I dont get it

i dont get it

watch it again in a few months, in the mean time watch some other Lynch

Dreams.

The demon that lives in the alley behind Winkies manipulates reality to feed on people's hopes and dreams. The old couple are his minions and the box that alters time belongs to him or possibly is created by him.

who is prime Naomi?

M Dr Naomi
or
Tank Girl Naomi

same

but it was worth it

Did you at least feel things during it? you aren't supposed to "get it" inside and out. The most mysteries the better

Welcome to Lynchian Convention
I highly recommend the opposite

you know they read on it on the net when someone says they get lynch

why

This isn't a Stephen King novel.

It was based on one though.

yeah, it was more RL Stine tier

The old people are Diane's grandparents who abused her. She suppressed the trauma and moved to LA after winning a dance contest to become an actress. She had little success and started having an affair with Camilla, who slept with directors to get parts. Camilla slept with Adam Kesher to get the lead in his film and she also got Diane a part, but her affair with Adam became serious and Diane got jealous. Camilla teased Diane by inviting her to Adam's party and holding her hand as they walked up the secret path, but then at the party her and Adam announced their engagement. This caused Diane to snap and order a hit on Camilla. After she saw the key on the table indicating that Camilla was dead she sunk into a depressed and drugged out stupor before killing herself. The first 2/3 of the film is a dream she has shortly before committing suicide, in which she experiences things her ideal version of reality wherein she's the talented actress and Camilla is an amnesiac who has no agency but to be Diane's friend and lover. The end.

The hobo was just a symbol contructed by betty to represent the lowest point you can fall to and the thing that was dragging her down there

The first half of the film is a dream using bits and pieces of what really happened. The second half, commencing with the masturbation scene, is Diane's real life.

Normie interpretation

I WANT POWER

BECAUSE IT FEELS

GOOD

I dont think the first two sentences are correct. I think the grandparents just represent betty wanting people to be proud of her/ see her become succesful, so that 'want' turned to unbearable shame once she was unable to turn away from the fact that she became human trash

So what hes some kind of evil wizard or something?

YOU KNOW NOTHING

I hate quarter pounders with cheese. Im just in it for the power

I don't know, maybe. He's an evil force that delights in human torment and misery.

You are an idiot loser and you lack the intellectual grounding to understand it. You are forever doomed to never comprehend the film. However hard you toil over it, you will forever fall short and be left dissatisfied.

A few choices are left to you:
1) kill yourself
2) embrace your retardation
3) continue your unhappy life of unfulfilled cinephilia

he doesnt delight in anything, thats just you projecting. Theres no character motivation or even characterization for him in the film at all. at best you can call him an elemental evil which is why it makes the most sense for him to be a psychological construct

Well you can just say the whole thing is a dream, all the things that happen to Adam, all the forces at play, just one big whacky dream. And there's no real way to disprove that. It's just a rather dull interpretation which makes the movie dull as well.

It's lesser Lynch that got memed cause lesbos

David Lynch's Mulholland Dr.
Formerly Chuck's

watched it with my dad he liked the lesbian sex scene lmao
pic related

the moral of the story is that you should never eat at Denny's or the monkey man behind their dumpster will give you a heart attack

am I a brainlet if I enjoyed the movie, but don't understand it? I feel like there's not much to "understand".

congrats you did understand it.

>DUDE IT WAS JUST A DREAM LMAO

wow aren't we so smart.

Let's go jerk eachother off and listen to Scriabin

i jerked off with my best mate while watching the hot lesbian scene. now we do it regularly when our wives are away. no homo.

like a tiny blonde girl can just _hire_ a hitman

Is there a more insufferable fan base than the smug pseuds that lynch attracts with his dood it's about what you feeeeeeel maaaaan

>He didn't get it in the first watch through

It was meh plotwise

It was a dream about the jews

This, its actually pretty simple. In her dream (2/3 of the movie) the killers are incompetent, and the director is in love with her and is forced by "mafia" to give roles to someone else

Did anyone see this guy twice?

>muh Buddhism
Who cares? Laura Harring was the best looking one.