Ultimate Marvel universe Reed Richards

What went wrong?

What was this guy's fucking problem?

This is like what would happen if you took one of those school shooters, those schizo-ass white boys, and give them 1000 years to plan the ultimate revenge. That shit still blows my mind

Sue dumped him. Still don't know what happened to Ultimate Sue, did she end up dead? I hope so.

what a dumb looking costume

she took off Reed's balls with a fucking force field I think, it was pretty funny

Yeah, it's all pretty much Sue's fault. She dumped him because he helped save the world instead of sitting next to her doing nothing.
All the things that happen after he blew up his home were done to save the universe (which timetraveling Sue told him to do). The world was far better off under the rule of the dark ultimates: no more hunger, no wars, science was open to everyone (no patents) etc.
He tried to save the universe 3 times but was stopped every time. It was the right thing for him to do to build the ark thing and survive.

Nope, she stopped that to get, unbeknown to him, pregnant with Ben's child.

> Ultimate Reed
> Wrong

Go to be Humphries.

I like the way they went and am glad they brought him over. He has real potential in the hands of a capable writer. If you think about it he can be real frightening. That first new avengers arc though kinda felt like he was a generic mustache twirler. How did that turn out btw? I dropped that title pretty fast.

>he comes in slices

Hes supposed to be a big threat again after Civil Shit II right

how

ultimate universe was class Z irreversibly erased from the multiverse. IT can never come back. everyone else in it was scrubbed from existence.
(which should have happened back in hunger. There was no way anyone should have been able to beat Galactus in a universe where the only deus ex was kitty pryde being enlarged to beat the snot out of him)

Everyone except Miles.

Didnt reed basically do world peacein like a day?

because Dedato is """"""drawing"""""" it, by which I mean the colorist is layering (poorly I may add, but I wouldn't want to color his work either) the thing over a traced poser model.
He looked much better under Ribic

Yep.

Fialkov was the hero we needed.

Through violent coercion (which is still better than no world peace) but yes

He never knew his father and thus he never found the right way to beat his wife to keep her from being an evil bitch.

This happened before or after the children of tomorrow? Also how did they justify the others taking him down and undoing what he did? Because I bet that's what happened.

He got manipulated by yet another evil future version of Ultimate Sue.

They revealed that while he was the smartest man in the Ultimate universe, he's just kinda smarter than average in 616, because that universe is fundamentally different than 1610 or something. So he had some master plan to fuck up the New Avengers with a team of Revengers, but he was getting played the whole time.

Really affected his ego.

After.

I'll be honest, I think it all gets ignored by every other book in the line. This was at the point where they'd already decided Ultimates was over, and it was winding down.

I will never stop laughing at how gay and retarded looking the children of tomorrow looked

>supposed to be hyper advanced humanity
>Butterfly wings and open cockpit robots

When you kill Odin, Asgard, America, half of Europe, and fucking everyone else, without breaking a sweat, you're allowed to look a little silly.

They were literally defeated by cancer.

Oh please, DC could do that with the joker and a literal clown superman army because people don't give a shit about plot or scope and simply care about spectacle.

I find it hilarious because they are such a stupid looking threat who literally had plot armor to do all you said and I am glad the Ultimate universe died with their blatant pisspoor writing.

Children of Tomorrow were probably the most hilariously bad part of anything Marvel did in a while, because they were basically the Cancerverse or the Annihilation wave only they looked like retards so they needed to destroy asgard to be taken seriously.

Retconned to be an Infinity Stone, which is significantly less shit.

How did an infinity stone end up in Tony's brain?

Good question.

Reed implies he's going to explain it, but then doesn't really. Unless it's in a later issue, I forget. This book is 3 years old, I don't know where all the time went.

from what I understand, his brain gave birth to it,

What's the essential Ultimate Reed list?

How did he manage to keep himself alive for a thousand years?

Man, Hickman's Ultimates has so much potential.

It's still my favorite cancelled project, would some day be finished?

I want and Ultimate Ultimate Universe.

He went full /r9k/

>write one of the less interesting doctor doom portrayals
>call it reed richards

Of course not, Ultimate universe is dead.

