The French are pissed about their minor role in ‘Dunkirk’

>“Where in the film are the 120,000 French soldiers who were also evacuated from Dunkirk?” critic Jacques Mandelbaum wrote. “Where are the 40,000 who sacrificed themselves to defend the city against a superior enemy in weaponry and numbers?”

nypost.com/2017/07/22/the-french-are-pissed-about-their-minor-role-in-dunkirk/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-Kébir
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bir_Hakeim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The French can make their own movie. This one is for Britain

Fuck the French they lost france (and a shit ton of tanks/guns/ammo) in like a day, paving the way for dead allies

Leave them on the pier to get dive bombed like the pansies they are

French have always been, and still are, a buncha pussies. Dunkirk even said so, and there is no way that could be a coincidence.

I'm pissed about their minor role in the war.

>Where are the 40,000 who got captured and switched sides and probably killed allied soldiers as part of the Vichy regime?

who the fuck cares

Aside from the small number of men around Lille who did actually fight the rest were giving up and running away at every possible opportunity. If the French had stood and fought like some of the rearguard British divisions then Dunkirk could have held out for another week.

Do the French really want to see their mediocrity on show? (oh and btw out of all those French who were rescued only 3,000 volunteered to fight for De Gaulle in the Free French Forces, they were complete cowards)

Where is the film where the French are steam rolled in a matter of weeks?

lol fuck off. It's a movie about one version of a story, and this is the British version, which is far more important than the French version. It also was portrayed accurately, it was predominantly British troops who were saved and for good reason.

The vast majority of the Union troops at Fort Wagner were white, but the movie Glory depicts solely the black troops' perspective, because they were the most interesting part of the battle as they were on the true frontlines and withstood the Confederate siege for the majority of the battle

>the buncha pussies stayed behind to hold off the krauts while the brits were fleeing
hmm

the French line literally collapsed while the British one held

what line did they hold on the beach

To this day the "brits are valiant and french are pussies" meme never ceases to amaze me.
It's just an embarassing testament to how deeply ingrained anglo propaganda is.

It's not a meme, it's history over 2 world wars

>over 2 world wars
Please explain how WW1 happened according to you

France got invaded by the Krauts and needed the Brits to save them, then the Russian Empire collapsed in 1917 allowing more Kraut troops to move westward, fucking the Brits and Frogs up to the point that America had to come bail them out

The French in every way were a joke in WW2, this is complete fact on every level. The Allies stopped supplying the occupied French after 1943 because they were killing each other more than they were the Germans, this says it all really.

There's only one French regiment which is of note in WW2 and that's the Foreign Legion

I see, a true learned intellectual

The French guy was the most interesting character tbqh

>french get rekt by germans
>french get aid from brits
>french get aid from russians
>french get aid from USA
>germany still almost wins but is eventually starved to death in a massive war crime-level blockade
>french get instantly rekt in ww2

fuck you beat me
jacques pls, come WW3 france will have surrendered before anyone else even knows the war's on

Just stop.

French cowardice is world renowned.
The Brits know it, the Americans know, the Germans know.
The film depicts it accurately.

How convenient that history is told on the last two world wars while France suffered more thanks to its geographical advantage while the brits did what the brits did best: hide in their island and don't set foot on the mainland until everything was already done.

How convenient that they don't extend that period to the preceding wars in which France obliterated not only UK but all of Europe. Wonder what the brits did? Well take a guess, hint: it's what they do best.

I'm not even french but France is a country that despite not having a massive geographical advantage has managed to be a major European and world power for almost as much as the UK, historically speaking, the meme that they're "cowards" when they got defeated by superior German tactics and military because they didn't had a natural barrier is bullshit.

No one show them Battlefield 1

>know
Yeah they "know" things like

I liked how there were only about a dozen frenchman shown in the film, and a quarter of them were niggers.

They're right to be pissed. Unlike most of the racist countries back then, the French actually had a little bit of diversity in their army.

I think Nolan intentionally gave the French a minor role because he's secretly racist. He didn't want to show black people being heroic. I always had my suspicions after he gave the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne to a white guy, but this basically confirms it.

>How convenient that history is told on the last two world wars when France suffered more thanks to its geographical advantage while the brits did what the brits did best: hide in their island and don't set foot on the mainland until everything was already done.
Meant "when" instead of "while" and "disadvantage" instead of "advantage". Whoops.
To add to this: everytime the brits set foot before the Russians and Americans stepped up they got knocked the fuck out.

>implying it isn't 100% accurate

>"The french are pissed"
>mentions literally one (1) French review of the movie
NYPost really desperate to create clickbait articles. Of course the writer is a woman. The state of journalism in 2017. And you fags will take every bait and argue about everything.

>caring about French people
>ever

Outside Eva Green I see no reason to do so.

Implying pretty fucking hard yes

You couldn't see them because they were hiding behind these.

lel the French were so fucking beta that the Brits attacked their own allies to keep them from falling into German hands

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-Kébir

this

>France couldn't hold a defence so Britain should have sacraficed 400,000 men

And British Commandos were busy pulling shit off in 1942 like Operation Chariot, literally sailing a ship full of high explosives right into Axis held France garrisoned with 5000 Germans, ramming the fucking dock gates with that shit, comencing a Commando raid fucking shit up then going on to sink Tirpitz

Lierally THE greatest raid of all time

Pic related the ship before it blew

Get over it surrender monkey. You lost the war, then turned traitor. No amount of mental gymnastics will change it. kys

Nah, I'm french and even I know this is bullshit. It's a movie focused on the british during WWII, that doesn't mean it's intended to put the french under a bad light. If complete historical accuracy had to be respected the film would probably be 8 hours long and lose 99% of its audience.

