Hey Sup Forums Latino Ghost rider is back, what do you think ?

Hey Sup Forums Latino Ghost rider is back, what do you think ?

newsarama.com/30558-new-ghost-rider-series-to-bring-him-into-the-marvel-universe-proper.html

Other urls found in this thread:

tvguide.com/news/ghost-rider-marvel-comics-exclusive-felipe-smith-axel-alonso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>With his debut on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just a few months away, Ghost Rider is also en route to a new ongoing series at Marvel Comics. Announced via TV Guide, Ghost Rider will feature the recently introduced Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, and be written by co-creator Felipe Smith and drawn by Danilo Beyruth; Reyes' other creator, Tradd Moore, will have a back-up story in the first issue, which is due in November.

>According to Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso, this new Ghost Rider wasn't prompted by Marvel Television opting to use the character, although his division was "given a heads up" and "were very excited."

>"We were waiting for Felipe's schedule more than anything," said Alonso. "I would have loved to have launched it sooner, but he has a prosperous career in animation, we needed the time to carve it up and do it right."

>Smith currently works as a character designer for Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

>Smith heavily contrasts Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider with the other previous Ghost Riders, saying he's not even "a spirit of vengeance."

>"Prior Ghost Riders were compelled to do good," said Smith. "Robbie makes the choice to do good things, because it's the spirit who compels him to kill."

>Reyes became the new Ghost Rider after being possessed by the evil spirit of the deceased serial killer Eli Morrow, whom TV Guide describes as "the Hulk" to Reyes' "Bruce Banner."

Alonso is frank about the initial negative response Marvel received when this new Ghost Rider first appeared in 2014, although the diverse nature of this series - and the Marvel U as a whole now - has been "better and better."

Posting from original sauce: tvguide.com/news/ghost-rider-marvel-comics-exclusive-felipe-smith-axel-alonso/

>Are you ready for the Ghost Rider-issance? Marvel's flame-headed anti-hero is headed to TV on ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but that's not the only place ol' skull 'n' fire will be turning up. TVGuide.com can exclusively reveal that he's also -- after almost a year away -- headed back to Marvel Comics.

>The new series, appropriately titled Ghost Rider, will be written by Felipe Smith (who will also be doing art for the covers), with interior art by Danilo Beyruth. Tradd Moore, who co-created this brand new take on the character with Smith, will provide a back-up story in the first issue. The title launches ongoing this November.

>For those not familiar with Ghost Rider, he was originally a motorcycle-riding, flaming skeleton man possessed by a demon. Then in 2014, Marvel gave the character a modern makeover courtesy of Smith and Moore. The more up-to-date incarnation focused on Mexican-American Los Angeles teenager Robbie Reyes, a part-time mechanic who also care of his developmentally disabled brother Gabe. That is, until he's taken over by an evil spirit named Eli Morrow, who gives him the power to turn any vehicle into a ghost-powered death machine.

Yesssssssssssssssss
Wish they had announced it at SDCC so it got more attention but this is easily the Nower book I'm looking forward to
>Tradd Moore, will have a back-up story in the first issue
Fuck yes, I doubted they'd even be able to gett him back so even thats enough for me

>Danilo Beyruth
How is he?

>Despite Ghost Rider's absence from the comic books for the past year, it was more happy coincidence than coordination that led to Reyes' return on TV and in comics simultaneously. "We were waiting for Felipe's schedule more than anything," Axel Alonso, editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics, told TVGuide.com over the phone. "I would have loved to have launched it sooner, but he has a prosperous career in animation, we needed the time to carve it up and do it right."

>Still, it's not like the comics and TV shows exist in a vacuum. Alonso says Marvel execs were "given a heads up about" Reyes' appearance on S.H.I.E.L.D. and "we were very excited."

>Those going into either the show or the comic expecting Nicolas Cage's flamboyant (flame-boyant?) take on the character should check their expectations at the door. Reyes is younger, and he's not a spirit of vengeance. Morrow was a serial killer in life, and functions as the Hulk to Reyes' Bruce Banner.

