Will Steven be able to save her like he did with Centipeedle? Will she wind up becoming a CG?

Will Steven be able to save her like he did with Centipeedle? Will she wind up becoming a CG?

I really hope so, 'cause there is so much potential after Earthlings. We finally can see why she fights, what she feels. I never was really fond of her, but I did not disliked her. After Crack the whip I started to like her and hoped to see her more. Her speech to Steven at the end of Earthlings broke my heart. I literally started to cry after it, it was so sad and she was in so much pain. ;_______;

After getting a really good reason for why she hates Crystal Gems this episode, I really wouldn't even want it
But she deserves a happy ending of some sort

Steven didnt save Centipeedle. But he gave her a happy ending. So Jasper will be given one too. shes be shattered like her diamond

Betting she won't be a complete friend later but an ally they can rely on and just wants to take out a mutual enemy.

Sounds familiar

It's heavily implied that Jasper pretty much is Vegeta

>Vegeta

>reliable

When had he not fucked up because of his pride?

He killed the remaining members of the Genyu Force quite effectively when everyone else was getting their shit pushed in by them

Yeah, after Goku mopped the floor with them.

The only other time is when he fused with Goku. But after the first time Goku destroyed the potara earrings, and Vegeta supported that decision. Then he gets his shit wrecked by Kid Buu while distracting him.

That never really clicked for me until a friend pointed out the parallel between Vegeta calling Goku "Kakarot" and Jasper calling Steven "Rose". Then it was pretty obvious.

Minus the whole kneeling in front of a secondary character begging for a powerup thing. I think Vegeta would sooner have died.

Jasper will never be a Crystal Gem. At the very best she'll begrudgingly admit Steven had a point and fuck off.

>Steven somehow manages to heal Jasper
>after expressing a begrudging gratitude towards him, she finds herself unwilling to hurt him or the Gems
>unable to comprehend that she might be starting to view them as friends, she believes Steven did something to her mind when he healed her
>resigning herself to her fate as Steven's "mindslave," she joins the Crystal Gems, believing she has no other choice
I like the idea of Jasper switching sides without realizing she's doing it of her own free will. There's a lot of comedy potential in Jasper being a grouchy, "unwilling" team member who acts begrudgingly subservient to Steven, who just has no idea how to deal with this.

Definite yes. The newest ep does show something she cares about. And it has driven her to destroy Rose.

As good as that idea sounds, it'll neeeever happen.

>Minus the whole kneeling in front of a secondary character begging for a powerup thing.
Krillin i need you to injure me

Except he didn't kneel, he threatened him.

The real begging came when he was injured and imploring Dende to heal him.

and when his "last" words to goku

I really, really doubt that Rose killed PD.
I think that the Diamonds staged the whole thing to make it look like Rose did. I believe that PD didn't want to harvest Earth and her influence rubbed off on Rose. This accomplishes two things:

>turns all of PD's gems against the Rebels
>pushes a weak, sympathetic PD out of the way. this ensures that PD doesn't use her armies to turn against the other Diamonds

Maybe Jasper will realize that the Diamonds lied to her and reluctantly join sides with the CGs to avenge Pink Diamond.

This allows Jasper to join the CGs and Rose's name to be cleared. I'd prefer that Steven would have to deal with knowing his mother is a murderer, but I don't know if they'd go down that road in a show like Steven Universe.

I was about to say that too, but that time it wasn't for the power up.

>I'd prefer that Steven would have to deal with knowing his mother is a murderer, but I don't know if they'd go down that road in a show like Steven Universe

They won't.

Steven will obviously find out a way to turn the corrupted gems back

with the help of lion, who is pink diamond

I don't even watch the show, and that makes perfect sense in predictability.

Once he figures out how, the show is fucking over dude. If there's a final fight, that'll be when he does it. They can't have 100000 gems running around.

Maybe they can heal Jasper since she was corrupted weirdly, but I doubt it. She looks like any other corrupted gem beast.

And Vegeta should have stayed dead.

he had lots of positive feedback from fans, which is why he stuck around. Same with Jasper.

i hope so. best gem design by far

props for that VA you could feel her pain for miles

of coursh

A Coconut Gun?

Her gem wasnt corrupted, just her body. So she might be able to be healed.

