Why americans are so attracted to the muscle cars? A Muscle Car is nothing: not elegant, not fast...

Why americans are so attracted to the muscle cars? A Muscle Car is nothing: not elegant, not fast, useless waste of gasoline and sound like a fucking tractor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNjqtBLtXp4
youtube.com/watch?v=6GWrptWeuPs
youtu.be/hSO45nY713Q?t=16s
youtu.be/ucoo4Ky4m-c?t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=9kWUJuU-H5A
transportation.gov/policy-initiatives/grow-america/road-and-bridge-data-state
messynessychic.com/2015/10/07/the-swedish-subculture-hoarding-more-1950s-american-cars-than-the-usa/
pri.org/stories/2012-08-27/why-swedes-love-classic-american-cars
youtube.com/watch?v=NFrt1fp5NMQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just like we are attracted to compact tiny cars

Ahhhh why are American x
Ahhhhj it's because we are y. Is that answer clear op?

The Challenger srt has 707 hp

>Not fast
What?

They're fast cheap and easily accessible to the majority of the population.

Pic related is $30,000, has a V8 and hits 0-60mph in 4.3 seconds.

oh yeah so cheap so reliable so awesome sounding
youtube.com/watch?v=UNjqtBLtXp4

fuck off.

compensation

أوه نعم حتى رخيصة حتى موثوق بها السبر رهيبة جدا

youtube.com/watch?v=6GWrptWeuPs

Reddit meme

One of those little fartboxes smoked my Corvette
They can be very fast

Why are you so obsessed?

>Not elegant
Never been the point of them
>Not fast
Compared to what? They're plenty fast for how much they cost
>Useless waste of gasoline
How good is the MPG on European sports cars that can go as fast as muscle cars?
>Sound like a tractor
Dodge Challenger r/t in your pic
youtu.be/hSO45nY713Q?t=16s
John Deere 7810
youtu.be/ucoo4Ky4m-c?t=23s

>Pic related is $30,000

What the fuck?? I thought it's a very expensive car, here in Russia a used Mustang costs around $70k, a new one is probably twice as much as that.

And tb h I'm okay with this,some car is always faster than other. It's just is a matter of taste. Someone wants to own Supra, someone wants to own Corvette.
And just 1 (one) fag here don't respect opinion of others.

Muscle Cars never been expensive. (in US)

Nobody in Europe buys them anyways, so it might as well just be a showoff's car to say to everyone else "I can afford expensive things" while still having a car that's relatively cheap to maintain

I got one of these for $5,000, with a shitty motor, but I changed it.

That's what happens when you live in a shithole.

top gear had an episode in america about muscle cars just go watch that.

fix it again tyrone

>A Muscle Car is nothing: not elegant, not fast, useless waste of gasoline and sound like a fucking tractor.
You just listed all the reasons why people like them. They're toys
Look at the newest Dodge Demon (keep in mind Dodge is a FIAT brand). It's only purpose is to be able to smoke every single road-legal vehicle off the red light. It was built for that very simple thing, it does that very simple thing well and that thing is it's single selling point.

>$70k,
That's what you get when you take a base line price in the US, slap tariffs, import costs, shipping costs, registration cost, the manufacturer's cost to get the car road legal (beaurocratic ones) and the cost of possible modifications to actually get the car legal (headlights in US and Europe are different, same was true for blinkers).
And car sales in the US are subsidized by the government.

>And car sales in the US are subsidized by the government

Why do Yuro-peons keep saying this? What ass like crevice do you pull this shit out of?

It's the fuel and tax cost that's the dealbreaker.
You can pick up import American V8s for really, really cheap here for what they are mileage, age etc.

How many times american car companies were bailed out of crisis because muh too big to fail only to use that money to stick their cancerous dick even further into projects that would otherwise allow americans to be less dependant on them?
Oil subsidies are a thing. Your government subsidies corn, which then is used to make ethanol (with subsidies) only to be mixed with subsidized gasoline.

Ford wasn't bailed out by the government, that would be GM and Chrysler (the latter of which was only manufacturing garbage at the time and totally deserved their bankruptcy) they're the only American car company worth half a shit. Jeep/Ram/Dodge don't count since they're owned by pasta niggers.

