SKWAD Storytime: Suicide Squad Part 3

Time to continue with this great run, but first, an awesome miniseries by the team who brought you Suicide Squad

Also vote:
strawpoll.me/10939607
strawpoll.me/10942090

SUICIDE SQUAD BODYCOUNT: 7 1/2

Previous threads:

I love this mini. Bulletproof was good too but wish they stick up with his son's death instead of her daughter as his moral.

Hey neat, I wonder if this will explain more of Floyds hate for bitches and whores

I'm not that fond of Bulletproof myself desu

Are the works of Ariosto known in the USA?

>Classic Deadshot
Nice

Having only read what you've posted so far its strange how they merged Nightshade and Enchantress as well as replacing Bronze Tiger with Katana in the film.
I guess the latter is more of a diversity thing since they cast Floyd as black?
Also Floyd didn't smoke enough in the film either

Not that much, but Ostrander and Yale are (and were, RIP) cultured folk, which is why I take Ostrander's SKWAD review very seriously

Loving this art

Yeah, Floyd is one of the few things that bothered me about the movie, but hey, if Ostrander's OK with it...

I'm not a huge fan of McDonell but he's on point in this mini

>diversity
they could take any other black character but they made him black. more like memeversity.

he said he is not Deadshot. At least not his Deadshot.

Won't watch the movie because tumblr elements and cut scenes anyway.

>Ol'mammy Waller
DAS RACIST

>he said he is not Deadshot. At least not his Deadshot.
Yes, and he said he was OK with it and liked what Smith did with the character since his Deadshot was practically nothing like the original Deadshot anyway

>that moustache
Uh, looks like you need a trim Floyd

Copra #27 went up today for anyone who buys the singles

What I saw from the trailers Will Smith was just being himself. Well maybe I will see that movie someday. If they make extended version money grabbing shit I would pirate it tho. The guy who sues the WB is right. They are doing this shit since LotR I think. Butchering the movie, gaining the money and then "Hey that film wasn't complete just buy the DVD right now!!!!"

And tried to read old Checkmate and Vigilante comics yesterday. Both have awesome potential, both comic has awesome costumes but they can't show the real stuff reader wants. At least what I want. Hell, did only Ostrander and couple of guys succeeded in that era with these kind of new stuff(from their age)? Or Am I getting bored reading that era?

I can't believe shit like that still gets past editors

>Butchering the movie, gaining the money and then "Hey that film wasn't complete just buy the DVD right now!!!!"
OK, I'll admit that is pretty shitty and wouldn't be surprised if they make a "Joker Cut" or director's cut or whatnot

Doesn't Vigilante get pretty damn dark as it goes on?
I only know of the ending through word of mouth and pictures posted here

Are you saying Ostrander won't watch the movie or you won't? Because Ostrander definitely watched the movie.

Also, you should read Manhunter, also by Ostrander and Yale.

Yeah I know what will happen to MC. But just can't getting into it. Like you are reading old Stan Lee stuff. Lots of letters just for nothing and whoops action sequence and cliffhanger end for chapter.

I meaned myself.

yeah will check out next. His formula really works.

Before this I wasn't too bothered how much they had changed Deadshots design in the film but it slowly taking on that iconic charm and its pretty bad how much they changed it.

That's cape movies for you. I only wish he had worn the mask more

It'd be interesting to see how someone like Wilkinson would have approached it. As long as he didn't get too reliant on darker colors or stuff like
>the corset was stained red by by the blood of her enemies

They had to market his face. Who cares about fans?(!)

>the directors cut just hastily edits the mask over Will Smiths face in every scene

kek

I'd pay for that.

What a chump.

Why? He doesn't wear the mask that much in the Ostrander comics anyway. besides, it would look really awkward for him to wear a full facemask while everyone else is maskless.

I don't know, it's just his iconic look. I get giddy with stuff like that, like when Harley's original costume appears in the movie

This page still hurts me as hell.

Ooooooh fuck
Jesus

Welp, this has to go for one of the more fucked up sequences I've read this year

Do it, Floyd, kill them all

Ostrander and Yale don't fuck around

Wait did he fucked his dead child body? Didn't notice he was naked first time I read. Seriously fuck...