American ""poverty""

>american ""poverty""

this
first world prolems are the rich from here

>overhead cables
literally third world

>bars on the windows

Yeah, that's pretty low end housing. Probably gang activity and street drugs being moved around.

Dirt cheap though.

?
that's also lower class here
or lower middle class, idk

>Probably gang activity and street drugs being moved around
HOLY SHIT SO IT'S BASICALLY LIKE THE REST OF THE AMERICAN CONTINENT (except Canada)

>(except Canada)
My Canadian uncle this is a mistake to think, it's just that the Canadian govrmunt know how to mask such activities

>disregard the high probability to become the victim of violent crime or even shot, it's a rich neighborhood

fuck brazil

being poor to americans means not being able to buy a 2 floor house with huge garden and 3 cars

lmfao is actually funny

They think anything that's half a step above living in an outright shit slum and being robbed at gunpoint 4 days a week is "luxury".

What do Brazilians think being poor means?

>that
>american poverty
L.O.L.
the house isn't even made out of doors

>Reaches 25 km/s

I don't think you guys appreciate third-world interpretation of poverty

Its not about middle-class living standards like in the pic but absolute basic subsistence, not a tv or personal bedroom, but trying to make ends meet for medical treatments and food or foregoing them altogether

hahahaha, I remember that dude, was he from Kentucky?

Yeah, it's almost like poverty in a third world country is different than poverty in a first world country. Imagine that.

Come to surrey and you’ll see that meme get btfo

I don't know if you're trying to sarcastically disparage me, but that's the exact point in a non-nice way

There are Americans who resort to all kinds of home remedies to avoid going to the hospital and who use food stamps to help them sustain themselves. And no, I'm not thinking about niggers, niggers get welfare.

Every major city in the world will have ghettos with crime and drug use, including on your continent.

>m, but trying to make ends meet for medical treatments and food or foregoing them altogether

even the middle class in america can't afford these things

I was more just building off of your post, not really disparaging you.

He’s being rude, but a better description would be that relative poverty is different in first and third world cunts. So even though ghetto niggers live far better than Liberians, by American standards they have a shit time. Cost of living etc

Thank you bro, 'scuse muh language-retardedness

It can't be that bad, at least at an epidemic level, some sort of legislature guarantees some care, you can't just be left to die in the street

No, not really.

>this is what Americans think

KEK, no, sorry but no.

We have mafia, but that is not the same. They are invisible and you'd never know they exist until the police raid them. We don't have ghettos and gang bangers patrolling the streets and no-go zones.

That's the kicker. America is for the rich, by the rich. 95% of America is 1 major accident away from losing their home to hospital bills.

>It can't be that bad, at least at an epidemic level, some sort of legislature guarantees some care, you can't just be left to die in the street

it literally is. you may think its a meme but its not. the only medical procedure I've ever had was circumcision and I've needed plenty

is correct

>you can't just be left to die in the street
You'd be surprised how many Americans live in their car or have to resort to unconventional ways to get by.

>being this sheltered

>Cost of living etc
true, my salary as a fucking doctor (glorified slave for other doctor is 75$ a month, 8 hours 6 days a week

In the last meeting with the administration I bought up minimum in some American states allowing me to make that monthly wage with 9 hours of burger-flipping at a macdonalds, and how the difference in PP/living costs would still be insignificant. Then I just said that beggars make more an hour at streetlights lol

Feel sorry and angry for them with all this bullshit in the media constantly being shoved down everyone's throats and they're still not worth attention

That image of the tent cities following the mass foreclosures after the 2008 crisis always comes to mind

>sheltered

So I should visit some shithole country just to experience the ghetto life? What the fuck are you on about mate?

>Every major city in the world will have ghettos with crime and drug use, including on your continent.
Try Prague, Warsaw, Budapest etc. Literally no ghettoes and completely safe. Some western cities are safe to, but they have problems with muzzies recently.

???????????????????
How is this a bad thing exactly???

minimum wage* in some American states

They think I am weird or a looney bin so who cares

>can't afford to go to hospital when in need
>still pays to get dick skin snibitty snabbed
Is this a falseflag proxy are you a literal Sup Forums meme?

