Can a Croatian or Bosnian or any other Balkan tell me about this...

Can a Croatian or Bosnian or any other Balkan tell me about this? I know it's probably so Bosnia and Herzegovina have access to the Med, but why does Croatia have that part below it too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpy96iuwqVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=giczq8EF-K8&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

google is your friend

Rightful Venetian land

Dubrovnik is Bosnian clay in Portuguese maps

south of black line is not what people think when they think of Croatis, a slavic land

I've tried but I don't even know what to google, my results are all about bullshit

What do you mean? Are they people south of that line like dark-skinned Albanians?

They wish
They're just wh*Toid invaders from North

Off-topic, but how are Balkan relations right now? Anything happening in the powder keg of Europe?

are you still here? i can greentext it if you want

When Dubrovnik was a city-state, they hated Venetians so hard that they sold a part of their land to the Ottomans just so they wouldn't have to border V*nice. Most of Bosnia should be Croatia, though, desu.

Kill yourself.

Just standard shit-flinging. Bosnians Serbs still want out of Bosnia and Albanians want to steal everyone's land.

>Zara
youtube.com/watch?v=zpy96iuwqVQ

>I know it's probably so Bosnia and Herzegovina have access to the Med, but why does Croatia have that part below it too?

Because Croatia has a bigger army, simple as that.

That corridor is older than Yugoslavia.

i always get cheap baked goods there when i drive through it, it's nice but the border waiting times can be really long

Bosnia is a non-country, Macedonia is a non-country, Montenegro is a non-country and Kosovo is a non-country. And almost every problem revolves around that.

I'M pretty sure most people think about Split when they think about Croatia

split is a shithole, go visit the islands instead

Because Tito wanted to grant bosnians entry to the sea. Reason being for (local) tourism and harbour to be more inpedend from other states.
T. Oldfag yugo

To explain why lower part is in croatia, well... Because it is croatias land

> Macedonia
You mean Skopia. Macedonia is a Greek region.

thank you Portugal
you are my best friend
you are the peace keeper
you are the legend

>split
>not palagruza
youtube.com/watch?v=giczq8EF-K8&t=

no
it is that way because of historical habbenings when dubrovnik (croatian city state republic) sold a part of their land to the Ottoman Empire on order to seperate their land from the venetians so they couldn't have land access to them making them more safe

in*

Why is still that way though? it doesn't make sense especially when you consider Neum is mostly inhabited by Croats

i think it is because nato made the borders between croatia and bosnia, i might be wrong

kad vec dudlate dudlajte na njemackom ko pravi hrvati

alles klar meine freunde

>Why is still that way though?
Probably to prevent a chimpout. Most of the internal Yugoslav borders were drawn after historical ones. If Neum was given to Croatia, then Serbs would ask why xyz part of Bosnia wasn't given to Serbia, then Croats would say that xyz is bigger than Neum so Croatia should get more of Hercegovina, etc. etc. until someone starts shooting.

It's a tiny town, anyway.

>nato made the borders between croatia and bosnia

it was a guess
fuck you nigger

đe ti je ananas majmune?

how can you make such stupid guess?

sto?

idk
serbs always claim njato njato
i thought it made sense
why are the borders like that anyway

Ne treba biti Hrvat da googla popis stanovišta za Neum.

the Croats took the it while being under austro-hungarian empire and the boshnjaks got BTFO

It's already been explained in the thread. Dubrovnik gave the land to the Turks to avoid bordering Venetians. When Austrians annexed Bosnia, they organised it as a separate region, which included Neum. It remained the same in Kingdom of Yugoslavia until banovine were introduced and it remained the same with republics within Yugoslavia because they kept the late 19/early 20th century borders.

i am pretty sure that the yugoslav republic borders were different but i knew about the ottoman ragusan shit

>i am pretty sure that the yugoslav republic borders were different
What is wrong with you?

mb i was thinking of banovina yugoslavia

ti ko da si tek iz sume izaso

>Crna gora, montenegro
>Name literally means "Black mountain"
>Emblem is a white mountain

because most of Bosnia was Croatian

Which is why I wrote:
>until banovine were introduced

I think that the blackness is supposed to be referring to evergreen forests. And that one is showing a specific hill with someone's tomb built on top.

jesu to radili hrpe banovina u Srbiji da si osiguraju vlast?

>the Croats took the it while being under austro-hungarian empire and the boshnjaks got BTFO
The first royal cities of our kingdom were situated in Dalmatia. We didn't take it, we tried to keep it.

Isus te jebo, imali smo bolje obrazovanje u mom selu
Kakva mrtva "republika", pa stavljaš karte kraljevine, ovo ostalo se ne da bre da se komentariše
Mora da si stranac, jebo mater krinća

I looked some more into it apparently it shows mount lovčen which is were the mausoleum of Petar njegoš is located, Njegoš appears to be a montenegrin national hero.
Pic related is a picture of mount lovčen which explains why the emblem is white.
According to wikipedia there's a black version of the emblem too.

Who would've thought i'd learn more about Yugoslavia from Sup Forums than my parents

>appears to be
He is the hero all of us west Balkanites needed, but never deserved

njegos is one of the biggest serbs
todays montenegrins are traitors

wtf haven't you heard of Karlowitz??

Ne, već kada je pripojena teritorija bosanskohercegovački muslimani su se izborili da BiH ima banovine u granicama šest spahija za vrijeme Turaka, Hrvatska banovine iz vremena A-U, a Srbija je po opštinama prije rata išla, uz dodatak Vojvodine.

Shut up faggot
That border has been there since the 1600s(as already pointed out here )
The communists didn't draw any borders(in Bosnia's case at least),they only merely acknowledged the historical ones