Ford is also moving towards full hybrid/electrification of it's lineup soon. So that oil alliance shit doesn't carry weight. The next generation Mustang is going to feature hybrid/EV variants.

We have way more muscle cars in Sweden actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=9kWUJuU-H5A

>when Sweden holds the largest American car meet in the entire world
>20 000+ V8's in one field
>some of the rarest cars ever made
>beer, smell of burning rubber, the rumble of big blocks and angry small blocks

I love American cars.

Is there any import/registration tax on cars imported from elsewhere in the EU?
:thinking:

why is it in english?

I think most countries have that weird legislation that allows you to bring any vehicle you wish once it reaches certain age. In Poland I think it's somewhere around 30 years after the end of production.

They are pretty cheapo to get hear.
You can have one for 10k€.
The thing is that they are worthless in a city since they are senselesly whide.
Then they will eat up like 30-40l for 100km inside a city.

I don't know it's a simple style product for people in love with American 70s movies.

Because it attracts a lot of tourists.

Because people from all over the world shows up?

Well, I wasn't talking about things that old t bh.
But for instance I know in PL it's around 20%, it's a lot in Ireland and Malta.
No such thing in the UK. Hence asking.

This. PBM is amazing. I go every year.

They're kind of fun for drag racing.

American authorities have hidden the true costs of car ownership basically since the '60s by neglecting road maintenance. Barely any large projects have been built since, everything else have been kept barely running. Your interstates, bridges and partially local roads are in disrepair. It's virtually impossible to maintain your level of road network for your level of population density with your level of tax spendings. Towns have started depaving residential roads and turning them into gravel roads because they couldn't afford repaving them. Unless you make driving significantly more expensive you'll continue to go down that road. I'm only wondering how many collapsed interstate bridges and innocent deaths it'll take for the hindsight. And don't get me started about the effect of mass car ownership on urban planning, segregation and social cohesion.

Muscle cars were pretty cool, for their era they made sense and it's actually an acomplishment I'll fully credit Americans with.

Now they've become semi-luxury vehicles, not realy all that different from Italian luxury cars except in that they appeal to a demographic beyond the ultra rich.

I think this only applies to non-EU imports. Toll-free movement of goods is one of the fundamental principles of the EU if I'm not mistaken.

You're mistaken.
I'm taking within EU.

>the german is confused by the lack of state involvement
>low car prices SCARE him- he reverts to "let me tell you about your country" in an effort to rationalize it.

truly a fascinating people

>some of the rarest cars ever made
Eeehh, 99.9% of American collectors cars in Europe are babby's first American car. The REALLY obscure shit would be even harder to maintain here than it already is in the US. Try finding engine parts for a Packard, for a Nash or for a straight-8 Buick.

There's one funny anomaly though. Four doors and wagons. Americans trashed a ton of theirs in crash derbies through the decades because they traditionally consider them worthless and disposable compared to two door coupes, and now it seems like in some cases we have more of them left, especially in restored condition, then they themselves do.

They can't even drive them,.

I don't need to tell you about your country, your own president (alongside infrastructure experts) has repeatedly stated that your infrastructure needs upwards of a trillion dollars just to get it back into a safe, usable condition. Only problem is he's got no clue where to take the money from now that he's slashed his own tax household.

It's the same with the French car industry, they get billions in government subsidies.

The wonders of American chassis and suspension engineering.

No there is literally a rare car field.
Last year about 1200 of the rarest American cars attended, from all over the world.
There's auctions in the fields, some cars go for several million Euros.
Cars like the 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 to the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 and 67 Ford Fairlane 500 R-Code etc. Cars that only exists in double digit numbers.

t.
I don't get why these are so popular in Britain anyways

>States being shit at managing their tax to expenditure ratios means that the government is subsidizing American automakers

Fucking what.

Anyway, the most subsidized car company in the US is actually BMW ironically. The state they built their factory in has given them billions in concessions over the years.

I saw an interesting "Canadian-style" sports car in a museum in Ottawa. They modeled the front of it like an American muscle car and the back of it like a fancy European sports car.
I wish I remembered what it was called.

