Why Swedish people drink so much wine? Do they even have conditions for growing wine in their land?

Why Swedish people drink so much wine? Do they even have conditions for growing wine in their land?

Other urls found in this thread:

winetouristmagazine.com/wt-blog/2015/7/2/the-best-kept-secret-in-south-america-uruguay
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In first world countries you can purchase imported goods so you can drink wine even if you cannot produce it.
You will find out when you get older and migrate to Western Europe.

I don't know, but everyone I know drinks more beer and strong booze than vodka.
But every time I'm in the liquor store there is people buying boxed wine (big boxes), often 2-3 boxes at a time.

I drink a bottle now and then but not that often.

>and strong booze than vodka.
like vodka

I might be drunk right now.. (from beer)

>boxed wine

That's shit quality wine for poors

shut up monkey, we produce wine in Poland and also import

Alcohol here is extremely expensive.
I pretty sure that wine is the most valuable alcohol/krona choice here.

2 liters of cheap wine costs 100 kr here, one single 0.7 liter bottle of vodka is 198 kr..

It's not about quality here, it's quantity.

More importantly, how do people in fucking Laos get wine
I think he means those boxes with 4-6 bottles, not the carton wine normal people use for cooking

my ancestors :)

but if you rip the box open you can play baggie with the foil envelope

>I think he means those boxes with 4-6 bottles
Nope, cheap paper boxes with wine.

Then that's honestly alcoholic hobo tier

Aw shit, I was drinking carton wine with pals during truancy in school years (because was cheap)

>implying a swede know about wine quality

>not the carton wine normal people use for cooking

not so much in a carton. it's a big cardboard box with a foil bag in it with a tap attached to pour the wine out

Is alc expensive in Sweden?

Are bottled wines expensive in Sweden?

He really mean the carton wine, at least here in Chile it's no rare. I always get a box of "gato" for only $1.5usd from the drinkstore near of my house. We are poor and need some wine in order to forget our existence

>that's honestly alcoholic hobo tier
Of course, we are all drunks here but no one will admit it.
This. Cheap = best option.

>pic related, the most sold wines in my local place
>it's all cheap shit but in big quantities

>Is alc expensive in Sweden?
Why do you think we drive to Puttgarden and the other border shops every year?
A bottle (0.7L) of the cheapest vodka in Sweden is 20 Euro minimum..

do teenagers in Italy drink the plastic 2l bottles of wine you get in shops there for ridiculously cheap or is it purely alcoholics?

>20€
That's not as bad as I expected.
It's 5-6€ here tho.

Nah not really but boxes are cheaper.
A bottle of the cheapest wine is around 50 kr (5 Euro), it's more like vinegar with food coloring but get's you drunk a cold winter night.

But a box is about 30% cheaper when you consider the amount.

Some do, but it's mostly hobos and old alcoholics that do. Buying spirits to get shitfaced costs about the same by parity of actual alcohol volume, and won't make you want to kill yourself the day after

>It's 5-6€ here tho
Which is why tens of thousands of Swedes drive to the German bordershops every year.
We even have bus tours that goes only to those places..
I live close though so I drive over 2-3 times per year.

>imported polish wine
lel

It's real

I am not into drinking to get smashed.
But for example I buy a Scotch for 40-60€ and drink than for half to one year.
Sometimes also a Wine collection (In specially Portoguese Tawny Ports) for up to 100€ that I then drink for special occasions when I have guests or for celebrating something.

>Portuwine

I had to get my stomach pumped at hospital and was told never to drink alcohol ever again after I puked blood up after finishing a box of white wine mixed with sprite.

That's how I became Muslim.

They drink Port

Yeah, I'm like most Swedes I'm afraid. I drink heavily on the weekends. And on holidays.
And birthdays. Etc.
I usually buy 10 cases of beer (24 big cans) and 10-15 bottles of strong booze every trip across the border.
Goes quickly with my friends over every weekend.

>tfw I'll never live in the Portuguese coast and have incredibly majestic Portuguese wine at cheap prices

feels bad mang...
I buy Portuguese wine whenever I can but its so expensive here... Portugal and Argentina make my favorite wines.

What's happening in West Latvia / North Lithuania?

