Countries by historical relevance

Countries by historical relevance

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Swedish_inventions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

finally an accurate version of this meme map

Ireland needs to be at least orange.

I would argue that Sweden is actually green.

> Poland isn't at least green

Why?

Make Lithuania bright red and Iran yellow, and we're in agreement.

make ireland orange and portugal green then itd be great

This is actually somewhat accurate

lol

I concur

>Iran
>Low historical impact
>Argentinian education

HOLY SHIT...

Ukraine should be orange.

The case could be made for both of these.

And Belgium as well I think could be downgraded to orange.

>Ireland needs to be at least orange

>I would argue that Sweden is actually green.

Yes, actually. They had some great contact in the 1800s if I am not mistaken. War in europe and the such.

>Iran has the same impact as Georgia and Armenia
Whoever created this """map""", why are you so retarded, uneducated and stupid?

I'll allow it.

Balkan countries are underrated

>Vatican
>Green
Surely the Vatican should be blue as all of European Christianity has had dealings with it

Why would it be?

>Countries by historical relevance
...since the 18th century

Sweden should unironically be green.

p.anlgo

Fixed.

why is iberia lagging so far behind?

The Holy see can be considered separate from the Vatican City State.

>...since the 18th century
>Greece is relevant
>Italia is relevant
>Portugal is relevant

>Tunisia aka Carthage
>very low

you mean overrated

fixed

Yes, it should be at least yellow. Could be more but It was utterly destroyed by Rome and it's legacy turned to dust.

But to far back and Sweden aswell as Poland would need to be green atleast.

FAR better, but you underrated Scandinavia and Commonwealth too much, let them be yellow or orange at least.

B-but Austria started in Habsburg

>Scandinavia
Swedes achieved a lot, scientifically, in medicine, and in warfare ( Swedish Empire). Don't lump us in with the rest of the snowniggers.

>portugal green
It had to be a norcuck...

FTFY

REEEEEEEEE FUCKING IGNORANT DOGSHITS NOT KNOWING HISTORY AND HOW MUCH SWEDISH EMPIRE DID REEEEEE

no you did not. conquering russian wasteland is not impressive. denmark is by far the most relevant scandinavian country historically

see portugal has been an empire but so has many other countries who arent coloured blue. portugal hasn't defined what it means to be european such as britain, france, italy etc. has. they've been very influental but not enough to rival the likes of greece, britain and france

Russia isn't relevant.

>Austria not blue

Fuck this biased chart

Who do you started exploring the new world,africa and got to india and japan from europe?

Why the fuck are we relevant ? We sold weapons to 3/4 of europe and had good nerds but thats about it

>Austria at level of Italy, Iraq, Iran, UK, France

meanwhile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Swedish_inventions

the only scandi country that deserves to be higher than orange

>Iraq at the level of Italy, Iran, UK, France

>the fall ottoman empire basically led to the two world wars
>green
holy fuck

>being the buffer country between the east and west for centuries, between regional powers, lutheran and orthodox, capitalism and communism
>one of the rare examples of a successful modern welfare state, that hasn't been built on mere natural resources, retaining it's language and building an identity between stronger neighbours that always sought to oppress it
>not relevant

what a grug tier map

dumb or baiting?

America is purple

you didn't even exist 101 years ago

spain was the first to discover the new world and having ports all around the world is exactly what the dutch did too. portugal is also severely outclassed scientifically when compared to the netherlands. if anything, portugal should be green and the netherlands blue

you aren't relevant, why so butthurt?

Finland didn't even exist as an independent entity before 20th century

>Malta
>very low

Guess how I know that this this was done by a know-nothing newworlder?

>muh swedish empire
>conquer finns
>lose finns

WEW

Nah, Ireland does not even get mentioned if you do a general European history course. They only become relevant very late when they were fighting for independence.

What does it have to do with modern state of Iraq?

>polish history
>disappear
>appear
>disappear
>appear
>disappear
>appear
>disappear
>appear

Losin the 30 year war twice is impressive.

