So now that we've seen War of the Planet of the Apes, we can all come to a unanimous decision

So now that we've seen War of the Planet of the Apes, we can all come to a unanimous decision

Koba was right

If you disagree, state your case before we throw you off a building

How is he right? I'm interested because it seems to me that killing his own kind is right for you. He betrayed Ceasar and based his ideas on hate.

Was it ape?

Hate that was rightfully justified

Humans would never have accepted Casear or his clan as equals and they would have never respected them either. Sooner or later, the humans would have made their move into the woods and wiped them all out because of fear of the simian flu evolving and contaminating the survivors and easier access to the dam Throw in Colonel and his forces and they would have annihilated Caesar and the Colony.

If Caesar struck when they had no power like Koba wanted, none of the events in War would have occurred and the ape causalities would have been at a minimum. If peace was achieved, it would have been only temporary before the Colonel moved in and started making moves to wipe out the remaining apes.

Caesar is brother to humans.
Koba fights for apes.

ape not rape other apes

Koba wasn't right. He believed all humans were scum. He'd kill any human, and any apes who had a different philosophy.

We, the audience, and Caesar knows this isn't true. Humans and apes have good and bad people.

If they listened to koba they would have only killed the humans at San Francisco. Koba isn't as smart as Caesar and probably wouldn't have been prepared for the soldiers (who are real fighters and more heavily armed than the people in San fran).

Koba would probably still kill Caesar or defy him since Caesar wouldn't have slaughtered civilians.

This leads to koba being the leader. Koba isn't smart enough to deal with the soldiers from the north. The likelihood of the apes being better off with koba than with Caesar is not high, although still possible

Traitors die before enemies. Koba just wanted to make great apes great again.

The only person that was right was the Colonel.

Thinking you can cure an evolved form of the simian flu medically, when it wiped out all of humanity when they still had power, research labs, resources, manpower, etc.

Were the anti-Colonel faction of human soldiers the dumbest people alive or what

They would have only killed the humans in San Francisco, which would lead to them never making contact with the Colonel.

Koba isn't the smartest ape, but if Casear would have agreed with him and cooperated, they would have dominated the humans. Casear siding with Koba also wouldn't have triggered Koba to start a take over. The two of them were practically best friends.

No because he wanted to kill and or enslave humans and i'm a human.

did koba visit caesar 2 or 3 times in War? i only remember 2 but it would make much more sense if it were 3

>and i'm a human

Human poster?
Human poster!
HUMAN POSTER!

The humans at San fran contacted the North when koba attacked.

Koba would still have to fight the soldiers from the North

They only contacted them because Caesar allowed them to restore the power.

But if it's that effective, his plan wouldn't have worked either. Based on how contagious it seems to be in the film, the only way to avoid it would be to stay in hermetically sealed bunkers.

Koba was insane. Ape do not kill ape!

Correct, but I think if they had attacked when they first followed the humans back to the colony, they would have had their shit wrecked when the guys from the fort came in as reinforcements. What made that battle winnable was the fact that Koba scoped out their armory and took it first. So if he had listened to Koba and just rushed in, I think it would not have ended well for them. If we assume that Caesar would have had them do more recon first they would have been OK, but given that he rushed in to display his show of force warning, I don't think the fort was even on his radar.

Caesar not ape

Although, it did seem like they didn't start testing their armaments until after the apes had shown themselves, and they seemed so dumbstruck by the apes themselves they may not have been able to mount a defense. Nah, I am wrong, going the Koba method would have worked out best.

Does that loli carrying mutated simian flu also cause all the apes to be smarter. Because Cornelius was talking at the end.

why was this movie the most cookie-cutter, cliche, piece of shit?
Nothing remotely interesting happened at any point in time. And the "holocaust" imagery was a cringe worthy appeal to the masses.

It almost felt like they had a different plan and had to scrap it or cut a lot of it out to appeal to a "remember the holocaust?" propaganda narrative.

From a moral perspective no but in reality yes

Alright it's past your bedtime kids

that could be.
I also thought it was weird how the soldiers were so easy to sympathize with despite the fact that they were basically supposed to be "literally nazis."
Not sure if the movie was trying to red pill people or if it's just because i'm already a Sup Forumsack

but then all of the humans die to deus ex machina bombs and snow so who the fuck knows. BTW thank god none of those choppers hit a gas tanker with their rockets amirite?

We could tell you're a Sup Forumsfaggot immediately no need to announce it

God, it's almost disturbing how real he looks in this pic. And it's a still image too. If it's one thing you can say for the new apes trilogy, it's that they got cgi right.

RAPES WIN WAR

RAPES TOGETHER STRONG

if you want to go down the Sup Forums route
Colonel = Enoch Powell
His speech to ceaser was uncanningly similar to rivers of blood

I don't really mind minor plot holes (?) like the tanker but the whole thing felt off compared to the first two. Rise was Ape kino and Dawn was pretty damn good. War has its moments for sure but as a whole was somewhat thrown together.

yes, why dispute my arguments when you can just call me names?

The scene where the choppers attacked literally the moment all of the apes escaped was about where I finally tuned out. note: I still had faith after the dumbass soldier walked into the cage to give the apes his keys like a dumbass. but no, the movie was a walking cliche.

I saw Rise and enjoyed it. Never saw Dawn. War just grinded my gears.

Don't know who he is, so I googled it. Found this headline from The Telegraph "Paris is tragic proof that Enoch Powell was right about threats to our country"

Anyone else kind of bothered that a fucking gorilla was riding a horse?

yes. yes I was. and then when one poor sod lost his horse, the gorilla horse had to pull double duty iirc.

also the loli was more sad about a gorilla dying than her own father.

maybe he wasnt even her father

also weird how the colonel contracted the virus and lost his ability to speak a day after touching the girls doll but that guy lived with her in that shack for who knows how long and could still speak fine

Yeah buddy and I got a good kick out of Rocket riding with the gorilla rather than Caesar.

We noticed that too, like not a single tear for the dude who was either her dad or atleast took care of her but she cries for the ape she knew for a few days.

koba had the right ideas but did it the wrong way
kind of like hitler

War felt like a Western to me. especially after Caesar's homeboys decided to join him. did you guys get that vibe as well?

>Sup Forumsack
>doesn't know Powell
That board is fucking useless for educating people. If you're going to be a borderline racist nationalist at least do it properly.

>We noticed that too, like not a single tear for the dude who was either her dad or atleast took care of her but she cries for the ape she knew for a few days.

the message here is too blatant, but say one word about it and you get labeled a poltard