It's okay when literally anyone but Snyder does it

>It's okay when literally anyone but Snyder does it

Why are people acting like Superman and god/jesus comparisons are new and it's the latest meme to hate Snyder because of the jesus/god comparison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is a difference between making a jesus/god analogy and straight putting a cross in your scenes or having Supes float as if he were jesus pinned to the cross

And I just realized Snyder referenced the crucifixtion fucking twice in a row

Because Superman Prime didn't float down from the portal doing a crucified pose

crucifixion*

Let me explain. Let us say there is a cool t-shirt you like. This T-shirt is nice and you will enjoy looking at it when someone wears it as part of a nice outfit.

You will not have a good opinion of this shirt when a person wipes their ass with it, ties up a dozen D batteries in it, and then whirls it around and tries to bash our skulls in with it.

Because Synder does it by shoving in a bunch of ham-fisted Christian imagery. The only thing Synder's Superman does that could be considered "Jesus-like" is dying. That's it.

Because you stupid fuck, context matters.
If you're going to do god/jesus comparisons you can't then make your only characterization Gethsemane Jesus. That's a footnote and the exception, not the rule.

Because it's not content but execution

>only direct reference on the page posted is to Hercules

What the fuck are you trying to say OP? There isn't a Snyderesque visual here

IMO this version of Pa Kent's death blows MoS' out of the water

Because most people on Sup Forums are fedorafags

>IMO this version of Pa Kent's death blows MoS' out of the water
Of course it did.

Snyderfags will disagree but ASS is one of the GOAT Superman stories for a reason.

The problem with Snyder is that his Superman's gonna retreat to Galt Gu... the Fortress of Solitutde eventually and spend his time with repeatedly telling a whole lot of people that he's only coming back if they make pilgrimage to whatever pole he's at and affirm that he's indeed God-Jesus and can do no wrong.

Morrison and did it by having Superman show compassion and empathy to everyone. Even Lex Luthor.

Snyder did it by having Superman pose like Renaissance artwork while being emotionally distant to everyone but Lois and his mom.

ASS did it via substance.
Snyder does it by shoving symbols at you and hoping it looks deep.

Look no farther than the "they will join you in the sun" line. It only has meaning in ASS. Everywhere else, it's just tossed around because it sounds cool.

I love the factual uncertainty of if Pa "knows", but the emotionally unambiguous feeling that he understands.

Because Snyder takes like a dozen different texts and rips single lines (or at the most pages) from those texts, irrespective of their context, stripping them of their meaning, and shoving them all together in a messy sludge.

If you're going to do a Jesus allegory, do it. But don't focus on a single scene where he has his crisis of faith and act like that's all Jesus ever did.

If you want to have Clark wander the earth like in Birthright, go for it! But you don't have him remain a quiet and antisocial wallflower when the entire point is for him to go on that journey to connect to the whole of humanity.

If you want to have Clark kill Zod, DO it. But don't have it be the first thing he does, have the narrative earn that action after establishing the no-kill code so we get that it's a big deal. A big "noooo" after the fact isn't enough to sell that.

Snyder made a Frankenstein's monster and you guys are wondering why people are digging out the pitchforks and torches.

>You guys
It's a minority that doesn't get it.

>tfw reading All-Star for the first time after my girlfriend got it for me for my birthday
>these amazing Ma and Pa Kent
>this whole fucking issue

>Because Snyder takes like a dozen different texts and rips single lines (or at the most pages) from those texts, irrespective of their context, stripping them of their meaning, and shoving them all together in a messy sludge.
Pretty much. He even put the "Humanity will join you in the sun," speech in MoS but it just feels empty and shoe-horned in the for sake of fan service.

Honestly probably my favorite issue out of the entirety of ASS.

I'm not finished yet, but it's probably mine too. The Bizarro issues were fun, but made my damn head hurt

The Bizarro two-parter is probably my least favorite part of the whole thing, particularly when Superman is actually on Bizarro World. Reading through that part is always such a slog for me.

Otherwise love it to death though. One of my favorites.

Yeah it's been a bit of a low point for me too, but still good honestly. I'd been wanting to read All-Star for the longest time and it's blowing away my expectations. Can't wait to let my girlfriend read it too. We watched the whole DCEU this month for Suicide Squad, and I've been disappointed with all three movies. She hasn't minded each of them to some extent, and she's welcome to her opinion, but I'd really like to show her the awesome emotional connection a Superman like All-Star's can bring.

Fuck I love this comic...

I like Zibarro but not the others. I'm not a huge Bizarro fan in general though.

>referencing a story where Superman transcends himself and becomes a being with a deity level power levels
>making on the nose imagery that directly compares and presents Superman with the deity of one of the world's most popular faiths

>apples
>oranges

(You)'ve earned it :^)

Oh. Oh, this is good.

>that doesn't get it.

Because showing something isn't the same as showing it badly. Cease this martyr complex.

Because Snyder does it with no subtlety or nuance. All of his decisions are incredibly obvious and cliched.

Snyder's one of those guys who takes cool ideas from other people, doesn't really understand them, then puts them in his film clumsily so idiots think he's deep.

I hate making Superman a messiah figure. He's just a guy trying to make the world a better place, he's not the savior of humanity

Sup Forums is one of the most ignorant and casual boards there is. Most people don't watch real movies or read books. Just cartoons, capeshit and casual comics. Superman is and has been a Sun God since the Silver Age.

I also like how Johns handled Pa's death pre-N52

Welcome to the club, then.

I fucking love Bizarro. I wish he got more attention and a proper live-action adaptation.

What's this from?

Secret Origin.

Thank you sir. It's wonderful.

>"If there are people that need help, you do what you always do."
Real Pa Kent

>"Should I just let them die?"
>"Maybe."
Fucking shit DCEU Pa Kent

We'll never see so emotional and good scene in DCEU
I want reboot of this canser universe

>DO GOOD TO OTHERS AND EVERY MAN CAN BE A SUPERMAN

Pic unrelated? There's nothing Christianity related there. Superman as god in that panel is clearly actually referencing Greek/Roman Myths, like the reference to Hercules makes obvious.

dosen't matter. it's moronic not to think he would be seen as a god by many

t. post crisis fag

Being seen as a god and saying "plz stop" is a lot different from being seen as a god and not saying much of anything

>superman destroying that pavement for no reason
what a dick.
the taxmoney that goes to repairing it could go too much better stuff.

yes offcourse. never said he shouldn't be against people worshipping him.

This seems like a good place to ask.
I remember reading a Superman comic where people were starting to get really complacent with him saving them, so there was this almost cult of people that were throwing themselves off of roof tops so that they could be saved. I forget how it ends but I remember Clark stressing a lot over their attitude.

Does anyone know what comic that was or was it a fever dream?

I think it was new 52 adventures of Superman digital. The Lapham issue.

Are there any other farm animals that can be worked into that description?

No, but I can tell you not to be such a bitch.

>Get a cap with a bunch of Hebrew on it
>"I got you a gift, it's from the future"
Would you ever do this to YOUR father, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU

You mean go and get something for my dad that no one else would have that only I could get?
Yes. That is what all of humanity but the most autistic would call a great gift.

Friendly reminder that All-Star Superman and DC One Million are both prequels and sequels to each other at the same time.

I should re-read DC One Million sometime. It's been forever.