>"Prior Ghost Riders were compelled to do good," Smith told TVGuide.com. "Robbie makes the choice to do good things, because it's the spirit who compels him to kill."

>To be clear: the prior Ghost Riders did have some demonic/satanic overtones; the current one decidedly does not, and is just your run-of-the-mill evil spirit. And where the previous holders of the name Ghost Rider have had their lives ruined by the spirit of vengeance, the current one already had a pretty rough life, living in a poor neighborhood, balancing taking care of a developmentally disabled brother with a job and school, etc. Instead of a curse, Smith said that Reyes looks at being Ghost Rider as, "something that empowers him."

>Beyond the background, Reyes' vehicle of choice is a flaming Dodge Charger, instead of a motorcycle -- which led always fickle comic book fans to point out that Reyes was driving, not riding. "We had Knight Rider," Smith joked with mock anger, "who was also a black car who talked to him."

>"Predictably, the first people we hear from are the naysayers," said Alonso. "People looking at the Marvel Universe now see a Marvel Universe that's reflective of everybody. It's [gotten] better and better in that way."

>Unlike the previous All-New Ghost Rider series (and much of all Ghost Rider series of the past), the new Ghost Rider series will be interconnected more to the larger scope of the Marvel U - including guest appearances by the Hulk, Wolverine, and Ms. Marvel, who are all currently younger characters like Reyes.

Which mean for all you shippers out there, Kamala and the Champions of legacy will finally meet him.

AEEEEE PORRAAAAAA

>One other big difference, which Smith felt strongly about clearing up? Reyes' doesn't have a floating head, or a human skull like previous Ghost Riders. He's an amalgam of a flaming car and a human being. He's not wearing a helmet, and his head isn't a skull: this Ghost Rider is designed so his look simulates the lines of the classic muscle car he was racing the night he died. There you go, cleared up.

>Let's back up one huge step from the minutiae of how comic book characters' heads are shaped, though, and discuss the world when Reyes was introduced, all those many two years ago. Though the conversation has been ongoing and far more complicated than we can get into here, Marvel -- led by Alonso -- has long been championing a push for greater diversity in comics, both when it comes to characters and behind the scenes.

>The revamped Ghost Rider was an early salvo in this war for diverse voices and characters, changing a traditionally white character into a Latino teen. At the same time, Marvel initiated an extremely successful relaunch of their Ms. Marvel title, which recast the (again, traditionally white) hero as a Muslim teen living in New Jersey. Over the past two years, time and again the publisher had introduced new takes on their characters, from an Asian-American Hulk, to their latest revamp: a young, black, female Iron Man named RiRi.

>All of these titles have used a similar template that traces its origins back to Spider-Man's introduction in 1962: take a teenager who grew up in a realistic (read: not a billionaire's mansion) setting; give them too much power; and see if they can handle the responsibility. The difference between Peter Parker in the '60s and every character from Reyes to RiRi? Marvel is truly aiming to reflect the world outside our door.

>>According to Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso, this new Ghost Rider wasn't prompted by Marvel Television opting to use the character, although his division was "given a heads up" and "were very excited."

when did the House of Ideas become the House of Lies?

The original series with Robbie was made or broken by the art quality, what else has Beyruth done?

>Fans, as you might expect, have not always been happy. From older fans angry about their favorite characters getting a makeover -- and it should be noted that in nearly all of these cases, the original characters are also still popping around the Marvel Universe -- to younger fans who feel like there hasn't been enough change behind the scenes -- comics is a traditionally white, male dominated industry -- Marvel has often been put in a no-win scenario.

>And when Ghost Rider returns, he'll be doing a tour of that expanded, reflective universe. The traditionally loner style character will be getting a little help from his friends in the new series. Guest stars will include the new Hulk -- a super-smart Asian American teen named Amadeus Cho -- and the new Wolverine -- a teenaged, female clone of the original clawed mutant, named Laura. But don't expect a happy-go-lucky team-up where they all grab burgers at the malt shop (that's a thing teens do, right? Cool. I am also a teen. Hello, fellow teens.)