If I'm totally honest, this is the best American car.... and low and behold, it's really British.

>low and behold
>low

>cars of which tens of thousands were built in that year alone but with a special engine tune and badge
>SUPER RARE SUPER RARE SUPER RARE

Another nice Anglo-American car here.

Yes that's what rare means... But if you want truly, one of a kind cars there is always several of those as well.

Considering literally every street I walk down every single time I go to get a fucking coffee has at least a fucking half dozen muscle cars parked on it, I very fucking much doubt that.

The prevalance of Mustangs in suburban areas alone is memeworthy.

Hiding costs is consumer expenses being managed in a way to encourage purchases, therefore it has the same basic effect as a subsidy. Not raising registration taxes or gas taxes helps the car industry in the same way that low property taxes help the construction industry.

Federal nation mate. Road maintenance, quality and cost vary by state. I won't dispute that some states have poor roads, but DOT estimates are notoriously high because agency funding depends on it being high.
Furthermore the motorist's hell you described is far removed from the reality here. Again, it's not good (or at least my state isn't), but you're so far off it's ridiculous.

Most importantly, there's no correlation between road quality and money spent. Georgia for instance has excellent motoring infrastructure and VERY low taxpayer cost. It's a red state, so taxes are low period. New York (my state), has high taxes- well funded infrastructure projects, and still the roads are shit. Cost per taxpayer in GA is $60 and in NY it's $407.

transportation.gov/policy-initiatives/grow-america/road-and-bridge-data-state

Any big industry in any country will get massive government help if they find themselves in trouble
Lots of job depend on them. Now the french government also has a long standing tradition of meddling in big company business. We expect them to intervene at this point.

I still prefer the older models looks wise.

Low taxes are not in of themselves a subsidiary. An example of subsidized industry in the US would be agriculture.

He's talking about classic cars.
I'm not sure if it's true but a lot of people say we have more classic American cars than America does.
messynessychic.com/2015/10/07/the-swedish-subculture-hoarding-more-1950s-american-cars-than-the-usa/
Etc.

that's just a given

>And don't get me started about the effect of mass car ownership on urban planning, segregation and social cohesion.

Soy Levels: Off-the-Fucking-Chart

Americans could never do anything else about cars well, but they did nail high performance engines back in the day. Old European sports cars or luxury cars with American engines are the master race, and sadly priced accordingly.

>Any big industry in any country will get massive government help if they find themselves in trouble

Not here for the car industry they won't. I suppose at least our biggest car makers like Aston Martin, Bentley/Rolls-Royce, Jaguar-Land Rover, McLaren etc are all still headquartered in the UK and are designed and assembled here too.

Our gas is just cheap here because we don't levy insane taxes on it. Also Texas has an excellent road network without having a bunch of heaped on taxes.

Road infrastructure is state controlled here not Federal.

>big companies
have you ever heard of British Leyland user?

Seems like a less sophisticated version of an Aston.

>Jaguar-Land Rover
I really hope they can make it.
My company made a big deal with them and we grow right now 20% per year thanks to it.

Oh yeah, right, the cause of road conditions and costs between Georgia and New York is definitely LIBRULISM and not different climate, infrastructural composition and traffic density. New York gets frost, New York gets a lot of traffic, New York has a number of tunnels and large bridges. What does Georgia have? Some landing strip highways paved into warm flatland.

I honestly don't know if I believe that. There are still literally million(s) of classic American cars laying around the country. We have a population of 340 million vs Swedens 10 million. I doubt one out of every 10 Swedes owns an American classic car.

Did they get bailed out at some point in the past can't remember. I know their name isn't used anymore

>Our gas is just cheap here because we don't levy insane taxes on it.
That's exactly what I said. You neglect infrastructural maintenance because people would get very upset about slightly more expensive fuel endangering their "constitutional right to drive a pickup truck to the office".

*faster and cheaper

also mate they dont look that similar desu

>There are still literally million(s) of classic American cars laying around the country.
Rusted or gutted shells in a junkyard in a lot of cases, destined to rot away after the last still usable piece of trim has been pulled off. Most of the American cars in Europe are in driving condition.

I just cleary said Texas has an excellent road network, WHILE ALSO having cheap gas taxes.