Which is a shame, there was genuinely great stuff in there, but it all came tumbling down.

The children of tomorrow arc was where I had hope again, only to lose it all in one issue.

How could a book with hype like this shit itself so bad? Goddamnit.

>Through violent coercion (which is still better than no world peace) but yes
You realize that all peace is achieved through implied violence which is a form of coercion yes?

>What went wrong?
Humphries.

I will never not be mad.

How were they strong enough to kill the asgardians?

In-Universe...
his problem was that he was too smart.
Think about it, here's this kid who has deduced fundamental threats to existence itself transpiring around him and he's more than aware that the primitive petty humans on his planet are putting him on the national security threat lists.
Even the smartest people around him dismiss his warnings and focus on little things like individual lives and superficial heroics.
Why couldn't they see that he was right? Why wouldn't they just believe that he had their (or at least reality's) best intrests at heart?
There were preparations to be made, technologies to be developed from "aquired" resources, knowledge to be obtained at any cost, obvious inevitable hinderances to remove before they became threats to their own interests and traitors to their own causes, and a future to create...
How small and irrelevant the concept of morality seems in leiu of that!

>he's just kinda smarter than average in 616
So he's just average guy? How does he get anything done.

Ultimate Reed compressed time in the dome he created and gave himself a thousand years to develop the technology to combat gods.
If Reed puts his mind to a problem for a thousand years, he's likely to figure it out.

SPOILER: . 616 Reed is a bit of an underachiever. .

>They revealed that while he was the smartest man in the Ultimate universe, he's just kinda smarter than average in 616, because that universe is fundamentally different than 1610 or something.
Source or panel? Just curious.

>Implying that mudshits, Russia, and China would ever quit the shit without having a visible gun to their head and knowing that the holder will pull the trigger at a moments notice if they act up.

basically his sanity broke and sue breaking up with him to go be a whore was the straw that broke the proverbial camels back.

Nothing. He became what he was meant to be.
Sue was his anchor to not loosing himself. Without her or their kids he became lost in himself and became one of the greatest villains ever.

Bravo

New Avengers 14

I wouldn't say that makes him average, he's still up there.

Ultimate Reed is effectively immortal and unkillable. His body is just a stack of sentient microbes IIRC and he lacks an centralized organs or anything of the sort, he just assumes the form of his old self out of habit.

Definitely, he admits that he simply isn't the biggest brain around, a fact/possibility that he already acknowledged with his "Children."

So in now dead ultimate universe he was basically the most intelligent man in the universe but 616 universe he's just at pretty fucking smart or is it because he simply doesn't understand the basics of his new reality yet?

I wonder if him getting sliced like ham in Secret Wars led to each piece to regenerate into a separate Reed

Still confused how he survived being chopped up by the most powerful being in cosmic marvel and the preceding events that jumpstarted the multiverse

They were beating the shit out of the 616 heroes too in the first issue of SW.

Why didn't they just shoot them?

I can't find the panels, but in the Ult-verse infinity stones are scar tissue to protect the universe. If you've played FFVII they are like the Weapons. Reed describes Tony's brain as "toxic", because of his weapon ideas. The stones only seem to come at cosmic level threats, so Tony must have had some idea dangerous enough that the universe decided to put a rock in his head. The Ult-verse basically sees Stark as the only living man who has ideas more powerful and more dangerous than the Maker and his Children and decides it needs to defend itself in case Tony acts on them, though I don't think he ever does.

Y'know it seems like a great time to explore the ultimate universe. With Miles gone we can revisit Ultimate parker. With Ben and Sue's child to make a new FF. Then I wouldn't mind some exploration of Ult. Tony, Ult. Thor with his old hammer, and Ult. Falcon NOT taking the role of Cap, and maybe making a new team with Jocasta to explore space or something.

I think the later.

So how did he survive getting killed by molecule man and the recreation of the multiverse?

man evil Tony and evil Reed are sure scary
make me wonder why the good guy super genius never upgrade themselves to become better?

Who's evil tony?

