JSA Storytime: JLI

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

we finally back

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/andykhouri/status/762819758081265665
comicsalliance.com/hanna-barbera-flintstones-2-preview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you alright, OP? Anything happen or just lack of time?

Meant to be back last night, but I had to choose between y'all and pie, and, well, is that a choice?

Hello Storyteller.

Welcome back. So how are things? Did your job go well?

shit's good, but I'm blocked out again this Thursday-Sunday

twitter.com/andykhouri/status/762819758081265665

>Some of DC's staff are making a highschool shojo comic about the office! Here's my design by Gabriela Downie

I've never needed to read something so badly, and I bet it's just an in-joke we'll never see

they should publish it desu

What kind of pie?

oh gosh

would read

That depends on the pie.

hope you're doing well OP

Suicide Squad is a fucking disaster of a movie. I liked Ostrander dug it

Occupy Avengers is my Marvel NOW most hype I think

pecan, after chicken-fried steak

it was heavenly :3

Khouri posted something a few days back, like a question, where the answer was literally Sup Forums and I felt weird that he didn't know.

Nice and nice, haven't had either of those things in forever

I really liked reading that Ostrander review. I just think it's great that happened.

You made the right choice OP

oh hah, the "why are all these racists super into anime, specifically cute girls?" thing

I will always, always go for the chicken-fried at a small cafe like where we went.

>"why are all these racists super into anime, specifically cute girls?"
Yeah. It's like... Sup Forums, that's why.

it was also "fight traffic on Mopac, or not....vote for not!"

comicsalliance.com/hanna-barbera-flintstones-2-preview/

Tomorrow's Flintstones looks great

Sup Forums, giving us both 'cuck' and "racists into moe", thanks a lot

hnnng

Also only 3 Visions left

;-;

Even the preview is blowing my mind.

>tfw flintstones most likely won't last past 12
why do all the good books die

>being hype for the lastest DC knockoff by Marlel, written by Le House Nigger
wew lad

The smash cut to the dead guy on tv killed me

I hate the notion that Mark Russell will ever be not writing comics.

OP is a faggot and so are you

Y u mad tho

oh my GOD, the second page

this book is so great

HOLY SHIT

>Here's that rock I owe you
Just slightly silly enough to be hilarious

I never asked for Fred Flintstone to be a perfect bara husbando

>Flintstones, Superwoman, and Prieststroke previews all look good
>Young Animal hasn't even started
I don't have enough money for all this.

Capeshit is dying and morons like you are the cancer that's killing it.

Jimenez did a podcast where he talked about Superwoman yesterday. I found it interesting that he wanted to include something dealing with Legion (not sure if it was a character or just a reference) but they wouldn't let him because of the plans for them elsewhere.

Oh, so Robbie Reyes is finally coming back, too

I have heard nothing but astounding praise for Prieststroke, and some interesting comments on Superwoman

You're truly the hero we need, but not the one we want right now user.

Sure must suck buying into the Big Two meme

Jimenez's art still looks good but the colors are kinda ehh with it

Is too late big n. Been playing this for a days nice fan remake

Cuck was /r9k/ first

I saw some Lois fans mad about Lana being too cool in that preview. And upset that she helped Clark with his powers.

It looks good to me though

dat Aquaman

Uncle Arthur want you.

>the new Ghost Rider ongoing series looks set to introduce Robbie Reyes to the Marvel Universe at large with promises of cameos and team-ups with the likes of The Totally Awesome Hulk and the All-New Wolverine, a character he is described as developing a kinship with as he seeks other teenage heroes in similar situations.

I'm really looking forward to Robbie being the bad boy of the latest group of teen heroes. I actually love him as a character unreasonably - objectively, his series wasn't that good beyond art.

99% of the time that means "we want to do something with these characters, we have no idea what that is, but it's something" and then that "something" ends up cancelled anyway.

Man there's quite a few salty Lois fans on cbr shitting up the preview/discussion thread on the #1 issue
It's 10 pages long despite being like less than 18 hours old and the issue not being out

I was really disappointed there's no wiki or information page for all /r9k/ variations of Chads and Staceys.

There was somebody hounding Jimenez on Twitter about Lana being an overachiever or something too

you literally cannot win with Lois fans on twitter

quote the best!

Who cares about nu Lois. Thank god jimenez is doing something with her.

I'm gonna be so salty if those plans is just a book written by Levitz

Man, I really want to see if Russell can do something that's a bit more straight cape comics, because he's clearly got a grasp of how to make shit funny and compelling that's not simply about gag-a-page.

They should just keep Dr. Fate going as Levitz containment

I hope not. Capeshit is where creativity goes to die.

I believe after N52, Levitz is d-o-DONE with the Legion. I think all that misery was his vain attempt at salting the ground.

Based Johns wouldn't do that to us

...right?

I wanted this pre-Rebirth but I'm not sure now. I don't know.

I kinda wonder if Ostrander didn't just say nothing but positive things because he's getting royalties from this shit.

Or if he's just being classy. Actually seeing it in theaters would probably give me an idea, but I haven't gone to a theaters for a capeshit movie since before Iron Man 1 and I don't see a reason to ruin that perfectly good record.

Curse me and my buying what appeals to me habits!!!