I don't think they charge for circumcision. It's usually just done automatically, like cutting the umbilical cord.

They really just do it right away? Didn't know that.

90% of americans have health care. Nice memes.

coping bullshit

If I have a doctor/nurse friend who knows the minor procedures inside out, what's stopping us from buying the equipment from a pharmacy and doing it in some health facility, saving tons?

Is there some hospital policy/legislation that can wreck you for something like a quick abcess drainage or few stitches?

Not really, it's an actual number you are mostly underaged m8 most American jobs give you healthcare

health insurance =/= being able to cover major accidents. Do you know how many people have junk plans of deductibles of like $15,000? You think they can afford that deductible? 75% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

You can close your eyes and cover your ears while your nationalism blinds you to the reality that America has some serious disparities and it's getting worse. Try to take some socioeconomic classes sometime.

>most American jobs give you healthcare

you'll learn when you actually have an accident that your insurance is worse than worthless

Gang activity is just a byproduct of capitalism, instead of the stasi you have niggers.

It doesn't really matter. What matters is relative poverty.
Sure absolute poverty is blatant, but Greekanon is right, while some nomads in the middle east and Maghreb drink camel piss such as prescribed by the prophet, americans resort to all sorts of medical treatments because of the lack of social security.
America is one of the worst shitholes on the planet given you are poor.
Relative poverty affects the standards of living. Americans are lucky enough to have bread and games, but if you are poor in a city there, you might be worst off than in Cameroon where, since it's shit almost everywhere, you don't realise how unlucky you are.

No fucking shit. I'm a mortgage banker and 27 years old. If you can even afford your deductible, guess what, your insurance company doesn't entirely foot the bill. It's called coinsurance. It doesn't matter if the insurance company pays 50% of a 100k hospital bill.

Not only that but if you get in an accident in an out-of-network provider then you're fucked.

We had a whole family accident and we were fine financially. My dad is an engineer and my mpm doesn't work.

ah yes your anecdote trumps the statistics, my bad.

Lol

The poverty is not the physical condition, it is the mental condition of being constantly afraid you will lose it.

People dont need wealth, they need security.
If that was baseline, if people knew they had that house no matter what they would be content.
The privileged of the rich is not that they have, its that they can afford to lose.

What statistics i was replying to this post
Fuck these captchas btw

Let's hope things get better for them and us, there's a baseline there I think that is far better nonetheless

At least they don't have go to our lengths, 420 million dollars from the foreign currency reserve was slated for importation of essential drugs, stolen by 34 companies with forged licenses for pharma imports, 31 exhonerated without question, 3 investigated and exhonerated by a 'parliamentary committee'. 240 million known to be stolen by the presidents brother (abdullah bashir and his family member)

Special place in hell for them. At least they don't have much besides senators averaging 12.3% higher ROI with lobbyists around

LOL IS THAT REALLY POVERTY IN AMERICA LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Not true at all
t. Grew up in poverty

What about places like Moscow? I hear that despite all of Russia's problems. It is still safer(and cleaner) than major american cities.

And using an anecdote all the same. If healthcare wasn't such an issue then why were premiums and cost of care rising year after year BEFORE the ACA was enacted? Why is healthcare such an issue even after the ACA was enacted? How sheltered are you? Healthcare has long been the Achilles heel to any financial well-being of the average American.

No, really. Pic related
Corruption is the biggest hinder of success. I really hope things get better for you, noone deserves this.

Don't talk out of your ass.