Evil Reed was never a good idea. It was Bendis' idea. Something he introduced in Ultimate Enemy, once again without considering previous continuity.

Likewise, he also concluded the previously nonexistent love triangle between Reed, Sue and Ben, which ended in Sue fucking marrying Ben.

As is Bendis' MO, he left the job to other (better) writers to clean up his mess and attempt to explain what went wrong. Turns out you can't fix an assassinated character.

My favourite theory that I've seen so far is that somehow each 'slice' of him became it's own separate entity. And that's partly why he doesn't appear to be quite as smart as he was in New Avengers

I hope he can reform into a big brain.

Which is funny, since Reed said they cured cancer in their first year inside the Dome, 0.19 seconds in real time.

Hickman's FF kind of used Evil Reed or ambigiously moral take-control Reed for the center point of his run though

AXIS Tony
Superior Iron Man

Plus if Ultimate U is a more real take on 616 then Doctor Doom naturally wouldn't be the most dangerous person on Earth because Reed was always smarter and more devious.

Ironically he became this person because of Sue from the future telling him to do these things. So either way it's Sue's fault.

Latter: he basically has to re-learn how everything works.

I hope he learns it and becomes more than just a semi obscure evil planner for heroes to thwart.

its heavily implied that Molecule Man slicing him up ultimately led to there being an evil Reed in nearly every universe, and that they are each learning how their new universe works while sharing their discoveries,
in other words, there's a council of evil reeds on the horizon as a 'big deal' villain sect to replace the now-dead beyonders

Goddamn, I feel terrible for future writers at Marvel. After the shitstorm of this decade and when Ike the Kike finally dies., they are going to have to do so much damage control.

oh fug
when was it implied?

he comes in slices.

Sue didn't just dump him, her reasoning for dumping Reed was that he wasn't shallow and she wanted to be a slut.

Since New Avengers referred to him with the caption "Superpower: He comes in slices", I think that's practically confirmed.

Not every universe, just the ones on the central finite curve.

Page?

nearly every time he's shown up in new avengers the narration repeats the 'he has a secret: he comes in slices' gag, he mentioned having contacts in other universes that supplied some of the tech he's working with, and has assembled a 'new revengers' villain squad including a couple members from other universes themself

her reason was she was dealing with too much emotional baggage and didn't need a serious relationship on top of everything else.

>Superpower: He comes in slices"
50 issues later, it turns out he's just been sneaking into the Baxter building and jerking off in the deli meat.

Is he a virgin?

pretty much every single issue to date...

he's narcissistic enough to have had freaky sex with his 'children' while in that pocket dimension for ten centuries

Nope, she wanted dem dicks.

That's where her retarded port for everyone's ship analogy came from or something like that.

They call him a kid genius, that should tell you enough.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #1-18
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Extinction
Ultimate Comics Enemy
Ultimate Comics Mystery
Ultimate Comics Doom
Ultimate Fallout #4
Ultimate Comics: Ultimates #1-12
Ultimate Comics: Ultimates #25-30
Avengers (2012)/New Avengers (2013)
Secret Wars
Avengers #0
New Avengers (2015) #1-2

from reddit

They'll just do a Flashpoint-style reboot to fix up most things.There's gonna be some definite damage done by Bendis, but it can still be fixed.with little worries.

>What went wrong?

Sue treated him like shit, and stepped all over his feelings while deliberately toying with his emotions.

Lesser men have been driven mad by such crimes.

>gay and retarded looking

Are you twelve? You know you have to be at least eighteen to post here right?

"Bullets, my only weakness!"

This, it absolutely killed the character.

And when Hickman could fix him, he ignored it and decided to keep masturbating to reed vs doom.

>Fialkov
Was his run where that scene of Maker taking apart Tony's brain comes from?

yep, pretty neat stuff

Reed go home

Marvel is dung

No one bought it, like at all, it was an unmitigated fiscal failure. The new 52 basically flooded it out the market.

Marvel told Hickman to switch up the story in a desperation move, he refused and they graciously let him resign and have Dogfucker continue on from his outlines.

I can't trust a man who puts ultron faces on his robots