How did Hollywood producers convince normies to go watch nerdy kid movies...

How did Hollywood producers convince normies to go watch nerdy kid movies? I remember back in the 90s normies looked down upon super heroes and shit like that.

No dude, comics have been mainstream since the 40s. Go find something else to whine about.

Not really, you don't know what you're talking about kid.

In the 90's, a lot of action cartoons became popular like Batman the Animated Series, Samurai Jack, X-Men, etc. The children who grew up watching those cartoons will pay big bucks to watch cape movies now and buy superhero merchandise. Since these movies are profitable now, studios keep making more of them.

I saw Batman 89 in theaters at 6 years old before you were born autismo. Batman 66, Superman 78, Batman, Marvel cartoons, X-Men in 2000, it's been consistently in popular culture. If you hate it so much I'm sure you'd spend your saturday starting a thread about it.

I remember that family gathering when my dad suggested to watch X-Men 1 with my uncle's family and they had this weird look on them

Bullshit, adult movies were popular with adults and shitty super heroes were fringe, stop larping as an adult.

Kek superloser 31 and on Sup Forums, you got no life loser.

there is nothing challenging or esoteric about superhero movies. they are pure prolefeed, total escapism. you talk as if their 'nerdiness' puts them on the level of movie adaptations of hard science fiction novels or something.

This is all very impressive OP. You're certainly a big boy now that you've moved past such childish things. A true cineaste indeed.

They tested the waters with really attractive actors and a gritty "realistic" style.

Notice that op used picture of Marvel universe. Though you are right comics have been in mainstream but there are two important changes: 1. They are bigger than ever as if the industry's life depends on it. 2. While DC poster boys were accepted the Marvel tier 2 characters and stories were not.

Marvel truly opened up these two developments

It's not just superhero movies. "Nerd culture" in general has become more mainstream. People used to watch shows like Friends - now they watch The Big Bang Theory. It used to be a rarity to see someone in a Star Wars t-shirt unless you were at a comic book store. Now they sell them at Walmart.

I think those movies attract normies because they attempt to be hyper realistic.

The Nolan movies maybe. A lot of the Marvel movies attempt to be more lighthearted and fun and people like the action/comedy combo.

These movies do well overseas (especially in China) and studios make a lot of money off of them.

>adult movies were popular
>Jaws
>Star Wars
>Disney
>Shirley Temple

um....

Normal people saw Star Wars and maybe bought a few toys or bedsheets for their children and that was the extent of it. There was a subculture of nerds who got really obsessed with it and they were looked down on by the rest of the society for the most part. If you were wearing Star Wars stuff as an adult, you were looked at as slightly weird. Now, it's socially acceptable, especially since Disney took over and there's a fuckload of merchandise everywhere.

>they were looked down on by the rest of the society for the most part

Really? Go on.

>Lawrence of Arabia
>Taxi Driver
>Godfather
Fuck you for making me type out these obvious examples, adults watched adult movies and not faggoty star wars trash.

This is incorrect.

Are those mainstream?

[spoilet]how is their box office performance?[/spoiler]

All these autist trying to act like the reason they're social outcast is because they're and not insufferable faggots.

this

What IS a normie?

>back in the 90s normies looked down upon super heroes and shit

No. They really didn't.