Duck Tales Reboot Lacking Launchpad

So this is the next teaser pic for the Duck Tales Reboot. I remember Donald just being a cameo character. He'd be in maybe 2-3 episodes out of the whole series.

Where's muh Launch Pad McQuack? The only reason I can think of for him not being here is that Disney plans to reboot Darkwing Duck next, and wants to reserve Launch Pad for that series.

Europeans hate DuckTales because it's blasphemous to Carl Barks.

They're probably eliminating non-Barks characters like Launchpad to give the reboot more international appeal.

Launchpad's been confirmed already. He's probably not going to play as big a role in actual adventures, though, since he was always meant to be a Donald expy (Eisner thought Donald's voice was too goofy to hear for any lengthy exposition).

>Carl Barks
implying european children know who that is

>Europeans hate DuckTales

Yeah, I've never met a single Yerpian who likes Duck Tales. They either don't care or hate it passionately.

I think Duck Tales is just one of those American things with little to no global appeal.

>Yeah, I've never met a single Yerpian who likes Duck Tales. They either don't care or hate it passionately.

Is there a reason why they hate it? Scrooge is a Euro. And the original VA for him was a Scottish man. If they were offended by phrases like, "Bless me Bagpipes," then fuck Europe.

I recall hearing that LP is in the show, but not as much in the forefront since this Duck Tales is including Donald as a MC. In the original DT cartoons, especially when they were adapting Barks stories, Launchpad was often used as Donald's stand in since he was largely absent from the show.

>Is there a reason why they hate it?

Europe has a rich history of Duck comics and consider the DuckTales cartoon to be an American dumbing down of their media.

Duck comics still sell HUGE in parts of Europe, especially Italy. They take it very seriously over there and DuckTales is considered "too American" for their tastes.

>american education
Only one country in Europe speaks english.
And european don't hate DT, the movie even got into theaters, it just wasn't that big of a deal. We got DT-like adventures in the Disney comics years before the show.

Fine by me. I hate all those extraneous characters they added. You've got a large, fantastic well of stories to pull from without all that shit.

>>Carl Barks
>implying european children know who that is

Duck comics in Europe are like Sonic the Hedgehog comics in America.

They aren't actually read by children, but by autistic adults who obsess over them.

Most of the hatred and vitriol about DuckTales you see spewing out of Europe isn't from children, but from grown men who are on the spectrum.

>only one country in Europe speaks english

Did Ireland become part of the U.K.?

Plus, DT adapted a lot of CB stories, didn't it?

How can one person be this clueless?

>Americans thinking all Europeans dislike DT
Excuse me, but could you assburgers stop being a prejudiced faggot? We're not all the same fucking people.

>Plus, DT adapted a lot of CB stories, didn't it?

Yeah, which I think is one of the reasons Europoors are so butthurt about Duck Tales. It "ruined" the source material.

>Europe has a rich history of Duck comics

A lot of those have been translated and released in the US. And god, so many of them are utter shit.

Like those edgy, grimdark Donald Duck comics where he's either a spy or a superhero and it feels like something off of Fanfiction.net.

And they're loaded with just as many craptacular OCs that "aren't muh Barks" as the Duck Tales cartoon. Webigail was bad, Fethry is a thousand times worse.

>tl;dr Italian Duck comics are shit

>Implying it never left

Because there's no point using Launch Pad when you can just use Donald.
Donald is funnier, has family ties with Scrooge and the triplets and is objectively more famous and iconic than Launch Pad.
Quite frankly, I have no idea why the original Duck Tales got rid of Donald in the first place. Were they worried about him stealing the show from other characters or something?

>Quite frankly, I have no idea why the original Duck Tales got rid of Donald in the first place. Were they worried about him stealing the show from other characters or something?

Depending on who you ask...

>Donald's voice was too difficult for children to understand
or
>Characters like Mickey, Donald and Goofy were considered valuable icons and only to be used on "special" occasions; regular appearances on a Saturday morning cartoon would "devalue" Donald, or so Eisner believed

I dunno if there's ever been a definitive answer on which was the true reason.

>Fethry is a thousand times worse
But Fethry isn't an OC, he's an American creation that was forgotten over here but that Europeans latched onto, just like Rockerduck.

Ireland's mother language is, unsurprisingly, irish.

>Webigail was bad

This. And it isn't even a "girls are dumb, ew" thing.

She was absolutely fuckin annoying and never added anything to the stories.

Anything they do with her in the reboot would have to be an improvement.

>>Characters like Mickey, Donald and Goofy were considered valuable icons and only to be used on "special" occasions; regular appearances on a Saturday morning cartoon would "devalue" Donald, or so Eisner believed
Goof Troop and Quack Pack happened shortly after Duck Tales, so I don't think that was it.

