/trek/ - Star Trek General

The new Klingon Bat'Leth's look ......interesting

I wonder what Worf would think of them

I have to say I do not like a single thing about this new show.

And just like a lot of things these days they're overdesigning literally every aspect of the show.

Worf preferred the mek'leth

>What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more. What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more. Woah-woah-woah-oh-oh, ooh-woah-woah-oh-oh, oh-ho! Woah-woah-woah-oh-oh, ooh-woah-woah-oh-oh, oh-ho! What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Well good news, we have those too

>I have to say I do not like a single thing about this new show.
The Klingons will speak authentic tlhIngan Hol and the audience will have to rely upon subtitles.

I haven't watched the 3rd JJ Trek movie

Should I?

I hate them both. I watched the new Discovery trailer with my friends whom are not serious star trek fans. I was mentioning how the klingons look "Fucking Retarded",to which one friend chimed in "They changed Klingons once, this isn't different.

Who cares what that stupid nigger thinks?

I reckon even now Michael Dorn could kick your ass

Imagine if the TNG or DS9 crew had the budget of STD. I guess those were just different times

I only just realised that Rom had a different voice in the first season, at least when he's talking to Keiko about sending Nog to school.

That's breakout characters for you

Reminder that Discovery will be remembered 25 years from now as Trek KINO.

It will run for 20 seasons and win multiple Emmy awards.

Terry "I'm just a pair of walking tits" Farrel
Terry "I blew the chance of a lifetime and now my career's in the toilet" Farrel

>"You're mad!"
>"I'm Mudd."

>"Wow, you rock!"
>"I am Ruk."

>"You're hardcore!"
>"No, I'm only Kor."

>"Are you a king?"
>"Sorry, I'm just Kang."

>"You're appalling!"
>"Actually, I'm Apollo."

>"Ha ha, you're funny!"
>"Thanks, but I'm Finney."

>"Surely you must be drinkin'."
>"I assure you, I'm Abraham Lincoln."

t. Rick Berman

Friends, the flight plan omitted

Temba, at rest

Don't ever link me or my son ever again

No.

At least it's in the original continuity? Even though it's gonna fuck it up

Can someone post the pic that shows what all the actresses look like now?

say something nice about Discovery.

I... I like this D'k Tahg.

Looks so garish, the orginal looked so much better IMO.

it's supposed to be ceremonial, so it is appropriately garish.

Why have Klingons always been the mall ninjas of the Alpha Quadrant?

>You will never be the station tramp and have a role of importance like Jadzia.

WHY LIVE

It wasn't just a ceremonial blade, it was used quite frequently throughout Star Trek as a weapon.

Ancient Klingons confirmed for Franklin Mint suckers.

SIMPLE HESITATION!

thats not a mek-leth not even close, Dan Curry must be prematurely rolling in his grave

>authentic
doubt it, kingonese is complicated af and they don't have a kingonese adviser

Why are they doing that? Don't they know their audience?
If the original fans hate the serie & the design, there is little chance the word of mouth will be positive & the global audience will see that.

What? What happened to the UT?

cause becker was a complete failure yea?
thanks berman

>Producer Gretchen Berg said that the Klingon cast will be speaking Klingonese in the snew series, and that “you’ll have to get out your glasses, you will be reading” – meaning lots of subtitles for the warrior race! She continued, “we’ve gone to great lengths to be accurate with our Klingon language.”

UT is for when Klingons are speaking to humans, not when Klingons are speaking to other Klingons.

lol who gives a fuck about 30+ year olds, we want the young audience who loved the edgy, dark, queer-positive JJ films

I like James Frain thats about it

>queer-positive
Lol. You can't make this shit up any better.

>we've gone to great blah blah stick a dick in my ass
no they haven't klingon is a complicated fucked up language and they have already gotten it wrong, just hire someone who actually knows it its not that hard

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

>and they have already gotten it wrong
When, where?

>prequel
>2255
>WEingons
>BDSM-tier canon restrictions
>gayass sheliaks

the etchings gretchen, do your fucking homework

Which etchings? What's wrong with them?

everything, look at it nothing makes sense you might as well have sneaked 47 in their at least it would have showed you cared

Be specific, please.

>Franklin Mint

no gretchen, consult those 'experts' you claim to have employed, its pretty glaring

So you have nothing, got it.

cool, keep making shit with gold inlay and nonsensical writing

You can read Klingon?

To be honest, this looks fine in terms of the writing, so I don't know what is on about

yes, welcome to trek, u clueless bitch

>instead of hiring someone dedicated to get it right they hire another tribe member to just make up some new shit to sell more books about fictional languages.

Can you translate this for me?