That being said, I'd still like to see a war movie based on pic related. Too bad we don't have a single director worth a grain of salt.

but we won though :^)

I saw the French version of Dunkirk. Everyone had mustaches.

Don't mind us just sinking, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Bismark, holding the Atlantic, Med, Arctic, Indian, Africa convoy routes, beating Rommel in Africa etc etc

They deserve it after their Maginot Line fuck up

I don't know why you thought that was a reply to any of my points, but if you think the French couldn't muster up a defense in all of WWII you're fucking ignorant.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bir_Hakeim

Fun fact: the Maginot line was supposed to extend to the atlantic but the belgians refused to have it along their borders

>Too bad we don't have a single director worth a grain of salt.
>besson, jeunet, zidi, poiré
>nigga do you éven

the french got the shaft in this movie and in the actual battle

that's probably because they looked up in the air and saw that planes exist

Don't forget how Churchill himself took a stroll on Berlin and mooned on Hitler until he got bored and decided to win the war.
I don't even know why it's called World War, apparently the brits fought and won at all the fronts alone.

The Maginot line worked perfectly. No Germans attacked the line (they were forced to go around it.)

>while the brits did what the brits did best: hide in their island and don't set foot on the mainland until everything was already done

Literally proven wrong, set foot on the mainland in 1942 and BTFO of 5000 Germans with 265 Commandos

>if you think the French couldn't muster up a defense in all of WWII

Meanwhile in reality

I hope you're not implying what you seem to be implying

kek that's brilliant

the movies specifically about the evacuatioin, not the battle. are they retarded? (not the french, the people raising a storm about it)

Besson is kind of unpopular in france just so you know.

Most people find his movies too americanized. Not to mention they've been getting steadily worse since the fifth element.

Makes sense why the French lost the Battle of France, French HQ was too busy patting each other on the back over how well the Maginot Line worked whilst being bombed and shot at

Not like our own movies haven't been absolute pieces of shit for the past, what, 10 years now?

As they should be
I don't think they know that in the US the french are known as quitters who don't fight. This is a real sentiment we all have, and it's all due to propaganda like this movie

If you're french and don't believe me, I assure you it's 100% true. It's the reputation you have in this country. I don't think it's fair when you look into their exploits, especially when you see the disgusting behavior of the brits

>hiding in a hole in a choke point in a desert against undersupplied troops with great amounts of aid from the UK, then holding an effective defence against infamously unreliable panzers
Truly, France is a military powerhouse to be respected.
Reminder that you fuckers fell faster than Norway.

france has a point, british always likes to glorify itself in the past, because now they are basically nothing

even though the french ended up surrendering they did help in the early half of the war.

>but if you think the French couldn't muster up a defense in all of WWII you're fucking ignorant.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bir_Hakeim

>Libya

No fucking good being in Libya in 1942 were they

We still have a huge inferiority complex about our role in WWII, it's just that nobody wants to admit it directly. Just recently our president spoke out about the rounding up of jews by the collaborationist government and it sparked criticism from both sides of the political spectrum. I don't really care personally, any people interested about european history know France's military record pre-WWII more than make up for it.

The Foreign Legion tbf marched across the fucking Sahara on foot from Chad just to get to a position where they could fight the Axis.

>Maginot had no AA and the forts were not bomb-proof
>The luftwaffe was an effective fighting force

They managed to sink a ship into a garrison, suffering half the German losses, a movement they did because they were at the brink of complete defeat.
What a fucking achievement, they managed to not get blown the fuck up before daddy America came to save their asses.

I mean it was obviously a patriotic film about Britain. Yeah it wasn't from the french POV boohoo but they feature the french postiviely

Why would the French be pissed? The current population in France had nothing to do with Dunkirk.

>1/4 niggers
>positive

go away Sup Forums, the only black French troops were in the beginning of the film on the pier, and there was only two or three of them, and their presence was justified as France realized they were in deep shit and had already pulled in their colonial forces by that point.

that was accurate though.

as a frenchfag I was more pissed off about the total lack of screentime for french soldiers in wonder woman desu

Because they try to monkey-wash history and this film tells some hard truths.

Frenchfags can go make their own movie about their role int he war then.

Learn to costruct a post, your writing is unfocused and difuse

In my country we consider the French to be lower than niggers. We beat them in the streets and set them on fire. They are the trash of this planet. Disgusting.

>Mandelbaum

France has always had loads of niggers in their armies

ohmy

where do you live

You walked across a desert to kill some krauts. Bravo. All of my points stand.

What French people? France is all africans and sandniggers now

canada

Let the French make their own Dunkirk and let's count how many non-French soldiers they use...yeah, I sure they would be fair.

The suburban US, he's an underage LARPer

do you not know what the word "positive" means?

Kek

well showing what actually happened is positive

Yeah it means the opposite of negative

France

ANGLO'D

well it would be most of them since france is basically africa now

Ever since the second gulf war there's been a revival of the surrender monkey meme, largely due to France's opposition to the US invasion of Iraq. This pissed off a lot of French people becuase they don't have a propaganda powerhouse like Hollywood and have no way to get back at them. We're still seeing the effets of that today.

fuck the eternal anglo

>Be france
>Build defences along border with Germany
>get invaded through belgium

>this happens TWICE in less than 30 years

Jesus wept what is wrong with frogs

are you perchance from a 60% white country

To the victor belongs the spoils.

well the french did surrender their country to the nigerians

Why would you want a bigger role in a movie that features a humiliating defeat? Doesnt france have enough of that shit already?

no im not from france

>French get ploughed by the blitzkrieg
>British strategists save their men from the consequences of the frogs' blunder

WHY ISNT IT ABOUT US?! WE'RE THE REASON IT HAPPENED REEEEEEEEEEEEEE