youtube.com/watch?v=lksDISvCmNI
youtube.com/watch?v=ColjRb3gHrk
youtube.com/watch?v=k_NT43aJ_Jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck is it with that zoom?

stupid looking explosion

bruh this was 2009
wasn't as overrused then

idiot, you're so used to typical hollywood explosions you can't even recognize quality

The explosion should've been practical. Looks shitty here.

fucking ps2 graphics

I don't remember this episode of TCW

yea smoke glows like that irl

I forgot the fucking Napoleonic line infantry tactics they used.

What was he thinking.

fire doesn't produce light?!
hurrrr
it looks fine you contrarian

I hate that movie so much op but I admit that is a pretty decent looking plane crash, probably the only good thing in it.

I actually think he did it on purpose to show how dumb and unskilled the Jedi were as military commanders, at least that's my headcanon

I can forgive the terrible CGI because they don't put any effort into it nowadays (compare today's CGI to CGI from the early 2000's and 90's, something about it being more expensive and less used back then lead to them doing a better job) but that fireball going up looked ridiculous. Like an overembellished 70's explosion.

>wing just grinds down to a stump
Consider me triggered

it can happen. it has happened.
what's wrong with it?

You have now changed my mind, looks totally realistic. That's exactly what explosions look like in real life.

>Move all quadrants to sector 515
And there are people that say Lucas isn't a hack.

Planes don't explode like that or at least don't explode right away when it reaches the ground. Most of the time all you see is smoke.

youtube.com/watch?v=lksDISvCmNI

I don't agree
youtube.com/watch?v=ColjRb3gHrk

>video games had better CGI cutscenes than this at the time
What the fuck was George doing?

I literally thought it was a video game cutscene before reading other comments. Haven't seen the prequels since they were released.

But what is that moment supposed to be expressing? Sure, you can use CGI to capture how that would look like in that shot, but the framing and lighting and camerawork and all the other shit are awful. All those elements have to come together to convey some meaning. Relying on a special effect to make your scene is lazy and undercuts whatever it is you're trying to do.

>youtube.com/watch?v=k_NT43aJ_Jw

Good reference, but there's no prominent fireball in that video and the fire that does go up goes up much more slowly than in OP's .webm.

and the movie shot is literally a sped up version of that?
So what, it's only 99% realistic instead of 100? how autistic are you?

t. retard

the movie scene is obviously exaggerated to look more exciting but it's not that far off the mark

Watch the whole scene, not a 10 second clip, you'd see the immense sense of dread

It's not the same without the sound of the plane screeching

it's fucking terrifying

and yes, I've always been scared of plane travel

Knowing is fucking kino

You're right. I checked out the whole scene and it is pretty dreadful. From the hamfisted dialog to the super fake attempt to make it look like a "real moment". Just a bad way to do that.

Fucking terrible film, one of the worst of all time.

>a plane falling from the sky going about 40 mph

ok

>hamfisted dialog

there's barely any dialog you cretin
get off my board you plebs

In 2002?
Not even close

The beginning of that scene has him looking at the numbers on the paper and then the longitude latitude numbers on the gps and then, even though its incredibly obvious what that means he has to explicitly say out loud to himself "THESE NUMBERS...THOSE NUMBERS...THEY MUST BE RELATED" or something to that effect. Completely unnecessary shitty dialog.

He probably means pre-rendered shit like the cutscenes in FFX, not in-game graphics.

They wouldn't be in HD back then though, they'd be like 480p

most movies pull this shit.
but what, you've never spoken to yourself when something shocked you?

It's badly done and is unnecessary for the scene. Stop trying to justify shitty dialog.

plane was moving just slow enough to justify the cgi cost
engine explosion cloud should have moved in the direction of travel as well as up
also the scale of it is a bit off when the cockpit is above the road