Just saw this, I saw several women in the crowd looking completely disinterested and some on their phone

Just saw this, I saw several women in the crowd looking completely disinterested and some on their phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/french-furious-at-being-written-out-of-dunkirk-film-epic-33rg8m57l
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, women were constantly checking their phones and even flicking pieces of popocorn and/or paper.

This movie was undoubtedly Nolan attempting to bring masculinity and testosterone back to the male population of weak betas who are against the notion of fighting for ones people.

There were no tears in the movies from the characters, only the strong silent types like Gary Cooper.

I just watched this with my mom. It was her idea to go see it in theaters.

in the UK its rated a 12 so imagine how many 1D fans will go and see it

Some girls (and women in their late 30s) took out their phones and snapped some photos when Harry Styles was on screen.

Seriously.

>mom
>her

Not sure what your maymay is, pal. Me and my mom both enjoyed the movie.

oh shit so it's /ourflick/ ?

I can also understand why men wouldn't like either considering we don't even see German soldiers until the VERY end and there are really no infantry battles to speak of. Boring movie

Wont stop them from seeing it, some girls sitting next to me were only talking about harry before it started

war film with barely any dialogue
i wonder why these slags didnt enjoy it for the full duration

"The Nazis have killed over six million Jews, and we're next if we don't get out of here NOW!"

Jesus christ Nolan is a fucking hack

So on an average, 8.6 out of 10 people regardless of sex are, retarded?

The Master and Commander of our generation.

What fucking uncivilised shithole do you live in where people take out their phones during a movie?

w-what did the two of you do after?

You didn't realize the wink at the camera after saying
>Six million
?
Watch closer next time

I sucked her dick and I made daddy watch. :^)

Did you unironically go into a movie about the battle of Dunkirk, expecting infantry fighting? That's your own fault m8.

>3,000 women vs 25,000 men.
Its like that one girl in your IT class , doesnt rep real women

>almost no women
>almost no niggers
>no quips
>fantastic score
>fantastic effects and story

Has Nolan singlehandedly saved Kinógraphie?

Women usually do that watching war movies.

Don't mind them. They don't know how to relate to this kind of thing. Just the fact they are willing to be there for you is a good will

What about the lack of character development or general meaning asked to the viewer? Great ww2 set pieces and costume design though.

>another ww2 movie
>not historically accurate
>leaves france out
>nolan is a cocky fuck
>makes england look like the sole leader and victor
stick to fairy tales, nolan, 2/10 at best

Hello burger

>leaves france out

what do you mean? the French were in a lot of scenes.

>fantastic effects and story

I hope you're trolling, I really do.

>The torpedo
>The tiny obviously RC stuka at the end that farrier shoots down
>The clearly modern city
>The shitty white smoke from airplanes

Yes! Truly revolutionary, we've come along way from the thin red line or saving private ryan where they actually build whole sets

There's no ´ in german you stupid fuck, stop trying to sould cool

it's not German, idiot.

>Women
What did you expect?

The movie was brilliant though.

Who would pay to get into a movie just to sit on their phones? Also, women wouldn't know a good movie if it hit them in the face.

Yes it is, fucktard
Either way, theres no acute accent in russian too.

>I saw several women in the crowd looking completely disinterested and some on their phone.
They're only there for the scenes with Harry Styles

so do you go to the movie to watch people watch a movie or actually watch a movie? whats the point of this thread?

>woman sitting in front of me on her phone half the movie
>gets to the end
>"We shall fight on the beaches"
>she looks up and says "Oh my god, I love beaches!"

It's present in Russian as a loanword from French.

My gf went and fucking loved it. Teared up at the end when the guy got put in the paper.

no it doesnt, shut the fuck up

>meme triggers linguistics autist

lmao

You just described my mom minus the phone

thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/french-furious-at-being-written-out-of-dunkirk-film-epic-33rg8m57l

> French
> furious
More news at 9.

For a British film about British soldiers/sailors/pilots, there are plenty of French in it.

