How would you have fixed Watchmen?

How would you have fixed Watchmen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIxv9YfeMSU
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-works-at-hbo-1014987
youtu.be/jJKUMlYzrt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hbo mini series

No need to fix, it is literally perfect.

fbpb

It's got some of the greatest parts of film-making yet it just doesn't jive. The 4-hour director's cut doesn't help.

No fixing needed, it's by favorite Synder flick, and I hated BvS. MoS was decent.

remove the fucking awful soundtrack
> Winds they are a changin'
> sounds of silence
> Hallelujah
> THE COMIC MADE A NON STORY REFERENCE TO ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER SO WE HAVE TO PLAY IT

I've read the series +20 times since the early 90's.
The movie is pretty much all I could have wished for. It's generally so true to the original comic.

There's actually one in the works. Snyder was attached at one point, but no longer.

That said, you've kind of given me the idea to re-cut the film into a short series. It might fix the pacing.

It's better than all the recent capeshit with better quotes and music as well.

Longer/more sex scene
Show full penetration

STFU Marvel Paki, No need to fix, it is perfect as it is.

Watch the ultimate extended edition.
Keep the roschache scene with the saw and the house fire accurate to the comic.

That's all.

Recast Ozymandias.
Otherwise probably nothing.

>How would you have fixed Watchmen?

By adding diversity.

more quips
less boobs

Need more Dr Manhattan scenes blasting commies in Vietnam.

I saw the director's cut first. It was a beautiful movie that was ultra faithful to the comic, except for the end, where I honestly think the movie had a better ending.

Then I saw the theatrical cut that was loaded with problems where scenes that were critical to the understanding and depth of the movie where completely omitted or sanitized to the point that it didn't carry the same emotional punch.

Theatrical cut had a lot of problems. Sure, they were nuances, but they were nuances that counted.

But really, in my opinion, best cape kino ever made and unlikely to be surpassed. It's so good that it surpasses the genre and is honestly one of my favorite movies.

It's amazing Zach Snyder did this and 300..... he never even remotely recaptured the magic.

I genuinely think the intro montage set to Bob Dylan's "Times are A-Changin" might be the most powerful 5 minutes of cinema ever made. There's no other point in American cinema that displays the loss of American innocence so completely and so tragically. From the very beginning, I knew I was in for a masterpiece.

Pasta?

Nah, I just genuinely write a book on every post.

Don't make it. None of the meta things that are the most important thing about the comic make any sense in the big screen, and it's similar only on its surface.
I'm surprised about people claiming it's faithful to the original simply because it reproduced the plot pretty much 1:1 when the plot was just an excuse for something else in the comic.
This adaptation is nothing but yet another proof that Snyder barely understands anything beyond surface level.

This for sure. Anyone saying the film is perfect is nuts, that was one of the worst casting choices of all time.

>>
>> THE COMIC MADE A NON STORY REFERENCE TO ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER SO WE HAVE TO PLAY IT

that scene is fucking kino you troglodyte
youtube.com/watch?v=dIxv9YfeMSU

Not made it a movie and told people to read the dang graphic novel.

Though probably split it into two films have the first film be a set up of the world establishing the characters and try to make them look heroic and the second would deal with the actual plot of the book

we almost got this

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-works-at-hbo-1014987
>Lindelof
>Hbo
You have my attention

Only have the intro sequence as the movie.
It was the best part about the movie anyway

nothing its perfect as it is. based Snyder ushered the best adaptation of a comic book film and up to this very day is still unmatched, unequalled

Ozymandias' casting was the best thing about this movie

>fix
user ... I

said no one ever

he doesn't actually bother me much, tonal issues in the movie are more of a concern to me, but come on he was a miscast

Dr Manhattan origin scene is one of the best scenes in all of capeshit

"I feel fear for the last time"
Chills

>It's got some of the greatest parts of film-making yet it just doesn't jive. The 4-hour director's cut doesn't help.
The fuck does this mean?

And the intro. And the story Bernard is reading at the comic book stand.

If someone cannot see that shit's a fucking masterpiece, they're wrong. Plain and simple.

But overall, it's pretty epic. And the whole Rorschach goes to prison was just incredible.

It really is top tier 10/10 kino. No troll.

You don't. It was the perfect supehero movie. Stayed true to the source material. A live action comic book. It was just ahead of its time in 2009. If it were released now it would clean out the box office. but idk if we would have gotten the same quality film if it were released now. Snyder really gave it his all with this film and succeeded.

What's wrong with Ozymandias? I see this complaint a lot but I don't get it.

this cant be fuckin real

MORE
BLUE
DICKS

Ozymandias fits just perfectly. Didn't the graphic novel describe him as soft-spoken and Bowie-ish. Rorschach even thinks he's probably a homosexual because he's awfully effeminate and pretty for a man.

The whole point of Ozymandias is that he's a snake in the grass, he doesn't seem villainous or threatening so no one realizes what's been in plain sight the whole time.

I actually think ALL the casting is perfect. But Dr Manhatten and The Comedian stole the show. They couldn't have been more perfect.

I think Lori and Night Owl were a bit more subtle and less impressive, but they're meant to be more subdued characters. Rorschach was good.

Personally, I think this movie was perfect and it's a shame for them to remake it in any way. They can't top it.

Miniseries but actually feature the shit that makes watchmen standout. Have the Black Freighter and News Stand sub plot, have your main A plot, then have a flashback plot showing the Minutemen. Would make for a really good season of TV

>it's another /nu/tv still trying to force the "Watchmen sucked" meme episode

Recast Ozymandias, get rid of the overly long sex scene.

Uhm no sweetie. Wasn't long enough. I could almost feel her warm wet velvet walls

I agree with this. That shit was great.

by hanging myself

I would have rejected every script until it was comprehensible to people that got laid as teenagers.