Maybe they thought that it is Kaliningrad Oblast

What brands do you buy?We in here buy some really decent bottles for 5€

>5€
That's like a years wage in Brazil.

kek

they are gay

Who the fuck drinks wine? South is all beer and vodka at least.

adults

Preben, please take Skåne back.

Yea well, you were also danish once

fake map

greece is whiskey

Wine = Elegancy
Beer = Fucking trash
Spirits = kys

No.
>Beer
Good, honest people.
>Wine
Middle aged women
>Spirits
kys

t. underaged

Wine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beer>Rest

sure, elegancy

Finnish wine

Government promoted drinking wine instead if schnapps and vodka in the 70s to lower the rate of alcoholics and alcohol related deaths.

wine is for women and beer is for fat people. spirits is for the thinking man

port is not considered a wine but a liquor

wine has more calories than beer.
What is with the beer makes you fat belly man meme?

It's considered wine here.
Technically yes it's a liquor.

estrogen. it's very real

>Do they even have conditions for growing wine in their land?
there are cultivars for cold climates that produce excellent grapes

kek Estonians are dumb?

enjoy your manboobs and beergut

the hops they add to beer are full of estrogen, wine meanwhile fucks with the way the body disposes of testosterone, so the testosterone circulating in your body could increase

that's not how it works.
Hormons from food can't path to the brain.

retarded much?

>Boxed wine

You know thats for cooking, not for drinking right? The only people that drink boxed wine are alcoholics poorfags, then again i have seen a 2 euro bottle of wine in Portugal be 20 euros in Norway, if you want easy money become a wine smuggler.

t. Russian science
Why Estons so dumb?

>You know thats for cooking, not for drinking right?
so what if you buy a 1L box and use only about 200ml for cooking? what you gonna do with the rest? i'll tell you what: you drink it while cooking. best food is cooked slightly tipsy

listen bitch we'll do what we want

Remember to buy Uruguayan wine:

winetouristmagazine.com/wt-blog/2015/7/2/the-best-kept-secret-in-south-america-uruguay

O-Ok...i just dont understand why you dont just buy bottled wine, i thought swedes were supposed to have money, and its alcoholics looking for cheap booze surely local spirits would be better

if its*

State has monopol on alcohol, it's expensive.

that's horseshit, in fact it's been scientifically proven proper boxes maintain wine better than bottles, the reason bottled wine is cheaper is purely aesthetic.

it's comfortable to get cheap wine in a bumbag. here's an example. yesterday i went to the store and saw some köningsmosel riesling on sale with 5eur a bottle. right there next to the bottles was a 3L bumbag with 15 eur price tag on it. now i could have taken 3 bottles for the same price, but i thought fuck it, they're clunky and since i live alone i don't have to impress anyone with this shit so i grabbed the bumbag and headed home. didn't even need a baggy since it has a handle on it. comfy, see?

boxed wine is cheaper*

Its more expensive because it has higher quality, boxed wine are the shit remains of the croop. Also boxed wines dont age.

>boxed wines dont age.
why the fuck would i want to drink vinegar? stop making this wine shit sound like it's something special and magical, it's just shitty grapejuice

Boxed wine is for teenagers and poorfags here, in fact buying wine on a weekend just doesn't really happen. Well we do buy it when we want to get shitfaced but we mix it with Fanta if it's red or Sprite if it's white.

it's not a matter of aesthetic nor is it a matter of quality. it's just shipping prices. you can ship a shitload more wine in the shape of a regular box than bottled up an put in crates creating a ton of waste space. it's just capitalism

cant wait for global warming to make it possible to grow grapes in finland

grug not like drink in paper box
grug like glass bottle better

>Canadice
>Interlaken
>Jokke
>Hasanski Sladki
>Rondo
>Zilga
>Fabel
>Summersweet
just some of the grape varieties which do very good here so i think finland can habitat them also

there are already people growing grapes in åland but only on a very limited scale, the biggest problem here is that even in late spring the ground temperature often goes below freezing due to the prevailing northern winds or cloudless skies that make the warm air escape out into the atmosphere

>thinks his country has to be rich to import luxiries
no wonder you're the dumbest of all the scandis