That Churchill speech always gets me

yes I first heard it on Aces High

>British film

>Implying the country of films origin doesn't big up their own country
>Implying France wouldn't do the same

woman here, I watched the film and absolutely loved it. It was brilliantly done and I honestly can't understand how some people find it boring

that being said, there were so many little girls fangirling over harry styles that it was annoying. I might have been mad hadn't his performance been so good

two chinks behind me kept fucking talking every scene. the girl had no idea what was going on and had to be fed exposition by her boyfriend every 2 seconds it was terrible.

why cant they shut the fuck up and learn manners? and maybe just watch the movie and shit will be explained to you not that anything needed explanation

They were probably bored because it's a boring movie. Christopher Nolan is a robot who doesn't understand how to elicit any sort of emotional reaction. His expertise is purely technical.

>Watching the crowd instead of the movie
Sad!

Dumb cunt and her beta boyfriend were seated down the aisle from me, they arrived 20 minutes late and they each got up twice to go to the bathroom and to get popcorn, and the girl was constantly on her phone. I can't wait until movie theatres are a thing of the past.

There was no way Big Guy could have turned his Spitfire around with no fuel and no running engine and still take out that Stuka. There was no fucking way.

That was my only complaint of this movie.

I can understand why. This movie is for the Transformers audience, the sort of people who do that shit in theaters. Big fucking war scenes with a bunch of explosions and Nolan's needlessly complex incoherent perspective bullshittery, set against the absolute worst Hans Zimmer score I've ever heard. The only thing this movie was missing was some random romance out of nowhere or more camera hogging on Ken Branagh and it'd be an even worse shitshow than the likes of the actual Transformer movie that came out.

I was just waiting for this movie to end and politely didn't want to distract the nonagenarians who'd already fallen asleep by whipping out my phone. Those people have some fucking balls taking their phones out, I respect them all the way.

I really enjoyed it. Shame the French guy died though

cinéma is french, kino is german

I'll look forward to the critically acclaim French produced Dunkirk film in the coming years... oh no wait, France's film industry is currently irrelevant and not even on the same scale as the UK's. How the mighty have fallen.

He runs out after he takes it down, the timelines havent collapsed yet

His engine cut off when he was flying on the right side of the beach, the Stuka was coming in from the left. He turns around, shoots down the Stuka and lands it going the opposite way he came in on the beach.

Why are they furious at being written out? I'd want to be out of this shithole flick.

t. froggy mcfrogface

Stop being a bitch and just tell them to be quiet. Everyone knows it's common courtesy to be quiet at the cinema so most of them will shut right up as soon as someone tells them to.

He was the one who was sleeping when the Officers let him on the Officers boat on the mole.

>never see the enemy, once, except for a few planes
>several incoherent scenes (kid at the beginning is lying down on the beach, looks alone there, explosions happen, he gets up and is surrounded by a thousand people)
>no historical notes for all the dumb normies who came to see the movie for styles
>same droning fucking music and ticking for 80% of the flick
>barely understand any of the britbongs
>barely care when that one faggot kid dies by falling down some steps
>apparently infantry carry armor piercing bullets to rip through thick iron walls of boats
>mood whiplash out the ass
Did Nolan forget how to direct? Jesus christ

That was a totally different guy.

If I was a frog I'd be pretty happy my country was barely at all in the movie

As it is I'm pretty pissed since I wasted 2 hours

>get to the movies with GF and sit all the way in the back
>a man and his boy show up and sit next to me on my left
>Thank god they won't talk or be on their phones during the movie
>5 mins before movie starts 2 teenage girls with phones in hand come up to the man and boy
>"Ummm excuse me these are actually our seats here's our tickets."
>GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>The man acts confused and apologizes and they go somewhere else
>they sit and talk about Harry Styles while browsing on their phones before the movie starts
>movie starts and all is good until the first shot of Harry comes up
>"OMG LOOK ITS HARRY HE'S SO HOT!"
>girl pulls out her phone and takes a snapchat of him
>later on they start whispering to each other how bored they are
>continues to check phone every 10 mins
>meanwhile I sit next to them withholding the urge to grab their stupid fucking phones and toss them across the theater

Women ruin everything.

fact: women and non-whites will not/cannot appreciate Dunkino

>literally scenes showing French soldiers holding the line so the British can leave
>shows French soldiers trying to get on ships
>one of the main characters is a French guy pretending to be British
>British Commander says he's staying behind to help evacuate the French

REMEMBER

I'm Nigerian and I really loved it.