It was still decently important when it was Muslim land directly bordering Christian states.

If it weren't for the famine, nobody would care about Ireland, historically saying

nah portugal started the atlantic travel circumnavigating africa to reach India and Indonesia. The Netherlands just made some money stealing their trade routes

Make sweden green you ignorant negroid

Sweden yes!

Why all the countries there have accurate modern borders, but Germany is for some reason given it's maximum historical extent in the East?

what does this thread have to do with modern state of Iraq?

we were independent for like the first eight centuries of our history

italy/ spain got the ball rolling with columbus. portugal and the netherlands both were sea-jews and in terms of cultural contribution, the netherlands are the clear winner

Not true. Irish monks preserved a lot of Latin text.

We killed Burgundy. That ought to count as a yellow.

Denmark has had 0 influence in Europe. Ever since the Klamar union broke loose, all Denmark has done is to lose wars. Imagine only losing wars for 700 years.
What have they given Europe culturally or scientifically? Lego and a pastry.
If Denmark is yellow, Sweden is green.

they also have a few neat inventions

Don't mind if I... make a few changes...

portugal started it though, way more historically relevant than holland. Indonesia doesn't even speak dutch

Lego and pastry > Achmeden

Portugal is highly relevant by association with its greatest ally England and the UK.

This makes no sense.

Ireland was part of Great Britain for most of the era when GB made her mark.

Norway didn't exist until relatively recent Independence

Finland too

Belgium too

Etc etc

t. 1/49th Irish

>conquering russian wasteland is not impressive
You are woefully ignorant.
>denmark is by far the most relevant scandinavian country historically
In what way? ViKANGZ in england? Kicked out within a few years every time. Kalmar union? Voluntary, the danish kings were elected as king of sweden and norway and add to that it was an unstable mess that was at war with itself for half of its existance. Meme "colonies" (trading posts and forts)? Anything else?
Oh, by the way. You haven't won a war against us since 1613.

i'm not sure how you can post that denmark has had zero influence under that flag of yours

the people and culture did
did the nazi occupation nullify danish accomplishments? a foreign king? marriages between royals or unions between countries?
with your logic they did

>Portugal is highly relevant by association with its greatest ally England and the UK.
>gets betrayed by the UK every fucking time

dark red?
are you kidding me?

>discovered burgerland
>created the first parliament in the world
>directly caused the rest of the world to grow colder and experience widespread famine by releasing 120 million tons of sulfur and 8 million tons of hydrofluoric into the atmosphere
>indirectly caused the french revolution through the point above
>some other meme shit like the cod wars

even though this post is quintessentially WE WUZ VIKANGZ, I'm not ashamed of it
because all of it is true

we have been a thing for longer than we've been in unions with other countries though

Relationships have their ups and downs, especially long-term ones. The main thing is we love eachother.

posting superior and true map

actually, it was spain and england

>jews control the world
>sea jews = irrelevant

>belgium
>not red

>north africa
>very low

what is Carthage and its wars against rome ?
what is the north african roman province that provided many people that defined early christianity ?
what is the heavy resistance against invading araps ?
what is the invading of andulsia ?
what is the barbary coast pirates who robbed every country and converted some euros to fight with them ?
what is the fight against the invading frogs ?
what is the 2011 revolution that started all of the shit happening now ?

>a fucking leaf

What is: Celsius, propeller, dynamite, ball bearing, bluetooth, styrofoam, zipper and the Swedish empire?

I won't take this map seriously untill Austria is blue

Belgium was a pretty big player in colonialism.

you were literal african-tier tribes who never achieved anything

Excellent post

history isnt about the last 200 years you know

portugal got a lot of 3rd worlders speaking their language but their contribution to the world is still minimal in comparison to the netherlands. having lots of clay is not the only requirement to be relevant. they're at the very least equals

Really? Tell me what influence you’ve had over Europe except for a shitty union you couldn’t hold together?