>looks fine
why? cause its in klingon, its a random series of symbols that mean nothing, go ahead and try and translate that shit, its pure nonsense

So it's authentic Star Trek then, since written Klingon has always been bullshit.
>Michael Okuda, who led the TNG-era art departments in creating the Klingon language as seen in graphics or script, starting from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home onward, has admitted they are randomly arranged symbols, which he based on the small number of Klingon writings visible in Star Trek: The Original Series and the first three Star Trek films. The original script was designed by Matt Jefferies, also responsible for the very first visual representation of the definitive Klingon emblem, for use on the D7 class model as used in the Original Series. (Star Trek: The Magazine Volume 2, Issue 6, p. 70) These graphics and writings do not reflect any possible spellings or translations in what Okrand's non-canon works call pIqaD, the native Klingon writing system.

I'm not the expert above, however I can translate it roughly. (bear in mind I am new to klingon)

First line
A guttural quailty to this one, so i may be wrong, but it's
" I like to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas".
Second line
I like to ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays.
It goes on like this for the rest. Quite interesting

not really thats voy, le ancient klingon, a little bit kinda makes sense

>tfw 2013 was 10 years ago
Timeship Relativity, one to beam up, please.

Please.

Please.

I said I know klingon, and you really think I don't know this? Matt created an entire language and yes while many of the symboles are untranslatable some of them are, and std got it all wrong

>I said I know klingon, and you really think I don't know this?
I really think you're a terrible bullshitter.

Written Klingon will be nonsense like it always is. Spoken Klingon will be authentic and subtitled, just like in the TOS movies. TOS movies are the highest form of pure Trek, so I see no reason for you to keep bullshitting about this.

>spoken klingon will be authentic
nope it'll be the same nonsense thats etched into their um 'weapons' wait and see

Yeah, sure, whatever.

By the way,
>Matt created an entire language
Matt Jeffries only created the script. Marc Okrand created the language.

You're such a fucking casual. Quit pretending to be a hardcore nerd for e-points.

It's all nonsense user, they're not fucking real

k, enjoy your shitshow brah

true, sad it took this long for someone to post this, I announce i'm retarded enough to actually know klingon and people start asking me for translations
>the absolute state of this board
>bringing up Marc
you really are casual eh?

Did they get the idea from a mall sword kiosk vendor? Because that thing is ugly and edgelord as shit.

Literally you right now. The absolute state of your life.

Dan is probably upset

ok hab soslI’ quch, fucking pleb

Nobody cares that you know some words in a made up tv language user. Maybe /tg/ might care, but the rest of the world doesn't.

Fucking casual, fuck off.

your point? if ya know you ever had one

Stop whining and trying to show off your completely pointless skill. It's ruining an already very shit thread

you um, you don't know what that says eh?

It says "Laugh Out Loud", casual.

"i HAVE A DOCTOR'S PRESCRIPTION PAD AND CAN WRITE YOU A PRESCRIPTION FOR PRACTICALLY ANYTHING YOU WANT"

Posts to Craigslist. What a fucking moron. I hope he got his young ass caught.

it is pretty shit, not my fault stupid etchings and golden crap triggered me, I don't usually dump all my trek trivia at once still haven't, maybe OP shouldn't have been suck a faggot

Hey, I never sucked a faggot. You can't prove that

What Trek trivia? You couldn't even get the name right for the inventor of Klingonese.

>The Sword of Kahless was the first bat'leth ever forged. It was designed and created by Kahless the Unforgettable and was dated to the 9th century AD.
There was an entire fucking episode about this thing, how did they fuck up the design of the new ones

nope, it doesn't, closer then you might think though

lol, debating between matt and marc, you really are new eh?

It astonishes me how easy it is for aliens to sneak on board the Enterprise

You can just be chilling in Astrometrics and nobody will ever notice until you kill someone or try to take over the ship

Matt didn't create a language. He created an alphabet. Marc created the language. Who are you trying to fool? For what purpose are you trying to fool? You're anonymous, you don't have a reputation at stake. You can simply stop replying, and tomorrow nobody will remember how wrong you were today.

It says "Laugh Out Loud". Why are you so dishonest about everything?

like I said arguing about matt and marc
>pure unadulterated autisim

eh kinda, its close

Nah it'll be the biggest failure since TOS and only run a single season.

I love Morn.
Such a great and in depth character
all without saying a single word

Garak, come here, come quickly, I think there's a secret message encoded in this transmission!

B-E-S-U... wait, is that right? Did they mean Desu? R-E-T-O... Yes, yes, that's it Garak, we're on the right track! I'm sure of it now! I'm so excited, I'm dizzy with anticipation! D-R-I-N-K-Y-O-U-R-S-L-U-G-O-C-O-L-A!

Shit will be DOA, JJ trek works in the movies but trying to replicate it in a series just doomed it to fail

Discovery will be Trek KINO and Sup Forums will be wrong once again.

Sup Forums is never wrong

Here's my compromise: It'll be a good scifi series but it'll be a terrible Star Trek.

And I can live with that. I can live with it.