ITT: Uncommon Superhero Characters

Are there any non-Marvel, non-DC superheroes that you like?

I quite like The Shield, which is an Archie superhero. She's sort of like Captain America.

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/the-shield-001-2015/
viewcomic.com/the-shield-002-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I quite like The Shield
2nded.
>which is an Archie superhero
Dark Circle actually, wish they would get the fuck on with the 3rd issue.

Here are the first 2 for people who have not read.
viewcomic.com/the-shield-001-2015/
viewcomic.com/the-shield-002-2016/

Death-Ray and Louie are pretty good.

Was the JMS reboot of this ever good? I had no idea they did another reboot.

Yes
Too bad they are all not Sup Forums

I am a pleb, as the only "super hero" I have read outside the big 2 is Invincible.
I feel like I should expand my horizons but I am intimidated by the unknown. If anyone recommends some comics of this genre, in the thread, I will check them out.

>Here are the first 2 for people who have not read.
That's why they haven't printed the third issue yet, shit costs money

Like Arlic from X-O Manowar.

Actually i like most Valiant characters, though i'm kinda hesitant in some cases on whatever call them superheroes or no.

Moore's WildCATs
Casey's WildCATs 3.0
Ellis' Stormwatch
Ellis' Authority
Casey's Majestic
Stormwatch PHD
Welcome to Tranquility

How about Addison from Tomboy?

Just a clean, wholesome superheroine for kids to look up to.

Dark Circle is Archie. Several of their heroes are old Archie heroes.

It's just that characters like the Hood clash with Archie's squeaky-clean image, so they put it out under a different imprint.

If they appear in a comic or a cartoon, they're Sup Forums.

What squeaky clean image? They literally sell comics that feature twincest, domestic abuse, and forced marriage to Cthulu.

Yes, but Dark Circle predates those storylines, dating back to when all Archie published was 'quirky' romance comics and funny books.

Even in the 70s Archies had a lot of fanservice and sexual jokes. They weren't that squeaky clean, they just weren't on par with DC or Marvel

Fuck yeah, Nexus! I honestly believe we wouldn't even have a shot for things like Watchmen and whatnot without writers like Baron to lead the way.

>ctrl+f
>No Tick
We don't deserve the big blue bug of justice

Tokyo ESP is a pretty good cape comic for a while.

This makes me wish Dynamite didn't fuck up most of the golden age heroes they started publishing or I'd probably list a few of those.

I'll throw the Maxx into the ring, if that's allowed. I'd also throw COPRA in but not really "A Superhero" as opposed to a team of disposable losers that do superheroic things.

Does Captain Marvel count?

Valiant's star attractions kind of fit the mold of classic Kirby era Marvel where they're just "heroes with the weight of the world on their shoulders". Rai, Bloodshot, and Eternal Warrior probably embody this the most

But their spirit and shadow were good, and both written by Wagner. Flash Gordon had the duo of Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner, even though I haven't read it.

Not if they're Chinese > : )

Super Zero is actually pretty good.

Does All Might count?

>japshit
Of course not.

How did they fuck them up?
I'm reading The Shadow & Miss Fury and are both good.

They're bland and don't really feel like WWII-era heroes.

Miss Fury was good, the Shadow wavers in quality, the Green Hornet... Ugh. Some of Green Hornet's good, some of it's shit, and some of it is modeled after that godawful movie.

Black Bat is just kind of there. It's dull and bears little resemblance to the Golden Age hero it's based off of. Same with Miss Fury, but at least she had decent art and story behind that.

bump

>it took 32 posts for someone to mention Madman
Every day we stray further from God's light.

Anyone read Flare?

Any idea when issue 7's coming out?. I've been checking around and haven't found anything, so i'm kinda statrting to worry about it being canceled

Furious.

Former reality TV star who gets superpowers and has some serious control issues.

bump