Really? Most people I know of who saw Ducktales as a kid liked it. The original comics are way better but the show itself isn't bad.

Launchpad is fun but I'm all for having Donald as a part of the main cast

>another castrated relaunch with shittier animation than the original
They can't keep getting away with this.

>Goof Troop and Quack Pack happened shortly after Duck Tales, so I don't think that was it.

They probably saw the success of Duck Tales and wanted to cash in on other characters in a similar matter.

>Goof Troop
One of the best series' to come out of Disney. Gave a lot of depth to Goofy as well as other toons like Pete. That show is the reason why I can't ever see Pete as a full villain in other Disney properties.

>Quack Pack
Was never a fan. It felt like Disney tried to capture the EXTREME 90s crowd, but was too late.

How do I nuke thread? This one is full of shit and bait.

>Goof Troop and Quack Pack happened shortly after Duck Tales, so I don't think that was it.

That was a bit later into the 90s. It's true that during the 80s, Mickey and friends were deliberately kept out of the animation spotlight except for "big" moments like a theatrical short or a TV special. I remember the Disney Channel station ID bumpers were really coy about showing you Mickey; you could only see his gloves or the silhouette of his ears. Like they only wanted to imply the concept of Mickey Mouse rather than straight up show him to you.

Apparently, it was a legit Eisner thing. Some sort of scheme to get more people to visit Disney World by making the theme park the only place where you could see Mickey and Donald and Goofy, etc. They discontinued that practice in the 90s, though, when they learned that they were creating a whole generation of kids with no personal connection to their beloved legacy characters.

>I remember the Disney Channel station ID bumpers were really coy about showing you Mickey; you could only see his gloves or the silhouette of his ears. Like they only wanted to imply the concept of Mickey Mouse rather than straight up show him to you.

Shit, I remember that. I remember "Mickey" guest starred in an episode of Bonkers, but they weren't allowed to show him or use his name. So he was called "the Mouse" and only seen in shadow.

It was a weird time.

There's a reason why for years Mickey was just an icon, not a character with an actual personality or anything to make him interesting.

>Europeans hate DuckTales

We don't hate it.

We just never gave a shit about it. Apathy is not hatred.

>Apparently, it was a legit Eisner thing. Some sort of scheme to get more people to visit Disney World by making the theme park the only place where you could see Mickey and Donald and Goofy, etc. They discontinued that practice in the 90s, though, when they learned that they were creating a whole generation of kids with no personal connection to their beloved legacy characters.

I really want to know what went through Eisner's head when he came up with this plan. Jokes aside, you're not kidding when there's a full generation of kids who do not connect with Mickey. I remember reading an article that stated Super Mario was a character more known around the world than Mickey Mouse. I think that still holds true this day.

Easy: Eisner saw the cartoon side of Disney as just an advertising firm to get people hyped for Disney Brand products(tm) and Disney Brand themeparks(tm).

Mickey/Donald/Goofy to him was like Captain Crunch or the Trix Rabbit. A character who merely exists to sell stuff and the thought that these might actually be characters with stories and personalities and adventures that children like to read about just never occured to him.

In other words he had an entirely different view of how these characters should operate.

I always wondered if that was the reason Mickey was only "seen" at the end of Kingdom Hearts. And why Disney wanted Donald as the main character while Square wanted Mickey.

If Square wanted Mickey it was because Japan is obsessed with bland ass protagonists.

>Where's muh Launch Pad McQuack?

user, he is with Einstein now...

True, but it did show how little faith they had in a character that was supposed to be their mascot.

Eisner was responsible for a lot of bad decisions (like putting Euro Disney Land in France instead of Italy where there's a bigger Disney culture). He gets credit for the early 90s Disney Renaissance, but that's the only positive thing anyone can attribute to him

I think he associated Mickey/Donald/Goofy with the Disney Vault system; the idea that the best things about Disney should never be overexposed and only displayed for special events.

That's fine when you're trying to create hype for reissues of movies, but putting moratoriums on CHARACTERS is incredibly stupid. No one feels like seeing Mickey Mouse is something "special" when no one knows WHY Mickey is "special" (because his doesn't appear in any cartoons or TV shows).

also gave us Peg, the most UNF milf that disney has ever made

They put a female in there. I'm going to bet you that they are going to oversexualise her.

Donald... as the main character?

Truly every day I discover we inhabit the darkest timeline.

That's Webby. She was in the original duck tales cartoon

It's what I've heard. Nothing concrete.

>He gets credit for the early 90s Disney Renaissance, but that's the only positive thing anyone can attribute to him

Eisner was shit at a lot of things, but I think he deserves credit for enforcing the idea of scripts in the Disney feature films.