Why not? Most of Rebirth is the most generic imaginable cape comics. At least Hickman would do something different, even if it's an entertaining trainwreck.

nooooo

some people do great work within the restrictions of capeshit, tho

he's been honest in the past about when his own work has been rough

Does he get royalties? Most of them were pre-existing characters, and even the Suicide Squad name existed before.

I don't think he said only positive things. He acknowledged the movie has problems - to me it was just kind of a sane, sensible review from the creator of the damn thing. Like he's the guy that established the Suicide Squad as it exists in people's minds. Can you imagine then going to see the Hollywood movie of your thing? Are you really gonna shit on it, if it makes even a little bit of effort at being your thing?

Was getting worried there, OP.

>I kinda wonder if Ostrander didn't just say nothing but positive things because he's getting royalties from this shit.
But he did say negative things, you fucking moron. God, I'm so sick of this fucking "Ostrander is a shill" meme. I can't believe people would doubt the integrity of that poor man.

>I believe after N52, Levitz is d-o-DONE with the Legion. I think all that misery was his vain attempt at salting the ground.
Paul is like an old man who hates his kids and won't tell them why. (Seriously, was it just burnout or a severe case of NOT MUH? Cause I don't think he's ever really addressed the issue.)

Same herr. I'm one of those people who thinks it's a hot mess, but if he's happy with it I'm not going to argue.

Ostrander has been honest in the past about stuff, like when he talked about recent Waller use

No Legion allowed in Superwoman, my King theory and Supersons theory both survive!!

I really don't want Hickman on LoSH. Especially if his natural edginess came through.

He will have gotten something for Waller.

Tell me about it. My new teaching position cut my paycheck by a sizable amount but fuuuuuuuck I need all these comics now.

He gets royalties for Amanda Waller at the very least, I'm pretty sure

It WAS a hot mess.

Yeah, he couldn't POSSIBLY like the movie, no sir, that's impossible, every person who liked the movie is a paid shill!!!

pie >>>> storytime, mainly also because traffic here blows

I'm sorry the movie was shit, but you need to dial it down, my man.

Can we cut the movie arguments here. There's a hundred threads for that shit elsewhere on the board

How are you tonight, OP? I just finished moving into a new apartment and sweet jesus comic trade volumes are fucking heavy.

So I looked in the CBR thread

>Superwoman received the highest rating out of all the Rebirth related books he's reviewed.
>This is not really a spoiler, and it's something Jimenez has already talked about in interviews, but I'll spoiler tag it for those that don't even want to know kind of book you're in for.
>A website published an early review of Superwoman and gave it a 4.5 out of 5. Since then they've taken down the review, but I was able to read the review through google cache.

>According to the review, the last page of Supewoman #1 features the most unexpected twist since Thunderbolts #1

>This is more spoilery so don't read this if you want to go into Superwoman #1 knowing as little as possible.

>The book is very much a Lois/Lana book. The review referred to them both as protagonists. There is more than one Superwoman

scanbro mentioned the last page too but didn't actually show it, and people were thinking it was lana "dying"

OKAY CUT OUT THE Sup Forums OR I'LL TURN THIS CAR AROUND

Fuck off, he has a right to like the movie if he did, just like everyone else.

I was mostly into giving him a shot because they would need a big name to get them going, but Rebirth has such good will in general people might pay attention to a LoSH book without needing him. I guess he's the nuclear option to me since I'm not sure it would be good?

Ideally if I wanted something weird I'd go with Morrison (though he said he doesn't want to do monthlies right now) as he has done something fun with them already in Action so I trust him.

>third panel
>"What Sells Comics"
HA! Apparently all you need to do is piss in your readership's collective cereal, and the pathetic peons will empty the selves in less than an hour every time.

I have over 200 trades/omnis that, six months after moving, I STILL have to sort back out.

YOU JUST WANT TO TURN AROUND THE CAR ANYWAY TO GET MORE PIE

Dixon is also happy he gets pay. Dixon said that he and co-creator Graham Nolan have “seen money from Bane all along – the Lego games and the little Bane-shaped piece in the Spaghettios.” He continued:

We always get a piece of what Bane makes. We’ll see money from this movie. They have graphs and charts to figure out how much based on how many lines of dialogue he has and how much he’s in the movie and how much impact he has on the story… I still talk to Licensing at DC. They still e-mail me and talk to me on the phone. We’re copacetic there. I can’t say a bad word about DC there. They’re very diligent about following up on that front.

>biggest twist since T Bolts

NAZI SUPER WOMAN CONFIRMED

movie shit pls go

I am good! And I feel your pain, I've moved a lot of books a lot of times and I always cry at "I have this many boxes and the shelves are still THIS FULL???"

didn't scanbro run kamala's fanfic?

ahhh, so that's the twist. I was talking to someone who had a copy and was being oblique about it.

if the pie place weren't so far out...

Why do you think that's what I was saying? Have all the Sup Forums threads ruined your damn brain?

I am happy they made movie. Thank god for the reprints

Ah yes, the Bendis Method.

My dad was helping me unpack stuff and asked "how much money have you spent on all these?"

Hey now, it's my paycheck, I'll spend it how I want thank you very much.

>didn't scanbro run kamala's fanfic?
yeah, Sup Forums got a little pissy at some shit like pic related

NO MORE Sup Forums DAMMIT

OP would totally ban me from this thread if they had the power for continuing this Sup Forums talk, but I'll be interested in seeing if the Captain Marvel movie gets marketed along the same lines as Ghostbusters.

Cover kind of gives it away