So how are they going to build suspense with this guy?

Nobody can hurt him.

Every comic I've read with Luke Cage had him going up against a super powered threat so he was in legit danger but that clearly isn't the case for the show. He's an indestructible man beating up a bunch of gangbangers.

His skin is unbreakable, but he can still suffer internal injuries from being struck by significant force, like missiles and high powered rifles.

Blunt force trauma can still kill him.

Like the same with Jessica Jones, his story isn't about whom he can over power in muscle...Jessica had to face someone that had the power of voice

Luke cage will have to over power somone with either the power of "Reasoning" or ideal-logy

Internal injuries, like in Jessica Jones
Attack his friends
Do some science shit that'll take away his powers temporarily.
Give the villain the ability to break through his skin.

Drop him in water.

All I ever wanted is 13 episodes with literally only Luke beating people up to gansta rap.

psychological

Yeah that, or water boarding him can work too. Unbreakable skin means you just gotta be inventive.

The whole time I'm watching the trailer I keep having a sense of "huh?" and "oookkkaaayyyy?"
I dunno. The Netflix shows don't looks very fun to me.

> I keep having a sense of "huh?" and "oookkkaaayyyy?"
What?

>you may be bullet-proof but Harlem isn't
They'll go after his friends.

>His skin is unbreakable

I thought it was just really tough not unbreakable did they change this?

It's been called unbreakable in JJ, and it has resisted both a circular saw and point-blank shotgun (though the force to his head did injure and almost kill him). It's possible that it isn't completely unbreakable and he just hasn't encountered anything strong enough.

Enjoy your shit movie.

>Movie
Everyone, look at him! Look at him and laugh!

Who cares what it enjoy your fetish you c..k

not everything is absolutes

it's unbreakable as far as your concerned. Don't fight him,.lol

Have more focus on the side characters so you want Luke to protect them or feel bad when they die
Also this

I remember in Worm, a villain kills an invulnerable super by suffocating them, so that could work.

Not sure how valid this is since I think Bendis wrote it.

But can he simmer the zimmer?

It was always unbreakable, but it used to be that he was still seriously injured by say, a bullet, it just wouldn't break the skin.

I don't think hes doing the music for this.

Did you miss the part where he got wrecked by a normal gun in Jessica Jones?

Wrong Zimmer, user.

The greatest suspense is always going to be his potential inability to stop evil from happening, as it is for all super heroes. Personal peril is always secondary, reserved for show downs.

That said. He has very few immunities, no extra-ordinary perception, no extra-ordinary intelligence, no extra-ordinary speed.

A better question is, how can they keep him alive against anything better than meth addicts? Any >100 IQ gang boss should be able to create a situation to suffocate or poison him.

They literally say in the trailer "You're bulletproof, Harlem isn't."

How does that not tell you the suspense will be in how he's affecting his neighborhood and who will play the price for his heroics?

>headwart

Judging from the leaked photos and the new commercial, Cottonmouth is going to go through the same procedure Luke did and gain powers to get even.

Well shotgun point blank to the head.
Everything was fine except his brain being rattled in his skull

>Nobody can hurt him.

That just means the show will actually have to think of creative ways to kill him, which will be good. And it's a origin story, he won't have powers through half of it.

>the villain has the same power set as the protagonist

>not to funk

???

His Villain I think is cottonmouth (like the snake). So he probably has the power to poison him.

You can always say mean things to him.

Big muscular bald black dude with a goatee

Wow. How refreshingly original

obese white faggot with greasy stringy thin hair and patchy disgusting untrimmed facial hair.

Wow, how refreshingly original

That's Diamondback.

You mean like every superhero film?

I'm honestly not even sure what you're trying to say with this post.

Are you saying he should stop being a muscular bald black dude with a goatee?

How are they going build suspense?

He's invulnerable, not *indestructable*. Enough force or with the right circumstances, he can be killed.

Kill his friends and loved ones. Easiest bit of drama.

Reveal his secrets (which seems to be something they plan on covering in the series).

Destroy him emotionally, and make him doubt himself so severely he literally does nothing because of his fears and anxiety.

Turn the law on him (which might make an excellent parable, now that I think about it).

Seriously, this is low-tier bait, mate.

Who is the villain gonna be? Tombstone?

The trailer even said "you might be bullet proof but harlem isn't"
Its gonna make us care about other characters and put them in danger

>Its gonna make us care about other characters and put them in danger
Especially since he doesn't seem to have much of a secret identity. He is going to cause trouble to all his friends and neighbours just by existing. Can't be helped since he had never used a mask or fake name.

underrated

Are you one of those fags that thinks Superman is boring because you think every story ever just boils down to the hero fighting bad guys one on one?

It's never been tested against Adamantium, but save one bit in the 90's series, his skin has never been cut in 40 years, not counting instanes when he lost his powers.

Top kek!

That may be joke, but drowning would be a good way to get around his near-invulnerability.

You hurt the ones around him. The trailer alluded to this.

That's why it's funny. They made a black dude's only weakness drowning.

Well oxygen deprivation in general.

Could probably even just suffocate him with smoke even if fire can't hurt him.

Or just throw his ass in space.

Can he not be poisoned?

Drown him, poison him, rape him and give him eternal bleeding from broken ass blisters.

>Drop him in water.
>That may be joke, but drowning would be a good way to get around his near-invulnerability.
Keep in mind that this was already used for the Unbreakable film. So it isn't really new to anyone familiar with pop culture.

Yes, with excess water.

Go back to sleep, Lil' Jon