ITT: Normie-repellant

ITT: Normie-repellant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnvrjMke-HM
youtube.com/watch?v=LMpXUd_kesA
youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like this movie but it really would work better as 50 min tv episode as it was originally written

Great film. When I was little my parents had a VHS director's cut which is my favorite version and no longer exists unfortunately. The Goldsmith score is one of the best of all time.

If the second act was trimmed down a bit I think it would be perfect.

If only those long shots were slightly trimmed. I still want them to be long but just slightly less then this film would be perfect.

So, Veger went to a world of living robots and returned with technology far beyond what the Federation had. That was the Borg, right?

No, the planet was just robots only but the Borg are hybrids with lifeforms, it's theoretically possible that they were a Borg progenitor race, except for the fact that The Borg definitely weren't written until well into TNG, as their original concept was the parasite lifeforms you see in Conspiracy but they proved to be too expensive to film so their concept was cut down to The Borg, which had cheaper effects.

Hated the new sound effects track they added to the re-release. Wish I still had the version my parents had taped from TV.

Roddenberry got jelly of 2001 and tried to make his own shitting on and, nearly killing his franchise.. no thx

The Director's Cut is overrated in general. The rawer special effects fit the movie better.

Robert Wise directed both, that guy was a master. The Haunting is prob my favorite classic horror film.

i liked how the Ten Forward looked in this movie. Very funky

The whole ship was very loungy with feux-leather everywhere. It's cheesy as hell but still pretty cool, they worked really hard on those sets and spent a fortune on the film before it bombed.

better than jjabraham bullshit

TMP, Khan, Undisc Cunt, were well made thought provoking kino

Cabin fever

I mean cabin boy

I liked everything about the designs except for the uniforms.
(Lt.Ilia's outfit was nice though)

Everybody hated the uniforms because they couldn't pee without taking the whole thing off.

I want to see the extended version detailed here
youtube.com/watch?v=fnvrjMke-HM
which apparently someone created a torrent of but it's hidden on MySpleen and I don't have the patience to beg those neckbeards for an invite.

Those blue pants on Spock are brutal

I like sand and this movie offends me

>They cut all the bald girl scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=LMpXUd_kesA

I found out that normies have problems with Terry Gilliam,

>tfw hated sand for all of the reasons Anakin mentioned before the movie even came out
>tfw now only able to express a genuine opinion in the form of an ironic joke movie reference

Is this good? I really want to get into Lynch's filmography. I liked Eraserhead and Blue Velvet. What's his weirdest movie?

Inland is definitely his strangest.

youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

They are all weird.

>really want to get into Lynch's filmography
watch his films then?

All his films are weird but Empire's plot is almost completely non-linear and characters come and go and actors change characters for no obvious reason. By normal movie standards it's completely incoherent. But it's interesting.

Dune. Why would he direct that pleb trash?

moar liek The Motionless Picture amirite

>The Goldsmith score is one of the best of all time.

good choice to reuse the main title theme for TNG.

the Generations theme was almost recycled for Enterprise, probably should have been imo

God tier music

I will unfortunately admit that I've never finished this movie despite trying to watch it at least 3 times

I find it annoying in how hard it tries. At some point you just wonder if they have anything to actually say or if they're just throwing weird shit on screen in order to appear deep and complex.

watch Jodorowsky's Dune

he likes to just fuck with the audience.

Have watched that, I would have liked to see it made. Partly because the Lynch one was such an abortion.