on the other hand.

SS, diablo and enchantress are pretty op

If Enchantress is with SS, them hands down, if she isn't, it's probably still then.

Depends.
How good are Deadshot's dance moves?

Have you not seen any of Will Smith's music videos?

Guardians is fun but they also changed the characters so much they barely are the characters anymore

>t.disnigger

> Karen Gillan > Karen Fukuhara >> Robbie > Davis > Delevinge > Zoe Saldana >

God this is retarded. True he looks great Cgiwise in The Flash.
But they could have just done pretty much exactly what Stan Winston did for Peter Benchly's Creature...

If there was a crossover the Guardians would win because they're actually good guys and good triumphs over evil.

Also, isn't Gamora like ridiculously OP in the comics? The only thing I've read with her in it was the Infinity Saga and I read that FUCKING AGES ago. But I seem to remember her being pretty badass.

>What's my motivation?
>You're a shark.
>I know, but give me an example of how i should play this.
>Like a fucking shark.

Diablo tilts the fight too much. GotG don't have anyone of his level on the team.

That said, the tech the Guardians pack is lightyears ahead of what the Suicide Squad have, so that should count for something.

Not really.
She always called herself the deadliest woman in the universe or whatever, but the other 3 women on the team were a lot more dangerous than her.

Squad. Deadshot is too fucking good with guns. Diablo is motherfucking OP as shit when he actually fights. We all saw how fucking strong Enchantress is. Katana vs. Gamora would be an interesting fight. Croc and Drax would be a nice fight, but everyone else in the Squad would probably die.

>no rebuttal

Alrighty then

Are you fucking stupid

Drax is bulletproof, so he tanks most of them.

Rocket would find a way to blow up everyone else.

My bad. I haven't read anything with Gamora in it for a LONG fucking time.

Mainly cause I don't really care about space farring stuff from either of the big two.

Not that I dislike aliens on earth, I just don't give half a fuck about shit happening in another solar system.

Quill's gravity bombs and space ship would give the GG a massive edge.

If the Guardians got the drop on Suicide Squad?

>Rocket: "Hey, these bounties all have explosives in their heads! Can you believe that!? If only we had some kind of genius explosives and technology expert who could whip up some sort of signal to detonate all of the fucking explosives these dumbasses put in their heads! Seriously though, give me five minutes."

I feel like the Guardians fought goons tougher than the Suicide Squad AND zombies.