Fritz the Cat

What does Sup Forums think of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8lft7b_L664
youtube.com/watch?v=tTqr5kgXYds
comixjoint.com/fritzthecat.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EL8g0JkJjZY
youtube.com/watch?v=otZL-EfgrG4
youtube.com/watch?v=sWTHF6iUjwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overrated.

With a lot of subtext that's not easily understood due the mix of violence or sex in every other scene.

I liked the orgy scene.

DUDE WEED LMAO
IM SO INTELLECTUAL DUDE! I AM SATIRE ABOUT MURICAN SOCIETY DUDE! PEACE

Cause, It's a bitchy movie.

Kind of a mess, but not without charms.
Needed more scenes with the chubby catgirl.

It's better than Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat.

There, I said something nice about it.

I used to work with a guy who was helping Bakshi on one of his projects. Apparently he's just as much an asshole as everyone says. Well, more controlling then anything, but his wife is nice.

I liked the rape scene

Enjoy The Full Movie

-> youtube.com/watch?v=8lft7b_L664

I think it's good and love the grimey feel to the whole thing. It's vulgar and shit but there's real good scenes too.

youtube.com/watch?v=tTqr5kgXYds

100% accurate

>opens with a fart joke

Oh boy, what a cerebral film.

>Movie criticizes pseudo-intellectuals
>Is psuedo-intellectual its self
This is what bothered me most about the movue

Here The Female Trio Of Fritz the Cat (the fox girl, the poodle girl, and the cat girl)

the poodle girl (color white and purple tones clothes) Its named Charlene

the vixen (or fox) girl (with green dress) Its named Winston
the cat girl (the glasses, and blond) Its named Dee-Dee

Can you define what made it psuedo-intellectual? It's been a while but I don't recall this movie going for anything close to intellectualism.

Since when has Winston ever been a female name?

Also, there were two chicks in that movie named Winston. The floozy and his overbearing Jewish girlfriend. I didn't get why Bakshi decided to give two chicks the same obscure and not-female name.

certainly a mystery

i love robert crumbs work, but this film just gives me a headache whenever i watch it. boring and dull, but seeing everything in color is really nice. didn't crumb himself say he didn't like the film at all?

to see a bit of comic Fritz The Cat
comixjoint.com/fritzthecat.html

I think it's great and pretty funny. I don't get why people hate it so much.
Sure it's a bit pretentious at parts, but that's also kinda the point

i didn't.

wasn't graphic enough.

Here the wife and son (The son is named Ralphie) of Fritz The Cat (shown in the film of The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat From 1974)

Yeah he hated it and in response he ended the Fritz comic with killing him getting killed by his girlfriend.

Crumb fucking hated the movie, he says it's the reason he never tried cartoons again.

I think the attempt was well intentioned, they wanted to shock and provoke and be edgy. Which is exactly what the movie does, to mixed effect. It honestly didn't put me off until the part with the dynamite and the power plant, that shit was fucked up. Eco terrorism was just a part of the zeitgeist back then and it was really creepy to consider that. Also the abuse themes with the donkey girl were kind of upsetting.

I'd fuck the shit out of any of the females in the movie though. Even the racist caricature crow-girl. ESPECIALLY the crow girl. I was actually pretty disappointed that Fritz didn't fuck her to satisfaction but the "revolution" part was sad and hilarious even so.

good for its time

Obviously took alot of effort to get made

I always thought they were the same girl.

Or maybe the floozy reminded Fritz of his ex?

in this scene becomes the first Winston appears (which seemed at the beginning of the film, and then in the bathtub)
youtube.com/watch?v=EL8g0JkJjZY

The way I read into it was that Fritz was projecting what he wanted from his girlfriend (Winston) onto the floozy (whom is only ever referred to as Winston by Fritz).

His actual girlfriend was a controlling cunt who wouldn't put out, so he fantasized that the braindead bimbo that hung on his every word and loved having sex was Winston (also, she kinda looked like his girlfriend).

But I don't think Fritz the Cat was meant to be that deep. It was probably just a stupid fuckup.

the first movie was good but the second one is just a mess.
my favorite scene is when fritz is on top of a car a crow/black dude off camera yells "GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR"
youtube.com/watch?v=otZL-EfgrG4

I watched this on netflix late at night for the purpose of seeing animal sex, so I didn't really try listen for any meanings. I liked the non sex parts too I guess.

The history of liberal ham fisting parody the movie

Anthro sex actually made it better

youtube.com/watch?v=sWTHF6iUjwI
Best scene

The movie itself is pretty boring and bad.

The stylization is neat, and the history aspect of it is cool, but beyond that its a pretty shit movie.

Heavy Traffic is better