>Because of his background, Reyes is "a little more serious" than other heroes, though he will have a rapport, a "kinship" with Laura, because they're both distrustful. "Having characters who are the same age, but from different backgrounds is always interesting," Smith said. "More likely than not, there's going to be a friction."
>
One character who won't show up (yet)? Miles Morales, the new-ish mixed-race Spider-Man who kicked off Marvel's trend toward diversity in 2011, despite my fervent wish for a modern riff on the line-up from 1991's Fantastic Four #348, where the title heroes were replaced by Spider-Man, The Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider. However, Smith is hoping the new Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan will show up, given the similarities between the two characters -- and a popular, now out of continuity story Smith wrote where the two had some romantic friction.

>"Having characters who are the same age, but from different backgrounds is always interesting," Smith said. "More likely than not, there's going to be a friction."

>According to TV Guide, Alonso said that the "macro picture" of this new Ghost Rider series is to inject him more into the main Marvel Universe.

All right lets get this over with:
>B-BUT FUCKING SJW
I dont anyone in Sup Forums dislike him

>MUH JOHNY BLAZE, MMUH DANIEL KETCH

I miss the first one too

>Alonso was also mum on the possibility of Phil Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. agents -- who also exist in Marvel Comics continuity -- showing up in the title, though did add that the "macro picture" of this new Ghost Rider book was to take Reyes, who existed previously in his own pocket not crossing over with other characters for the most part, into the Marvel Universe proper.

>Even if Coulson's (Clark Gregg) merry men (and women) don't make their way into the Ghost Rider comic, fans of ABC's TV show will find that what's on screen is reflected on the page. Smith recalled being surprised at San Diego Comic-Con after Ghost Rider was announced as a new character on the show, with a glimpse at the TV version's ride... which was the exact '69 Dodge Charger Smith had modeled Reyes' car on for the comics.

>More than that, Smith glimpsed production photos of Gabriel Luna, who is playing Robbie Reyes on the show, wearing Reyes' signature jacket. "It's super on point," Smith said excitedly, adding that the shop Reyes works at on the show is also straight out of the comics.

>"Fans of the comics will be happy with what's going on, on the show," Smith said, "And I hope fans of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will welcome Robbie and check out our books."

>>Ghost Rider hits the road this November from Marvel Comics.

COVER IS BY MARCO FUCKING CHECHETTO

Glad he's coming back. Also:

>Predictably, the first people we hear from are the naysayers," said Alonso. "People looking at the Marvel Universe now see a Marvel Universe that's reflective of everybody. It's [gotten] better and better in that way."

Fucking bullshit. Literally no one cared enough to complain. I hate how Marvel need to completely fabricate this shit to make "old" readers look bad for supporting their diversity agenda

HAHA TIME TO GHOST RIDE

What the fuck is this? America does Inferno Coppu? What's next? American Ninja Slayer?
Kill la Bill?

I don't think anyone really dislikes Robbie that much. At this point I think they just say this about every title out of habit.

>a "kinship" with Laura
LauraxRobbie?

>One character who won't show up (yet)? Miles Morales, the new-ish mixed-race Spider-Man who kicked off Marvel's trend toward diversity in 2011, despite my fervent wish for a modern riff on the line-up from 1991's Fantastic Four #348, where the title heroes were replaced by Spider-Man, The Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider
This man has good ideas.

Is the media way to do thing, make one side look like the devil and then you have won over the people.

Just like when democrats make the blacks believe the republicans were the devil.

Why not Johnny Blaze?

>Wasn't prompted by marvel television deciding to use the character
top kek, whatever you say guys

Laura only met Ghost rider (Blaze) once, they did a team up againts some gang because Laura wanted to see if she had a soul, since Ghost rider consume/destroy the soul of sinners, at the end Laura decided it was better if she didnt find out.