We are done. A lot of us predicted it and the IMF is monitoring our situation

We're moving from inflation to hyperinflation soon, only venezuela ahead of this there globally, the central bank is idiotically printing local currency as we speak. People are stranded in banks everywhere trying to find money, while the central bank has issued orders to avoid losing any liquidity and giving away currency, especially foreign (dollars/euros/pounds)

The inevitable and dramatic collapse has begin and the retarded islamists are quivering in their boots or jumping ship, fuck em

Lol not really NY has lower crime rates and higher safety indexes than paris and London
I was just talking about a personal experience you asked me about.
This doesn't proove that American poor people have it woese than Sub-Saharans. We on the same level with alot of 1st and 2nd world countries according to that pic

>live in one of those shithole neighborhoods
>there are railroad tracks behind the house
>have seen people have a shootout there
>homeless build camps there
>someone right behind my fence fired his gun into the air while I was sitting out there
>saw the muzzle flash flare up above the fence line
>shrugged it off and kept drinking
>maniacs basically fire their guns in the air every night
>roofer friend found a slug on someone's roof
>there's a liquor bottle shrine that marks where someone got randomly killed in a drive by for a gang initiation
>still feel reasonably safe as long as I'm indoors or in a vehicle
>drive 15 minutes away
>suddenly first world as fuck

fucking bay area

Of course there is only 1st and 2nd world country.
The reason why is that relative poverty only exists when there is riches and inequalities. Ie lack of tertiarisation and urbanisation. 3rd world country don't experience much of it because they are mostly poor.
Retard.
Idk what to say...

Long live new york m8

Yeah i know that, the thing is you wanted to proove that our poor have it the worse in the whole world with relative poverty which is just wrong. We are pretty bad compared to the whole first world in the effects of inequality but our poor are still richer than poor subsharans or even poor mexicans

>NY has lower crime rates
Lower crime rate of the entire city doesn't mean it has no ghettos. The point was European cities aren't that segregated as American ones and don't have ghettos, not that statistically all of them have lower crime rates.

Ghettos are going extinct in ny.

at least the third worlders can build shacks out of corrugated metal instead of getting raped by rent

Not after Donny's tax plan takes effect.

>implying it won't be repealed after 3 years.

Don't poor people in the states do that too? The guy with the door house was already mentioned in the thread after all.

What about other big American cities, like LA and Chicago?

That's kinda a rare case that happens in super rural abondoned areas. That user is talking about poverty in california or Illinois

They are getting gentrified but in a slower rate.

>Op pic has a car and a house made of concrete
>""Poverty""
Now, this is what 3rd world poverty looks here in South America.

I assume you mean gentrification. So what happens to the poor people that used to live in those ghettos? I doubt they stay around.

Affordable housing

Stop larping as 1st worlder

gentrification is a meme. the parts that "gentrify" are places with new construction, not places with massive housing projects. poor people stay in place and get gibs. yuppies move into new construction/renovations closer to the city in formerly industrial areas.

of course they don't stay. i remember some projects in chicago got demolished and the tenants were relocated to various apt complexes as the city forced them to accept section 8 (affordable housing program). the landlords complained that they had to teach their new tenants to not throw towels in the toilet etc.

But that's not a trailer park, nor a semi-abandoned neighbourhood in Chicago. Where are the homeless people roaming the streets with their shopping carts, asking for drugs and sleeping in abandoned cars/under bridges, etc?

no idea about LA but a lot of notorious chicago ghettos have been demolished.

21 millions yanks live in trailer parks but you never hear about them?

Canada isn't perfect and we do have gang violence, but I have been all through the country and I have yet to see people put fucking bars on their windows and doors, not even in the worst of the worst neighborhoods. As far as I can tell the US is the only supposedly first-world country that does this.

Post pics how poor live in your country.

>affordable housing
Looks okay.

It is. I lived there for 3 years. The infrastructure is great. All services are available in the area. The problem is drugs

yeas that's what typical low income housing "projects" look like

Go to a city.

How's those nogozones treating yeah?
Hmmm, and all those countries restrict migration from Africa and Asia. Really jogs the nog.

that looks pretty nice actually

>As far as I can tell the US is the only supposedly first-world country that does this.
in italy putting bars on windows and double doors is regular even in non-shit neighborhoods
my granpda put bars even if he lives on the 2nd floor because the fucking burglars can climb

Tokyo

>the American continent
>continent
wrong
>except Canada
wrong

>Chilelmao
Are you faggots going to pretend that you are first worlders just like the bitch ass argies?

i think same in spain
lots of hits for rejas para ventanas

France

Germany