Stop making these threads and keep it to your general.

Oh yeah. So I guess we can give him a pass for the entire Perfect Cell fiasco he caused. That was entirely his fault.

>Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my Diamond... And my home... even my dignity ... The past I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

>Unless we stop Rose, she'll go down in history a conquering victor. We can't let that happen!

> (to the corrupted gems) I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea. I will always be with you. Plant your roots in me. I won't see you end as shards. You're all diamonds.

>The crystal gems sent us to a hell but we are going even deeper. Take back everything that we have lost.
>Yellow Diamond, I'm already a demon.

>I was born in a small kindergarten.
>I was still a child when we were raided by rebels. Earth Rebels.
>Torn from my Diamond, I was made to fuse. With each new fusion, my masters changed along with the gems they make me fuse with.
> With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong.
>Fusions can kill.

>Came out perfect, best Peridot has ever seen
>Can fight head on against garment

Why is she flawless?

And what are you going to do about it, little round man? Hahahahaha

Luck.

>if jasper had waited 5 minutes she could have went back home with the rubys

wow
o
w

>When had he not fucked up because of his pride?

>Namek after he over estimated his power
>Androids after getting cocky once he became a Super Saiyan and again after he powered up
>Buu when he went Majin
I guess you could say RoF because instead of yakking about pride he just kicked Frieza's ass until that sneak attack.

With everything that happened in the past couple episodes it's not even really subtle that's what they're going for

This super-frustrated Jasper would totally go well with Bismuth.

At first I thought Peridot was Vegeta, but now she's really more like Yamcha/Oolong/Krillin

She's also Raditz and Nappa.

Actually Lapis is Raditz

>Krillin
she better start getting poofed if she will ever pass amy

I actually hope the Rubies also becomes Crystal Gems.

She's more of a Piccolo character.
> Both got sealed for a long time
> Both got released and wrecked earth for a bit
> Both interacted up with the main villains after they invade earth (Lapis/Jasper, Piccolo/Raditz)
> Both comes out of those fights completely changed and resolves to sides with the heroes in case shits happens again
> Both slowly starts to truly enjoys the heroes' company and becomes genuinely good

I actually kinda hope not. I really want there to be someone they can't save, they can't convert.

A thread with discussion. Neat.

So, when I saw Jasper try and fuse with that corrupted gem, I just knew she'd transform like that. But I really do wonder how she'll be handled from now on. I want her to stay war crazy. Let her be someone the hero couldn't save. I know kids want the hero to win all the time, but Steven is a bit too perfect. He needs some failures, not too many, under his belt.

Also, how did Sup Forums react to Smoky? I really didn't like it's design. All the puns and fun fighting style reminded me a lot of Ms. Fortune though, which was nice.

That's going to be Yellow Diamond. They are probably gonna be forced to put her down since it doesn't seem like she can be reasoned with.

I thought Smoky Quartz was fucking disgusting

So, really not trying to ignite anything, but I'm not the only one who instantly thought Tumblr when I saw it right? The eyebrows, hair, skin color, femininity/masculinity- all I could think of was some ugly special snowflake gemsona.

Stevonnie was cool, all the pure gem fusions, even Alexandrite, had some air of originality to them. But Smoky seemed more like some sort of mockery.

The impression I got is that Smoky Quartz is the manifestation of Steven and Amethyst bonding over both being one-of-a-kind misfits, thus ending up dumpy and ugly with the weird double-arm, yet with an exuberant, confident "Yeah, I look like this and I'm gonna kick your ass eight ways to Sunday with a fucking yoyo anyway" personality.

So what I'm gathering is:

>Steven = Goku
>Garnet = ???
>Pearl = ???
>Amethyst = Krillin
>Lapis = Piccolo
>Peridot = Yamcha/Krillin
>Jasper = Vegeta

I feel like Buu would be a good equivalent to Peridot. Starts off as a genuine threat and then basically becomes a joke character after joining the heroes.

Peridot never really came off as a legit threat

>dumpy and ugly with the weird double-arm
That's just the thing. It's possible to make a character ugly without making them outright unsightly or an eyesore. I hated looking at it.

True...

In that case, she's probably closest to Oolong.

Pearl - Bulma
bitchy but sexy