>More than that, Smith glimpsed production photos of Gabriel Luna, who is playing Robbie Reyes on the show, wearing Reyes' signature jacket. "It's super on point," Smith said excitedly, adding that the shop Reyes works at on the show is also straight out of the comics.

God damn it, give it to me

Because he's going to be in AoS.
All Ghost Riders sell like shit but Robbie at least has synergy to boost him.
Also I'm sure he'll show up in this as well

Can you not attempt to derail the thread with your shit
Thanks

Seriously. In Ghost Rider's case it's entirely in the canon that it gets passed on. Why be mad.

He lives on in our memories, if marvel diversity push ever fails, we will get him again.

I hope Smith draws some issues as well

She teamed up with Alejandra in Circle of Four.

He is the guy who does art for Deadpool vs. Gambit.

Sorry, would have been better if I just said only the first paragraph ?

I could give a shit about AoS, Im just happy Robbie is back.Hopefully his book is decent, god knows Marvel needs SOMETHING worth reading right now

When was the last time he even showed up? Danny was in Superior Spider-Man, Robbie of course had his own series, but that last thing I remember with Danny was Alejandra?

And now that I think about it, Johnny was also there in Circle of Four

Everyones last appearance was in Ghost Racers.

But if you mean in canon Johnny and Robbie bro'd it up in his ongoing

> New Ghost Riders series
> the new Ghost Rider series will be interconnected more to the larger scope of the Marvel U - including guest appearances by...

>Johnny and Robbie bro'd it up in his ongoing
fuck I must have missed that. It's not that the art was bad, I just couldnt get into it and skipped a few issues so I definitely missed that

>including guest appearances by...
Mephisto? Carter Slade? Black Heart?

Reyes, Cho, X-23, Mania team up when?

Chulk, Kamala, X-23

Eh, I don't blame them. Robbie needs the bump and guest appearances are the best bet.
Hopefully they aren't too often though

To be honest, I prefer Miles in Mania's spot, since I imagine Pak as the one who would be writing All New All Different Fantastic Four

>Marvel announces new Fantastic Four ongoing
>its that team
My god the trolling would be so beautiful it'd be worth it

Isn't lie come from ideas

Ah, I mean I don't mind Robbie, I used to hate him but he's better than fucking Miles and Kamala.

It would be kinda cool if NuGhost Rider came in and introduced the concept then Johnny enters the picture and shows him what a seasoned Rider can do

That's what happened in his ongoing. Johnny helped Robbie control Eli for a bit

Great, more Gringo Rider instead of real Ghost Rider. Marvel fucks up again.

Midnight Sons first
>Robbie
>Mania (though isnt her demon about to be purged anyway)
>Nico (though she should really be back with the rest of her family before something else bad happens to her)
>Blades daughter (stuck in development hell)
I don't even want it anymore, New FF please

Seriously? Huh, might need to pick it up then

>Real Ghost Rider
I too wish for more Carter Slade stories
>gringo
nigga you stupid

After posting I actually thought I liked Silk better in the 4th slot. Is Sabretooth still a good guy? Maybe him over Laura.

Sadly its the arc with the shit art but its still pretty nice

>it should be noted that in nearly all of these cases, the original characters are also still popping around the Marvel Universe

>Rich is dead
>Wolverine is dead
>Banner is going to die
>Blaze and Ketch are MIA
>Stark is disappearing

Why lie?

I'm down.
I honestly had quite the soft sport for Robbie.
I really liked his book.

Johnny is still around, he even had a team up with Robbie

Silk is a choice I hadn't thought of before, yet I really like it.

Also Ghost Racers was the Secret Wars GR book and it features Robbie, Johnny, Danny, Alejandra, Carter and GR 2099 all teaming up

Rich is coming back
(OM) Logans alive
Blaze and Ketch are definitely alive and popping up is the correct term for it
I'll give you that

Most of the hate was on AoS

>you will never play Galactus
kill me
Hey wait a minute, is this after Secret Wars?