Bugs Bunny as Ozymandias

Replace Malin Akerman with someone who could emote better. Perhaps a tickle me elmo.

>It's amazing Zach Snyder did this and 300..... he never even remotely recaptured the magic.

Snyder is a decent Director if you give him a script and comic pages he can copy. He is crap if he has to do any writing himself.

Yep

that doesn't look like jude law at all.

>it's a Comedian scene

Recast Lori and Ozymandias.

Use Philip Glass' music through the whole movie instead of just Dr.Manhattan's origin. It really makes it all click.

What exactly did Watchmen did that can't be replicated in other mediums?
>dude panels lmao

MoS nor BvS was written by him.

and it shows

Pretty solid considering it's source material

>DUDE ZACK MISSED THE POINT OF MY FUNNY BOOK
Not an argument

Shouldn't have cut away from the BBC so often.

come to think of it, I can't remember if that was meant to be him or not.
I know he was considered for the role though.

Ozymandias had some neat concepts, regardless

Yes only the kino magnum opus Suckerpunch was. I'm just glad that Snyder isn't illiterate like one would assume from watching his movies

I thought the rorshack guy was pretty cool so it would've been better with just him fucking people up

Well...

It's not the perfect capeshit, but the closest to it. No need to fix anything, even with it's flaws.

>Recast the Silk Spectre 1 mom
>Fire Zach Snyder
>New soundtrack
>Give it more of an 80s aesthetic and less of a polished 2000's look.
>Dial back the perfect looking Hollywood actors and capeshit fighting.

>No need to fix anything, even with it's flaws
What did user mean by this?

Better dialogue, cut down time

It's a joke.
It's all a joke.

That wasn't the point of Ozymandias at all. God you braindead snydercucks are retarded.

That literally is an argument

>>Recast the Silk Spectre 1 mom
I hope you mean just when she's older or I'll have to call you a flaming faggot

Dr Manhattan had an annoying voice

>this thread
am I getting meme'd on?

I had in mind that scene when she's an old lady talking to (I think) silk Spectre 2 in a hushed voice and overacting like crazy. When ever I think of this movie I remember that scene.

youtu.be/jJKUMlYzrt0
0:38
>I'm 67 years old
Terrible.

You also have the opposite with the comedian.

in the flashback he's supposed to be a dumb kid when he tries to rape her, he doesn't even have facial hair in the comic version.

His voice was kino

soft and detached. so many people thought he should have a grand booming voice, but I'm with zach on his interpretation

he's so powerful that he's weak

Some of the changes they made I actually like better, such as the meat cleaver scene and Nite Owl angrily punching out Ozymandias. But I would have recast Ozy to someone who didn't have a thick German accent and cut out the fight scene with him and The Comedian in the beginning.

>dude panels lmao

Watchmen was presented in 3 by 3 so that the few times in the few parts where they deviate from that format it has some extra emphasis because you get impact from the story + the way it's being presented.

I want to put that in the biggest quote marks possible because I don't really believe it, then again i've never read a comic book so I probably shouldn't comment.

>>
>likes extra violence but wants the Comedian fight gone.

okay...sure.

Personally, I would probably like it better if they followed the comic's Comedian beatdown interspersed with ironic detective comments, but the movie version is more... theatrical, I guess.

Far from perfect. Giant blue penis must go.

I disagree. Make the penis even bigger.

shit like this or Batman vs Aliens is probably the only kind of capeshit I'd watch

Actually it isn't because this is a movie and the other thing is a comic book. So it's not an argument

Hooded justice lynching niggers

Yes, it's an adaption syndercuck

hooded justice was gay lovers with captain metropolis

Why the fuck was Alan Moore so butthurt about the film? It literally exactly follows the comic in every way.

The fight scene in the beginning made it super obvious it was Ozy who was the killer based on the contour of his shadow. I liked the meat cleaver scene better because it showed his raw anger rather than doing some Jigsaw prisoner's choice kind of thing for the cannibal.

Victim mentality. It oozes in all of his comics.

I agree, but people seem to miss the point of that comic scene

Rorschach was being exceptionally cruel. He had no intentions of letting the kidnapper live. That's why he waited outside for hours as it burnt.
If by some slim chance the guy cut off his leg and pulled himself outside Rorschach was going to make sure he still died.

His comics are written for comic format only and doesn't think they translate well at all.

Remember, they're not screenplays. They're comics. By their very nature they'd have to change to "fit" a cinematic approach.

Which is the main reason capeshit today is different to the comics they're based on. Ideas that work perfectly in picture form simply just don't translate well onto screen.

Case in point: Captain America. His costume is fucking GLORIOUS in print but looks stupid on film. Same with a lot of comic book shit.

This. Just this. Besides the music, it's pretty damn perfect.

Came here for this

>peak of human fitness and strength
Skinny as hell. Long neck no muscle. Ruined it. His acting suited but body/impression of violence didn't

Most underrated capeshit movie. Director's cut was great. Maybe a better director could have had more interesting shots and gotten better performances from the actors, but it's pretty close to perfect.

PERFECTLY CAST.

Nobody would suspect him of being Ozzy. A near god level intellect with the will to do what he believes is truly necessary.

>Replace Rorschach's head with a nose
HE CAN SMELL CRIME BEFORE IT HAPPENS

>Case in point: Captain America. His costume is fucking GLORIOUS in print but looks stupid on film.
Marvel's inability to make a good costume is not a valid argument. Adam West's Batman costumes worked perfectly for the world and aesthetic they built.

There's a very long story behind it, and his problem isn't very much about the movie itself (Moore has no interest in it and is probably never going to bother watching it) but about all the bad blood between him and DC, who he feels have cheated him time and time again.