Ratchet and clank

what the heck this was great, why did it fail?
Disney conspiracy?
lack of marketing?
audiences don't know a good movie?

when are they gonna make a sequel?

It was sandwiched between Jungle Book and Civil War?
Weak advertising?
It's not the characters, because the PS4 tie in game sold like gangbusters.

>what the heck this was great
No it wasn't

The film was shit though. The new game however was great

I guess the Disney conspiracy really is true

It watches like a bunch of cutscenes from a video game you'd rather be playing instead.

wait, this movie came out already?
I saw all one advertisement for it and that didn't even say when it was coming out.

It was awful

Did you even watch it

Don't ask for opinions and then tell the people who respond that they're wrong. Also, what advertising?

Hey buddy I made this thread on Sup Forums a place that likes capeshit and children's shows, I guess that audience isn't in today.

Kisscartoon had a Russian dub out for a while. It was just now that KC got english.

Thank you for that non-response, very well put. Really though, underneath the sarcasm and passive aggressive crap how is that a response to my statement? Come on user try harder than that, you can do it. I'm not being sarcastic. Honestly.

Alrighty friend here is what I meant. Although this film may not be perfect, it is of the same quality of some things that people on this board enjoy, I must admit I am biased being a fan of the video game series, perhaps that is why I still see this as a salvageable light-hearted space romp that is far from awful. I don't believe you have put forth what exactly you wanted from this film?

Is that what you wanted

Technically speaking no, but we'll work with what we got.

Quality is subjective. It can be as well made as it wants, but that's not all you need to attract an audience. Ratchet and Clank is a good series and an interesting world, but it's not well known any more. At least, I don't think most posters on Sup Forums or even most other boards would be interested in it. Many aren't anything more than vaguely familiar with it because they played it as a child or heard about it on Sup Forums.

Combine that with nonexistent advertising and it's almost as if the film was meant to fail. No one cared because no one was given any kind of media attention to draw them in. It's like fishing without a hook, it's fruitless.

To condense my argument, the quality is irrelevant, good or bad there was practically no attempt to advertise this film, the series has been out of the spotlight for years, very few people are still invested in the series, especially not Sup Forums.

The games peaked somewhere in the first three games, after size matters the world all but forgot about ratchet and clank.

You have a knack for sounding passive aggressive in a 4chin post fampai desu.

>let's release the game, which 75% better than the movie, first
>specifically 2 weeks before the movie

partly advertising since i forgot it was being made and didn't know it was out until now. also its audience isn't old or young enough to care about theatre garbage as much, 20 somethings with no money use the internet to watch everything. A decently promoted, family friendly mario movie would rake millions.

Yeah, R&C hasn't been relevant since A Crack in Time.

They tired to rake in nostalgia, but they chose an IP that appeals to neither sides.

It was a really bad adaptation of the first few games' plots. Nefarious was completely unnecessary, Ratchet and Clank weren't developed well enough, there was little chemistry between characters, etc.

It's just a shit movie.

>It hasn't been relevant since its last big game.
Well no shit.

They finally have it in english!? Fuck it took them long enough

They hired the guy behind the CGI TMNT movie.

If you ever watched that film you would known he utterly sucks at pacing.

I didn't see the movie but I played the game recently and it was great.

The game literally uses scenes from the movie as cutscenes so I guess I might as well have seen it. In the case of this, I'd much rather play it than watch it.

I haven't seen the movie but I played the newest game, which to my understanding has the same basic plot of the movie.

I liked the game a lot but one of my problems with it is that it lacked the bite and edge of the first PS2 game. The first game had serious character development between the two characters: it started with them getting along, then something happened that caused Ratchet to hate and lose trust in Clank, and for a good portion he was being an asshole to Clank, until towards the end when they built trust back and became a true duo who cared about each other. The title actually felt earned because the whole story was about Ratchet and Clank as a duo. That would have been a great arc for the movie, but the game (and by extension I'm assuming the movie) has Clank as basically a non-entity. They have a one-note friendship throughout the entire story, and Clank barely has anything interesting to say and do throughout. It's pretty much a Ratchet hero story and Clank is just there because his name is in the title. It seemed like a missed opportunity.