Early part of her ongoing, preSW

>Robbie's back
Good shit.
>It's not a teamup of him and the previous Riders
Dammit.

dang

because he's literally powered by Satan and the House of Mouse said no.

>>The new series, appropriately titled Ghost Rider, will be written by Felipe Smith (who will also be doing art for the covers), with interior art by Danilo Beyruth. Tradd Moore, who co-created this brand new take on the character with Smith, will provide a back-up story in the first issue. The title launches ongoing this November.
TRADD, STOP SCREWING AROUND WITH OC DONUT STEELS AT IMAGE COMICS AND GET BACK TO GLORIOUS FIRE CAR ACTION SCENES!

this guys stuff looks really rough

Nah, the first response was NOT MUH, like it always fucking is.

>he's literally powered by Satan
No the fuck he is not.

>Mania (though isnt her demon about to be purged anyway)
Seems likely she's going to be Venom NOW.

well it's not 3D poser and there's a background so that makes him better than 90% of the artists in Marvel's bullpen

I know that. Flash is coming back to earth to clense her is what I mean, so her being on the bark and broody magic team wouldnt even happen
>Venom NOW
>No tits, hair, or style of any kind on that promo pic
I hope not. If it's gonna be Mania just tell us, don't pull an Jane Foster. Also bring back Scream and Anti-Venom you assholes

Doubt it. His animation job for TMNT keeps him too busy to draw issues. He said online that he struggled to finish drawing the last issue of the last run because of his schedule so that's why he needed Kris Anka to do fill-in art for it.

Yeah, it's better than that Gwenpool stuff he did which I where I know him from so I'll give it a try. I don't want to drop it this time

I saw no one going NOT MUH at the time

>Chicano from L.A
>Muscle car not a chopper.

But they are okay with a petty criminal powered by the ghost of a mass murderer?

>It's not going to be Johnny
>Not even Danny
JUST

>Felipe Smith still writing
>Back ups by Tradd Moore

FUCK YEAH

super excited for this. still waiting for the civil war 2 crossover with ms marvel

The only JUST here is you

Shipfag is cancer

the whole point/joke of the crossover team ups is that it's not a shipping thing

They seriously need to bring in half of those guys. Maybe they'll be the focus of the back ups. T-Rex Ghost Rider is just too fucking fun not to do something with.

Finally a new Marvel book that might not be garbage.

from what I remember Robbie got a lot of praise, especially in his Secret Wars tie in book.

Ghost Rider is powered by God's vengeance. He's an angel.

I have a feeling that Robbie Reyes is going to endure the test of time, unlike Ketch and Alejandra. Blaze will always stick around though, he's too iconic.

Fuck yeah! Was about time! let's hope his appareance in AoS wont influence the comic.
Now i just need Laura to take back her X-23 persona. I'm fine with her beign a legacy character, i just cant stand the costume and the name.

>where the two had some romantic friction.
A high-five is romantic friction?

I wonder if that asshole who ended up in wheelchair will still play a role. And the teacher, he was a cool dude.

>I'm fine with a legacy character minus the parts that make them a legacy character

That's not true at all newfag. Tons of people on Sup Forumscalled him a spic and all other fucked up shit.

Nope, the part that make a legacy character is the death of the main character.

that doesnt make any sense

Character design looks fucking retarded, how do you fuck up Ghost Rider's look that badly?

I'd probably be a little excited if it weren't for that.

>being called a spic is worse than be called a whor

>Danilo Beyruth
Is he good?

>Tradd Moore, will have a back-up story in the first issue, which is due in November.
Better than nothing, I guess. Wait, what is he even doing anymore. Luther Strode fucking ended, he isn't even drawing anymore except maybe as a cover artist every other year.

>called him a spic and all other fucked up shit
people here use cuck and nigger in every toher sentence
>all other fucked up shit
cry harder

Because he's not a traditional Ghost Rider?

Is she calling herself something new now or is she still Wolverine

>Is he good?
no