Why do audiences reject movies that are even the slightest bit weird?

Why do audiences reject movies that are even the slightest bit weird?

not a bad film. actually was fun to watch. But i guess most audience, not knowing whether the film would be good or not, opted for "safe" choices like dunkirk or spiderman

>those leads
you couldn't pay me to watch that

Because it's a piece of shit

Rihanna is a bait
she was forced into the movie
at least harry styles doing great in Dunkirk

Because the average person doesn't like to be mentally challenged by their entertainment.

I don't think it's the weirdness. Short male action lead killed the box office and thinly-veiled Jewish stereotype aliens killed the reviews.

>metally challenged

only if you're a grade schooler. nothing in this film was remotely thought provoking; fancy, maybe

It's your generation. My generation went out to see the Fifth Element

I haven't seen this movie, but it's just Spy Kids 2017, right

Fifth Element had class

Based on the poster, nothing about it looks appealing at all.

Men in Black without the comedy, add some cringey romance and special affects in space

No we didn't. Fifth Element underperformed before finding it's audience on video and cable.

Would have been stellar if not for the shitty casting and script. The 'banter' between the leads was the worst part of the movie, best part being the special effects and the different alien species. Wish there was less shoehorned romantic subplot and more exploring and interacting with the different races in the city.

It bombed in the theaters, retards.

But audiences showed up for Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy.

>tfw I hate the director,two main actors and the whole sci-fi fantasy theme
Feels pretty good that its flopping

The casting seems pretty strange, looking at the comic that its based on I dont see why they would settle on dehaan and delevigne, I dont know who would be a better fit though

Because it went up against a movie from one of the most popular directors of our generation.

Like how fucking badly do you have to fuck up to allow your block buster IP that the average joe has no idea about to go up against a Christopher Nolan movie.

>Why do audiences reject movies that are even the slightest bit weird?

Space jews

>Only species with immortal souls
>Highly intelligent species, more so than normal goys
>Innocent victims of a world war
>Literally 6,000,000 lives lost in a genocidal holocaust

Also because it was a shitty movie. Way too rushed, awful plot in the first place, cliche romantic lead, really fucking stupid and rushed "twist", etc.

I like "weird". This was just pointless dull overly long shit. Valerian is barely even a character.

because they casted two uggos for the leads

If you thought this flick offered anything remotely mentally challenging, post your address. I'll mail you a set of finger-paints.

>would've been great if it wasn't so shitty

i dont give a shit about your preferences on plot or story structure, just tell me how it compares to the fifth element or angel-a

>Acting like being victimized by pleb taste
No user. Shitty boi as MC. shitty girl as love interest. Irrelevant story. SJW feminist colored illegal alien messages. Shitty CGI. Too many mistakes

>Space Jews
I don't think that's why people aren't seeing it but it was still funny when they dropped the muh 6 million line. It was even funnier because the information brokers were practically a merchant meme.

"The film debuted at number 1 in the US, earning $17 million on its opening weekend.[39] It went on to become a box-office success, grossing over $263 million, almost three times its budget of $90 million"

>$63 million domestic
Like I said it didn't flop but it underperformed.

Why did they have to choose two people who looks like siblings to play love interests?

I do not even want to watch it.
Why?
Bland main characters. You can't cast somebody more forgettable and boring looking.

Way too aesthetic to be space jews

Besson always puts his degenerate fetishes in his movies. His most renowned film is literally about a pedophile.

Also, I think their replicators might have been a metaphor for usury.

Americans just can't with jolie laide.

>uses wikipedia for proof
I hate this new trend.

holy fuck is Cara ugly

Why does that girl have giant black eyebrows?

how does hollywood not realise no one gives a fuck about eyebrows bitch anymore?

The average person is 14 years old for life?

Same reason why idiots support Trump

2 cents has been deposited in you account.

Why do people go on Sup Forums to shill this fuckin movie. Everything I've seen of it looked awful. I'm not paying to watch this and I probably won't even waste my time pirating it. They could've at the very least hired actors that can, you know, act.

>dumb cattle

Nobody has seen this because both leads look unappealing and straight up repulsive