I guess you're right, now come to think of it the soldier drowning at the bottom of that boat was him. Thought it was Harry Styles as it was happening and didn't even think twice when I saw him again later.

I'm an old white guy who's taught history at numerous colleges and did work for a lot of museums and I hated it.

It's just Transformers with a WW2 paint job. Utter disgrace to all that died there

Yeah, Harry survives, but the French guy can't reach the ladder so he drowns.

Shame, it should have been Harry who drowned.

>LARPing this hard

unironically kill yourself faggot

History belongs to us now old man!! Fucking old-ass faggot! Haha!!!!

It's a movie written by a guy, directed by a guy, starring guys only.
Of course it won't be that interesting to many women, because it's extremely difficult for them to relate to a story that had pretty much nothing to do with them. Don't act like you would be thrilled to see a movie about a thousand girlfriends of a soldiers trying to make ends meet or whatever back in england, written and directed by women with no male actors.

You don't get points in life for being stupid or unable to think beyond surface level you absolute twat.

>Don't act like you would be thrilled to see a movie about a thousand girlfriends of a soldiers trying to make ends meet or whatever back in england, written and directed by women with no male actors.

Nobody would make that movie and no women would make a valiant fight at Dunkirk.

>liking a movie from christopher 'I'm a hack but I directed the movie that brought Sup Forums its classic reddit bane memes so I get a pass here' nolan
Kill yourself, kid. Probably a Bernie voter like the rest of the 12 year old shits that enjoyed this trash

war movies are usually pretty boring, is this one any good?

>for you

fact: you're dilluting the meaning of the word "fact" and deserve a fate worse than death

planet earth

old fart this isn't the place for you go back to plebbit and voice your shitty opinions there

And no I'm not a bernout support I voted for blumpf

Why the fuck do people need a story to relate to them to enjoy it? I know several women, albeit in education, that love books like The Hobbit or The Lord of the Flies, who literally have no women in them. Same thing with black guys or Asians to purely white people stories.

Do you think everybody just does or likes things within some comfort zone that you make up for them?

>pay to watch a movie
>spend the whole watching the audience to see if they're watching it

That's some next level autism.

I'm going to see it pretty soon and I kind of wish it wasn't summer so that I could see it during the day when all the Harry Styles fans are still at school. Were they fangirling before or actually during the movie when he came onscreen?

kek
here's your (((you))), faggot. now go kys

>i can only enjoy it if it's relatable and tailored to ME

>go back to plebbit
Well I'm already here if Nolan worshipping pseudo intellectuals and shills have swarmed this board.

>i voted for blumpf
You do know you need to be 18 to vote, yes? And you call me a LARPer.

This is the type of specimen that enjoyed Duncuck, huh?

>implying it's hard to notice a phone being turned on in the corner of your eye in a dark theater

shut the fuck up or I will literally come over to your house and beat the shit out of you

Oh nevermind, I see that was an Inception joke. Very funny.

>t. reddit

sorry you can't recognize memes fuckin old piece of shit just roll over and die already

>Nolan worshipping pseudo intellectually
this is Sup Forums you absolute moron. Only pseudo intellectual itt is YOU buddy, you think teaching at some shitty liberal arts college gives you any validation to take a shit on a good film? Just off yourself already

I'll masturbate all over you, faggot

Let's see how well you fight with my dick juices gumming up all your tendons

should I watch this or Baby Driver on Monday. I'm going at 11 am so the theater will be pretty empty either way.

watch both, moviejump.

i'd go with baby driver first, then dunkirk

Missing the point.

It's kind of retarded to use the fact that women didn't fight at the front lines as an argument that women are inferior/wouldn't be able to fight at the fronlines, when it was men who decided for them that they couldn't.

misogyny is passé, bruv

>baby driver

lmao what the fuck is that about a baby driving about or some shit?