After Walt died, the animators continued the practice of making the movies up as they went along and just stringing visual gags together as opposed to writing coherent narratives ahead of time.

While it did eliminate the "improve" style and it alienated the older animators, it did make for movies wither better characters and storylines.

>a female

You're talking about a character user.

You can just call them a girl. Or a woman.

You don't have to sound like an autistic spaceman.

Bong here. Disney isn't popular in the UK in general. Duck Tales isn't specifically disliked, it's just part of a larger whole we do not care for.

is this the right thread to ask where I could torrent/download all Don Rosa's comics?

>like putting Euro Disney Land in France instead of Italy where there's a bigger Disney culture
I thought they were gonna put in Spain? That would have been even better.

Why would you want to read American Duck comics?

They're objectively the worst Duck comics.

>Like those edgy, grimdark Donald Duck comics where he's either a spy or a superhero and it feels like something off of Fanfiction.net.
>Europeans get mad at Don Rosa for "turning Scrooge into a superhero" in King of the Klondike
>Later they turn Donald into Paperinik
gj euroducks

because I read all of those as a kid and I want to relive the nostalgia

also he is a good duck artist

>>Europeans get mad at Don Rosa for "turning Scrooge into a superhero" in King of the Klondike

I thought it was just the French who got sperged out over Scrooge summoning up strength of will to break his chains in Life and Times? Rosa talks about it in the hardcover edition and specifically cites the French as being the ones who were furious over that story.

I don't think other European readers took it with that context.

2bh those are different things. paperiniks are light-hearted, scrooge in king of klondike isn't

that's an issue rosa sometimes has, he tries to make things too "epic"

Carl Barks and Don Rosa are literally Babby's First Duck Comics.

Read Scarpa.

Italian Ducks > literal shit > Amerifat Ducks.

>Europeans hate DuckTales because it's blasphemous to Carl Barks.
What? Here in Italy people love DuckTales.

don't tell me what is good ducks and what isn't because I've read them all

Next teaser pic? Thats been out since pretty much the beginning of all the reboot talk.

>Europeans hate DuckTales because it's blasphemous to Carl Barks.

Are you sure you aren't confusing "Europeans" with "Don Rosa"...?

I hope no one is dumb enough to subscribe to some idea of absolute duck lore

>I hope no one is dumb enough to subscribe to some idea of absolute duck lore

It isn't about canon or lore, but which Duck comics are good and which aren't.

Italy has Duck comics down to a science and we've excelled at them for almost half a century. Amerifat Duck comics are written for literal babies and not even remotely as complex as our publications. And most of your "translations" dumb our comics down so they're easier on the Amerifat intellect.

Again, we aren't talking about "lore", we're talking about quality. And Amerifats are so far behind, you aren't even in the race.

Wish I could TURN BACK TIIIIME
To the GOOD OLD DAAAAAYS

>Americans create Donald Duck
>Americans publish Donald and Scrooge comics
>Europeans start their own Scrooge comics
>RAARRRR FAT STUPID AMERICANS ARE UNWORTHY OF DONALD DUCK COMICS THEY RUIN THEM AND DUCK COMICS ARE A PROUD ITALIAN TRADITION REEEEEEEEEE

I hope a Syrian refugee fucks your sister, Mario.

Don Rosa is the only opinion that matters REEEEEEEEEEE

Barks and Rosa are the only Duck comics any Americans have ever read. There are endless volumes of Duck books by infinitely better creators but all Americans ever talk about is Barks and Rosa.

Barks and Rosa are fucking Casual Tier.

I'll take the bait, Barks and Scarpa were friends and how many Barks characters the italians are borrowing again?

As a disclaimer I generally like them both. And the south americans, the dutch and Flemming Andersen

Like most thing, Americans may have "invented" it, but our ingenuity and education actually made it "good".

Like comparing a POS American car to something from BMW or Ferrari.

>Like most thing, Americans may have "invented" it, but our ingenuity and education actually made it "good".
>Like comparing a POS American car to something from BMW or Ferrari.

That's not fair. Burgers didn't invent the automobile. They just took it and made it worse.

>So this is the next teaser pic for the Duck Tales Reboot.
You mean the only teaser pic.

They're the only canon comics, though.

>infinitely better
I hope you do not include Scarpa or Giorgio Cavazzano on that list, or I will cut you

>Scarpa or Giorgio Cavazzano

I'd take them over any Murrican Duck artist by a distance as wide as a Murrican's waistline.

so anyone?

The Pirate Bay

no one's seeding the torrent there

Well, that is proof you have shit taste, since you prefer the people who have mishandled the characters and inserted shitty original characters.
Rota, Yippes, heck even Van Horn would be much better choices.

Spoken like a truly ill-informed Amerifat.