All-Star Batman #1 Backup Story Lettered Preview

It's finally out.

>MSG: Speaking of the back-ups, we’re seeing Duke Thomas take a really prominent role in them…

>SS: The back-ups are running through the year, with each arc having a different color from the wheel. The “Cursed Wheel” is a training program that Tom King, Tim Seeley, James Tynion IV, and I made up together. It’s this secret system that Batman brings people who have been Robin through to become the hero they’re meant to be, whether they know they’re being subjected to it or not.

>The back-ups are largely going to pit Duke against different villains, with Batman, as he struggles to deal with the tragedy of his parents and figure his way out of this stuff. Ultimately, one of the great things is — in talking to Geoff Johns about where we could land Duke and what a great mission for that character can be — he has a great sense of what’s missing from the DCU in terms of purpose. What are some of the things in Gotham we don’t have, and is this organic to what this character is about?

>We came up with a role for Duke that I think no one’s ever seen before in Gotham. That way, he doesn’t have to come into the book and then go back to being Robin. What the creators were able to do in We Are… Robin made me so happy. He was a Robin in a different way: a Robin that didn’t need a Batman. And now that he does, to be Robin in any way may be redundant.

>I’m very happy for where he’s headed. And the Cursed Wheel runs through the entire year with different villains. Zsasz is up first, with another villain in the next section, and so on.

Source: comicosity.com/interview-scott-snyder-hits-the-road-with-all-star-batman/

End of preview.

why is a grown man dressed like Pikachu?

New Robin won't wear red.

Where are their clothes?

Seriously what the fuck is this?? I'm not buying this...sm h

I like Shalvey.
But man that Duke design is doing nothing for me. Hopefully when he gets a codename he'll get a new one

Scott Snyder. Free to ignore.

Those speech bubbles and text are disgusting

But The Black Mirror and Court of Owls are pretty great.

Scott Snyder is TRUMP.

Lark Begins

What does that even mean??

He hates Arabs (Dami).

All the covers to this issue so far.

Who made that cover with only Two-Face?

It's Neal Adams, for Newbury Comics!

Last

No they weren't
They suffer from Snyder's usual shit but since they were the first two, people don't notice

pathetic..tut tut

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha!

>Check them
But...no dubs?

>Hopefully when he gets a codename he'll get a new one
Cockman Hey! Duke looks like a Cock.

Snyder's really good though.

Literally Everything is Shaped Like a Penis -

Duke Looks Like a C**k!

Calling it: it's Crazy Quilt.

Jesus fucking christ Damifag, do you have nothing better to do with your life than lurk for Batman threads to shitpost?

>: Speaking of the back-ups, we’re seeing Duke Thomas take a really prominent role in them…
Miles Morales 02.

Jesus Christ the suit looks even worse when he's wearing it than when we just saw it by itself. I was kind of hoping that ASB would be good, but if Duke is going to stick around as a main character I dunno.

Do you think casuals care enough about Snyder to buy his comics even when it's not the "main" Batman title?

to be honest. I hate miles. Really dont like this character. And i dont read comics anymore....

I think casuals care enough about Batman to buy a well-advertised spin-off of it. If Batman Eternal and B&R Eternal did well, I don't see why this couldn't.

>but if Duke is going to stick around as a main character I dunno.
Issue 1 was meh,

what is latest canon comic?

Snyder became one of DC's star writers thanks to Batman and is the only one now that Johns fucked off to DCEU stuff
It'll sell just fine
Like 50-60k+ fine probably

>Snyder became one of DC's star writers thanks to Batman and is the only one now that Johns fucked off to DCEU stuff
>It'll sell just fine
it is Batman.

Snyder is pretty famous among casuals.

Only people over 40 love him..