Tractor! i know that word it's tractor! Mamma mia, porka madona! My italian is becoming better and better.

yes I believe jaguar land rover are doing well at the moment with record number of cars being sold

>I doubt one out of every 10 Swedes owns an American classic car.
Of course not but there is countless of scrapyards just packed full with old cars. But most of those cars are registered and working while the majority in the US are wrecks.
And the greaser culture here is huge.
We import thousands of classics each year, in the 80's and 90's it was about 50 000 cars per year (not joking).
It's lower today since prices increased but still.
pri.org/stories/2012-08-27/why-swedes-love-classic-american-cars
You can google exact numbers but it's still high.

*faster and cheaper and less comfortable and more badly assembled and more unstable to drive

Remember the first gen Viper was known as a widow maker, and the only improved marginally in the meantime.

Besides rusted old husks there are still literally millions of running American classic cars. Here. Our population is literally 34 times the population of Sweden with historically higher rates of car ownership. Do you not know collecting and restoring old cars is a thing here? Like a hobby literally millions of boomers have?

>"is definitely LIBRULISM"
>the german projects his politics into the equation despite no mention of politics being made
>he recoils and hisses back into his hole still having NOT READ MY FUCKING LINK

dude read the fucking link. my point was not to tell you how blue states and liberal politics are bad but to demonstrate that massively increasing funding and consumer costs are not a cure all to the problem.

>The American Society of Civil Engineers gave Texas a C-minus in its 2017 report card released Thursday, noting that Hurricane Harvey serves as a reminder of the value of infrastructure.

They were the big car company. All the old marques went under their umbrella. A big, state sponsored mess. They went bust quite horrifically and we've not had a serious car industry since.

>Due primarily to poor maintenance of levies and water ways.

Texas' road network is lauded as literally the best in the country.

What the fuck is up with these Germans today. Did VW make you sit in a glass room with a TDI and watch cartoons?

>the german projects his politics into the equation despite no mention of politics being made
Quote unquote "Georgia [...] it's a red state".

And I'm not saying that increased funding will automatically cure all problems, but being underfunded leaves you with nothing to even attempt it.

we've got a serious luxury and sports car industry, as well as a healthy motor sport industry. but not a good normal car industry no.

Jaguar is doing pretty fucking well here old money white people and new money Spics love them for some reason. Land Rover is going to be venturing into making sedans soon too.

It's literally one autist in every thread about the usa

Pretty clean vehicles actually, the emissions scandal is overblown, the monkeys would've died of boredom first.

fuck off eurofag

Can't help it, drawn towards car discussions like a fly and a light, and with car discussions come car quality discussions, car infrastructure discussions, car culture discussions and car politics discussions.

Im going faster for less than HALF the cost. low taxes and cost of living scare him as his nations entire political agenda is contingent on massive state control. rather than entertain an opposing viewpoint and potentially reevaluate his entire political ethos- he'd rather shit on the US, whom he has constructed to resemble said opposing viewpoint- then after using cherrypicked examples, craps on the US wholesale.

Germany wins again. Science save the EU.

>affordable
>easy to modify
>huge aftermarket
>american tuning culture

youtube.com/watch?v=NFrt1fp5NMQ

It is the ultimate consumerist car.

>cheap power
>loud noises
>fake coolness
>appropriation of a culture that does not exist anymore

Georgia a red state as in having and having always had LOW TAXES.

Also, given your injection of politics into the matter and rabid defense of American liberal politics its certain in my mind that you had thought that Georgia was a shithole state too.

>here in Russia a used Mustang costs around $70k
The new one (2018 model year) costs around $50.000 for 2.3L and $110.000 for Shelby GT350 5.2 V8.
Prices for used 2005 Mustang with V8 start from $20.000.

Yeah I know man.
All the decent Ford of Europe cars have their origins in London. A lot of car designers and so on for the big German marques are British. But we used to have an ACTUAL industry like VW or Renault. British Leyland killed that.

Jags were nice cars. They are now owned by Pajeets and frankly not a fan of the direction they are going even, even if the F type is nice.
Land Rover don't even make the Defender anymore. Just gaudy footballers wifes shit.